Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.10.17, 07:52 PM   #61
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i haven't searched yet but has anyone experienced posted directions on how to properly condition and maintain optimum performance with nimh cells? wink, wink
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.17, 07:57 PM   #62
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

A2B, That is exactly what we are looking to find out. alot of expieramenting going on but not final data yet. Anyone out there have anything to add, please feel free!!

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.17, 08:03 PM   #63
arch2b

thanks. i look forward to what you guys come up with. i am interested in trying to get the most i can out of the 11 sets of cells that i have.
Old 2004.10.17, 09:47 PM   #64
solartech
r/c user

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i haven't searched yet but has anyone experienced posted directions on how to properly condition and maintain optimum performance with nimh cells? wink, wink
Ahhh finnaly some one interested! This is my favorite topic. I have sudied this topic for the past few months. I have also talk with some guys who have raced 10scale stock class w/ni-mh batterys.(batterys are very important in stock class). Well when I started racing mini-z cars about a year ago I purchased a few sets of GP800 AAAs and a set of Kyosho 800 AAAs. I used an inexspensive 1 hour charger.
I did nothing but use them and recharge them very often ,no discharging or cycling.Those cells wore out over the winter season, they are usless for racing now. For the summer season of racing Mr-02 I bought new batterys and a ****** discharger and a digital peak charger. I ran 3 sets and used the new equpment to charge and discharge the batterys. I would charge them at 1-1.6 amps and uses them only 2 times a week. I found that the second uses in a 24 hour period would yeild higher performance. The night befor race night i would discharge the cell s individualy then i would charge them shortly after.Then charge them again befor the heat race or main.This is works very well. The batterys from the summer season are still in raceable condition.I came in first in the points race for mr-02 modified.It was closes the summer season was decided on the last lap for the final race.
Anyways i know this charging method works I have used for about 5months. My CP cup car is very fast and consistant.try it out give your feed back!!
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.18, 05:45 AM   #65
disruptor10

Ah yes another race night is upon us , who will be the lucky winner ? Will it be bobby H on his first night back from a long break or can andrew repeat ? or might it be phil or dave on the comeback trail ? We will see what the dilly really is in 12 hrs................................the saga continues
Old 2004.10.18, 07:52 AM   #66
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

hold on there Dave.... You have left off a whole bunch of people that could have a chance. Gerd or Jamie are always right up there when racing.. Andy could supprise and what about yours truly?? You already had your win this weekend, you think you can go back to back at different tracks and scales? And Big Ed has started massaging his batteries. looks to be serious about competeing. I think I fixed my traction rolling problems so I will be going all out. in the end, the winner is goign to be the one that avoids the most moving speed bumps during the Mains. It looks to be a very fun evening! the field is continuing to grow!! Now if we could get Billy back.

Old 2004.10.18, 12:49 PM   #67
disruptor10

Talking Billy where are you bud ?

I was only speaking in general terms paul ....relax deep breathe ...LOL Yeah I freakin miss Billy too.......hope he comes back soon ......HEY ERIC CALL BILLY AND TELL HIM WE MISS HIM !also HEY ERIC DON'T FORGET TO TECH THE CARS TONIGHT !!!!!! and now if we could get Rusty and Hung racin we would have a serious field,love the fact that it's gettin bigger by the week....see ya soon !
Old 2004.10.18, 12:55 PM   #68
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULANGELO
...in the end, the winner is goign to be the one that avoids the most moving speed bumps during the Mains....
i saw the video's... it only takes one slow car to take out most of the field i sw one or two that looked to be playing p****** more than racing but hey, i don't think i would do much better
Old 2004.10.18, 10:18 PM   #69
solartech
r/c user

guess what i didnt use any special charge rates or equipment just the cheap gp charger that i had and i still did well Paul where were u tonight??Racing eas fast and clean tonight.But its back to the short track next week. The tri ovals is fun but the short track is the best.
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 05:08 AM   #70
disruptor10

Talking great

good job Phil and now i know i will not race when i have to work a ten hour day because i suk ! too tired should have stayed home ....see ya next week and i agree the oval rulz period....and i know ERIC you can't please everyone and you are definitely never gonna keep me happy ...LOL see you on thursday or friday for some hot laps and oh yeah Andrew mr spend your life at the mini z track thanks for takin me out in the 3rd round I owe you one ,learn how to pass clean will ya.......

Last edited by disruptor10; 2004.10.19 at 05:10 AM.
disruptor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 05:27 AM   #71
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

sorry to have missed racing last night. family emergeny. good news is that everything turned out all right. short track huh? Looks like I have to put the 8 tooth back in. thats cool. Sounds like you won Phil. congratulations. and Andrew took out Dave? LMAO...... Guess I am going to have to catch up on the dirt about the CP soap opera!

Old 2004.10.19, 09:11 AM   #72
biged358
CP Cup Car Racer

Glad everything worked out Paul! There was good racing all around last night. As usual, I had a blast last night even though my damn antenna lead broke during a heat race that I was leading. A bad day at the track is a better than a good day at work. I'll be at the track Friday or Saturday. See you guys then.

** BTW, I'm looking for a spare F1 car (not the radio) to use for CP Cup Racing. If you know anyone looking to sell a used one, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by biged358; 2004.10.19 at 09:15 AM.
biged358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 05:27 PM   #73
disruptor10

yeah Ed you are so right ...work SUKS
Old 2004.10.19, 06:25 PM   #74
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptor10
yeah Ed you are so right ...work SUKS
it may... but without it I couldn't afford my hobby!! what really sux is that I missed last night!!

Old 2004.10.20, 07:16 PM   #75
evoboy07
Kevin, not Chevin.

Hey, you guys! Sorry this is off topic, but I haven't posted for a LONG time. It's me, Kevin. I won't be around until winter points, but I might be in to practice.