Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > PN Racing

Old 2014.04.13, 08:58 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
PN Racing Mini-Z 2WD Machine Cut Wheel

when will the popular sizes be restocked? i've been holding out for awhile hoping to get more of these
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.14, 06:04 PM   #2
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
estimate arrive date 4/28

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.26, 07:05 PM   #3
arch2b

what about the yellow wheels? the most desirable offsets are still out of stock.
Old 2014.05.08, 07:53 PM   #4
arch2b

what about the yellow wheels? the most desirable offsets are still out of stock.
Old 2014.05.08, 08:01 PM   #5
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
The 5 spoke Yellow already up on kenon web, other style will be tomorrow, all wheels on packing in store.

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.08, 08:05 PM   #6
arch2b

awesome! thanks for the update.
Old 2014.06.24, 10:20 PM   #7
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

stupid question but are Part#: 300804S etc all meant to be a fashion show or do they serve as a structural purpose? I didn't mind spending 2-ish usd for a set of rims that would get beat over time (but the offsets i need are OOS) but I'm hoping that rims close to 5-ish usd are durable enough that they don't need alloy reinforcing.

Looking forward to your reply.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.26, 03:52 PM   #8
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Anyone out there use these wheels and have structural issues with the outer lip? I notice PN has alloy inserts and I want to know if they are a fashion statement or serve a structure purpose...

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.26, 03:59 PM   #9
arch2b

i have used them for the last several months and only the noticed the usual nicks, etc. in the edge profile. i too was initially concerned about the thin profile but i haven't run into any issues myself. i have been using them for stock/70T racing, all low impact classes though.
Old 2014.06.26, 08:05 PM   #10
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Ive had no issues running them and others i know. I would say the outer rings are for bling (i have them and like the looks you can do). The rings are for +2 rims and up. To big for +1 and less. So i would say BLING!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.28, 08:39 AM   #11
Felix2010

PN wheels inserts look like 99% Bling-Blingage to me Very nice Bling-Blingage tho

And I am guessing here, but I would think only at the top-of-top speed motors would you only EVER notice any wheel structure problems with the PN wheels.. I think these PN wheels are equal-to or better-than than the older PN $2-$3 wheels in both structural durability (material) and in looks
Old 2014.08.03, 11:16 AM   #12
arch2b

well, i can see some value after this weekend. i noticed my car handling changed after a long day of racing and sure enough, there is a flat spot in one of my wheels. must have taken a hit right to the wheel or something but it's noticeable. this was in stock class with stock motors so no real great speeds achieved. in this case, if the aluminum ring was in, it likely would have just bent both. it's not likely to prevent most wheel deformation but a little rigidity added can't be a bad thing either.

in fairness, i have bent an aluminum wheel in the past as well. it took hitting a pot hole at full throttle though out on the street. it happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (5).jpg (267.2 KB, 46 views)
Old 2014.08.08, 05:28 AM   #13
Felix2010

Arch, you have proven me dead wrong. I stand corrected. I guess the news PN wheels have more give to them than first thought... The old Atomic dish wheels and the Delrin PN machined wheels definitely seem to be more durable than the new PN ABS plastic wheels..

The ABS wheels I don't think should have warped on you especially racing stock class... hmmm...

I do really dig the new PN ABS wheels designs tho.
Old 2014.08.08, 06:19 AM   #14
arch2b

I like the designs as well. I like that PN offers a style for just about everyone.

It's disappointing that the wheel deformed but it is plastic and inexpensive enough to simply replace when needed.

I did check all my other cars with the wheels and the edge lip does nick, chip with use, which to be fair, almost all wheels do. These seem slightly less stiff or resilient than the Atomic S6 wheels but Atomic has chosen to not support more common offsets than PN does so I am using PN.
Old 2014.08.08, 11:28 AM   #15
Felix2010

I agree with you Arch, the new PN ABS wheels are very affordable, which is cool.

One thing I will say about PN Racing: They listen to customers. Every time someone has an issue, Mr. PN himself is accessible by email and always tries to make right any situation.

I was completely wrong about the alloy rim inserts being just bling... I am thinking they improve wheel rigidity on the new ABS-type PN wheels. The ABS PN wheels have that really cool deep-dish style, and I think the alloy inserts are a nice touch of bling but also provide reinforcement.