Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.10.16, 06:08 AM   #16
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z View Post
You are absolutely correct. This track can not be sold in the US or it will infringe on RCP Tracks, US patent.
Ill have to have pick some up when Im at a customer and then ship it home....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.16, 06:55 AM   #17
Red Team

Send a message via Yahoo to Red Team
For those not in US, any idea where this track is available ?

Thanks !
Old 2009.10.18, 09:28 AM   #18
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Berm, from what I understand, the track cannot be able to be commercialized in the US because of the patent RCP holds on the design...
One is made out of foam and the other one is made out of carpet. What exactly are the details of the RCP patents? Using MR02 kingpins; T-plates and knuckles as examples, Kyosho makes aluminum knuckles; graphite T-plates and S.S. kingpins. Atomic and PN also make the same. Doesn't Kyosho hold a design patent on the Mini-z that it prevents the manufacturers above to copy the products? Also, can someone or a shop "using" the pirated carpet track be arrested in US? Just wondering.

I'd like to use a version of "RCP" style carpet track; I wish RCP makes one. From my observation the RCP tiles do not age very well with weather such as New York's weather. The rails also chunk easily on impact and I'd prefer a much slippier rail system for the cars to slide through. The design is clever, however. I wonder how the pirated rails compare. My local track may put Atomic pirated rails on their RCP track to see if they fit.

RCP dust vs. Carpet hair. Which one is more harmful to the lungs? That's my next question.

Last edited by SaiTam; 2009.10.18 at 09:50 AM.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.18, 10:12 AM   #19
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

You can view the RCP Track US patent at the USTPO website, where the complete patent is available to the public for viewing. Patent number US 6,908,396 B1.

I don't have knowledge of the patents Kyosho may or may not own, so I can't comment on that part of your statement.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2009.10.18 at 10:47 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.18, 11:36 AM   #20
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
you can also use the rcp rail liners to create the slippier rails.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.19, 09:10 PM   #21
herman

anybody going???? really wish i could...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.20, 02:14 AM   #22
HKSHOBBY

Please do not mind and argue on this copyright problem
It is not necessary to earn money on every product
Sometimes, we just want fun.
I suggest that US users can buy stuff in Hong Kong and contact me, then we can use a group method to ship the products and share the postage fee.
Then players can still enjoy the joy of racing.
Then we can decrease the postage fee and don't haev to worry about copyright problem
HKSHOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.20, 04:57 PM   #23
arch2b

counterfeited goods are a serious problem and not an issue to be taken lightly. please be aware that counterfeited goods are subject to seizure by u.s. customs.

i'm not saying this applies or will happen to anyone importing this knock off track (no disrespect implied or intended but it is a copy) but there are potential implications that may not be kind of friendly.

if anyone recalls, kyosho jpn made made similar warnings when it became common practice to import mini-z's vs. buying via inflated great planes distribution chain. it was not about counterfeit mini-z's that they worried about but subversion of their exclusive u.s. distribution system and great planes loss of revenue as a result. we all know it happened and most of us imported so it happens.
Old 2009.10.21, 06:17 PM   #24
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z View Post
You can view the RCP Track US patent at the USTPO website, where the complete patent is available to the public for viewing. Patent number US 6,908,396 B1.

I don't have knowledge of the patents Kyosho may or may not own, so I can't comment on that part of your statement.
The present invention pertains generally to foam race tracks for racing remote control toy vehicles, and more particularly to foam race tracks with foam side borders which both keep the vehicles from exiting the race track and prevent damage to the vehicles.

that was taken from verbage of the patent. The track in question is carpet.
it is not an exact copy and it definitely isnt a counterfeit because it is not being sold or labeled as RCP.... I think we will be seeing this track soon......
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.21, 06:33 PM   #25
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
The present invention pertains generally to foam race tracks for racing remote control toy vehicles, and more particularly to foam race tracks with foam side borders which both keep the vehicles from exiting the race track and prevent damage to the vehicles.

that was taken from verbage of the patent. The track in question is carpet.
it is not an exact copy and it definitely isnt a counterfeit because it is not being sold or labeled as RCP.... I think we will be seeing this track soon......
You have quoted one sentence from a patent that is made up of many "claims". The way I read the "claims", it doesn't have to be an exact copy or need to be labeled as RCP to infringe nor does it have to be made from foam. I would highly suggest getting the advice from a patent lawyer, if you plan to sell your track here in the US.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2009.10.21 at 08:06 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.26, 12:16 PM   #26
phea
Dexterous

Send a message via AIM to phea
Who's going to be in hong kong with me??? Anyhow keep you all updated while I'm over there. I'm excited to run on the carpet track.
Old 2009.10.26, 12:49 PM   #27
arch2b

please be sure to take plenty of pictures of the event and post review of the track personally, i'd like to see pictures of the carpet tiles.
Old 2009.11.03, 10:01 PM   #28
herman

hmm... wondering if there's an update on this... who else is going?
any international entries apart from phea???
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.04, 02:02 AM   #29
Tjay

Good Luck Stephen! Don't forget to keep us posted!
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.04, 02:19 AM   #30
ruf
4play

Good luck Stephen! Cristian tells me that it was a great experience! Keep in mind that the driving style is a little different there... Learn what you can and enjoy!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote