Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.02.01, 08:37 AM   #1
XPowerRC

Arrow Tools for Mini Z

we've released high durability, lightweight, slick-looking tools available individually or as a set.

XP-TLS-SET - Hex Wrench, Philips Screwdriver, Knurling Nut Wrench (3pc set)
XP-TLS-1.5MM - Hexagon Wrench 1.5mm
XP-TLS-3.5MM - Philips Screwdriver 3.5mm
XP-TLS-4.5MM - Knurling Nut Wrench 4.5mm

Last edited by XPowerRC; 2012.03.19 at 09:31 PM. Reason: input more product photos
XPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.01, 08:36 PM   #2
herman

how about making an all in one tool?

one side could be an interchangeable bit containing the hex on one side, philips screw on the other

and the opposite side could be an interchangeable bit for the nut wrench for the two sizes of nuts for the wheels...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.01, 09:31 PM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The drilling looks like it takes a fair amount of weight out of it.

What is the msrp?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.04, 11:50 PM   #4
XPowerRC

all-in-one tools normally require small bits that can get lost and r/c racers are 'on-the-go' increasing the chance of this - just one reason a set of tools is more ideal.

the set is available for ~30USD
XPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.05, 09:47 AM   #5
arch2b

the atomic tool for example is great. i always recommend that to new drivers as it servers all uses in one tool. it can be done and there is nothing really to loose . if you loose the retaining cap, your tool on one side falls out, a pretty easy sign to catch that it's gone. no different than the set screw used on all these single purpose tools.

these are nice looking though will you have color options? i typically don't like to buy atomic in orange does xpower have a dominant color? pn has orange, atomic has blue for example.

Last edited by arch2b; 2012.02.05 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2012.02.05, 09:58 AM   #6
LED

Wink

I dont realy care for one tool with changable bits. I always seem to loose the bits.
+ I find it easier to have all the tools next to each other while I'm working on my car.
They great, maybe my next set.

Same question about the color, I would like blue or green. Kinda getting sick of all the orange in the mini-z scene
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.05, 10:58 AM   #7
arch2b

it's one bit (with atomic)? is it that easy to lose that one screw down cap? i've had 3 for god knows how many years now and never lost one. i have lost countless set screws from various bits and this is what all the single purpose tools use.
Old 2012.02.07, 12:32 AM   #8
180SX SR20
TEAM BBQ / Y-PLATE DRIFT

Wow, looks nice, I just bought a 4pc set from KM Racing just yesterday, for real!... they're red too and knurled all over the place!

I should have waited...

TEAM BBQ / Y-PLATE DIRFT
EBISU CIRCUIT / D-Max
BLKMRKT BIKES
180SX SR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.07, 03:39 AM   #9
Daddy Rabbit

XP RC......What is the chance of adding a 4.0 mm NUT wrench and a 2.0 mm HEX wrench to the set?
What is the size of the allen set screws?
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.31, 10:08 PM   #10
Fovea3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
the atomic tool for example is great. i always recommend that to new drivers as it servers all uses in one tool. it can be done and there is nothing really to loose . if you loose the retaining cap, your tool on one side falls out, a pretty easy sign to catch that it's gone. no different than the set screw used on all these single purpose tools.

these are nice looking though will you have color options? i typically don't like to buy atomic in orange does xpower have a dominant color? pn has orange, atomic has blue for example.
Hi Arch,

Are you talking about the Atomic 3 in one tool AW-005-B (blue with carbon handle) ?
I just bought one and i am mad. The Philips tip does not fit the standard Mini-z screws at all. I have around 20 chassis and I can't start converting all of them to hex screws, not to mention our 8 rental MR02EX.

I always had problems with Philips screws drivers, had to modify some of them (dremeling the tip) but I lost my favorite scewdriver.

So I was confident that someone like Atomic would make a good screwdriver tip for Mini-z screws. Fail ! I'm mad, around $20 and my faith to Atomic lost. Did they ever test the screwdriver on a fresh out of the box Mini-z? The tip fins won't even engage the cross slots because they are too thick.
My mini-z collection
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.01, 09:22 PM   #11
KWT

If you want a screw driver that fits and won't strip the stock screws you need a JIS screw driver like a Vessel Tools JIS Screwdriver
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.01, 09:32 PM   #12
arch2b

At the time the atomic tool was released, it was good. It is slightly oversized as noted.

The Kyosho #0 Phillips is perfect fit.

Here is my review of some tools, http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=28

Last edited by arch2b; 2013.11.01 at 09:36 PM.
Old 2013.11.01, 10:27 PM   #13
Fovea3d

Thanks KWT, I will try a JIS screwdriver, sounds good.
Arch, I managed to reshape the cross tip with my dremel. I used a grinding stone bit to thin the 4 fins.
It actually works, not very professionnal but it functions like it should now.
My mini-z collection
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.02, 05:54 AM   #14
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

If quality over price is what you are looking for then it is impossible to beat Hudy tools. Aside from that "Wiha" has a very good line of precision tools available through Amazon. I used these for the Dnano. Sets available with sizes down to #000 phillips for around $20. Perfect for the tiny screws that are used to attach the board to the chassis on a mini-Z.

It is quite comical how we spend hundreds of dollars on tiny cars and exotic accessories and then try to work on them with "flea market" tools.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.02, 02:36 PM   #15
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Got a good deal on the kyosho mini z tool set and they work great. Used the atomic tool for years. The only problem I had with it was it wasn't slotted so when I try to take stuff loose the screw driver/hex bit would slip. But everyone that came out since are slotted and work good.