Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.03.21, 01:38 AM   #31
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

Send a message via AIM to RedRSX
Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown
since Mini-Z's cost so much
I just bought a hardly used, only ran on carpet mini-z F1 for $90...it came with an xspeed, full ball bearings, an internal antenna, and an extra set of tires and rims. Minus the cost of the upgrades and throwing in a used facotr...i consider the price of the car to be around $45. And i know a stock F1 can rape a stock xmod...but like Charliebrown said above...remember to have fun with these. I think some of us get a little out of hand sometimes and we forget that we have these things to have fun with, not get pissed at eachother over

- Custom Black Land Crusier, LSSM Lift, Silver Alloy Main Gear Cover, Silver Alloy Motor Heatsink, Silver Alloy Battery Clips, Silver Alloy Knuckles, Gunmetal Alloy Rims, Silver Alloy Underguard, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Suspension Mounts, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Gearboxes, Super U Swamper Tires
RedRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.21, 05:11 AM   #32
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Basically, get a Mini-Z for quality and speed out of the box, or get an Xmod and be prepared to put some hard work and effort into it, along with better drivetrain (AWD, of course ), [/B]
If I had to go to all that trouble of setting up an Xmod, I'd rather purchase a basic Mini-X which is cheaper than an Xmod and is able to use a standard AM radio, as well as handle 6 cells and use Mini-Z tires. As far as the AWD, the Mini-X has that without having to upgrade. And by the way, the history of the Tandy Corporation and Radio Shack begins around 1919., yet it's also my understanding that one bad characteristic about the Xmod is the electronics despite your comment about RS just dealing out electronic gadgets.
Old 2004.03.21, 11:31 AM   #33
Charlie Brown

Quote:
Originally posted by RedRSX
remember to have fun with these. I think some of us get a little out of hand sometimes and we forget that we have these things to have fun with, not get pissed at eachother over
*sniff* he finally learned! *sniff* lol jk

Chuckster...
Old 2004.03.21, 11:39 AM   #34
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

Send a message via AIM to RedRSX
Quote:
*sniff* he finally learned! *sniff* lol jk

Chuckster...

Yea, Yea, Yea...I should have figured it out earlier

- Custom Black Land Crusier, LSSM Lift, Silver Alloy Main Gear Cover, Silver Alloy Motor Heatsink, Silver Alloy Battery Clips, Silver Alloy Knuckles, Gunmetal Alloy Rims, Silver Alloy Underguard, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Suspension Mounts, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Gearboxes, Super U Swamper Tires
RedRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.23, 08:53 AM   #35
BobT

Our top racer/Mini Z tuner Joel has been working on his Xmod for a little over a week. He is now able to keep up with the rest of the club members driving their racing tuned Mini Zs.

To put it in perspective Joel normally laps us every 5 to 10 laps. So a lot of the performance can be attributed to Joel's tallent at tuning and driving.

Joel is a master at finding and fixing minute details of these little cars. Buy taking the slop out of the front knuckles using a coating of CA glue, adding droop shims to the rear a-arms and moving the battery carrier to the forward-most setting he has helped me get mine much more consistant and fun to drive.

I don't think they will ever compete with Mini Zs as the Z can accelerate much faster, but they can be fun to race against other Xmods.
Old 2004.06.23, 12:10 PM   #36
akura2
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE

Send a message via Skype™ to akura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
any way when I got it the TX had a sticker mark on it like a sticker was removed, what looks to be a price tag or something... and a large gash in the side of the TX... looked very used... the car had a few "other" colors on it.. like it was rubbed against another car... again possbility of being slightly used... lol...

Every one said the controller sucks, but its no big deal compared to the commonly overlooked issues the car itself has...
I know this is an old post but I found it while I was searching for something

Did you buy it used?... if not.. then it was probably used...returned...and re-sold.. you should look into that.... because they aren't THAT great (compared to a Mini-Z) but they aren't THAT bad either
Old 2005.01.13, 08:18 AM   #37
moskito42

Cheap and Fast

If you want a cheap but fast alternative, why don't you think about an iwaver? An iwaver02 is nearly a clone to a mr-02 and costs only 50$. You can put a lot of extras like ball bearings, ball diff and tuning motor in it to get it to 80-90$.
moskito42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.13, 10:56 AM   #38
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskito42
If you want a cheap but fast alternative, why don't you think about an iwaver? An iwaver02 is nearly a clone to a mr-02 and costs only 50$. You can put a lot of extras like ball bearings, ball diff and tuning motor in it to get it to 80-90$.
Did you notice when this thread was started? 2004.03.01, 09:46 PM--Was the I02 out then? Myself, when Tower sells MR-02 F50s with bearings for $85.00, I know which I'd choose and it's not going to be an Iwaver or an Xmod, especially since I don't need to pay for another radio.