Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.01.14, 03:31 AM   #31
Justin

Send a message via ICQ to Justin
Colt Bodies

Hi All,

in regards to Herman's question, the Colt does have a variation of different bodies. The Colt has:

McLaren F1 GTR
Porsche 911 GT1
Honda NSX
Subaru WRX
Benz AMG C-Class
Nissan 300
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.14, 06:32 AM   #32
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Re: Come on Mondo

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Mondo,

I'm bringing it up in the New Products section due to the fact that it's been released now for about 4 or 5 days. It's an option for people who might not have that much money like you and me.

Justin - I don't ever remember quoting my financial status on any forum here.

Like I said already - I'm still a proud owner of a Kyosho Mini Z which is also upgraded as well, but all I'm saying is - have a look - Kyosho are not the only ones who can make a decent RC car. Ask Russ or have a look at his site - he has an ABC mini (small Jap company) which did 56mph+.

The 56Mph ABC video sits under the 'Mini RC' Forum

Yet it's not a Kyosho. Yet still cheaper as well. I'm very sorry to say that I am not in much of a mood of debating this topic with you anymore. EVERYONE is DIFFERENT. We all have our own PERSONAL preferences.

I agree 100%, did I ever say your product was a 'bad' one? I think not..

So we can keep our opinions on these posts for people to read so people can make their mind on what might be best for them. Isn't that what a forum is for Mondo?

Indeed they are, I couldnt agree more

Mondo - I have read a few of your replies in this forum and I know you know a fair bit in RC cars as well. I have been in the hobby for more than 9 years and I'm very well aware of expensive brands. But it's just like Nike and Reebok. All companies make high end and low end products. This might be Colt's first high end product (since I have driven the 1/10 colt, which wasn't too flash to tell you the true), and I have also owned a Mugen 1/10 gas with Novarossi .15 TX and honestly to say - it was not worth purchasing for the price. But for Serpent - I have to say that it is worth every cent you spend on it, because it's pushed the envelope of RC racing to the limit. All companies make refinements to their products over time and like you said yourself - Kyosho have made refinements to their cars, but doesn't that mean that the car which they have made refinements to insuperior to it's successor?

Well, my Yokomo YZ10 was a much better car than my Kyosho Optima Mid too

So I will no longer write to you in regards to this as I find this to be pointless - because companies are like people - they are always changing because of different situations they are in.

All those posts were directed at me? I am flattered!

Cheers and I hope we can not make further arguements in future okay Mondo? Honestly to say - I'd like to make friends with you since after reading a few of your things - I know that you know a fair bit as well, so we might be able to share some ideas which ight benefit both of us. Cheers~!
[/B]
Justin,

I am not your enemy, I never have been and never will be.
Your enthusiasm is great and I enjoy your postings.

Keep up the faith

Mondo
Old 2002.01.14, 07:16 AM   #33
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
how much do colts cost appozimately? if it's in my price range then i'll think of getting one to play with myself...
Wedginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.14, 08:26 AM   #34
Justin

Colt Prices

This is for the guy above,

Colt prices will vary from place to place. They will NOT be available in the states as of yet due to them just being released 4 days ago. The price I purchased mine for was $210 AUSD and Fully Upgraded was $234AUSD. The only place you can try is to look if you can find it over the net. If not - then please contact me as there is a store in Taiwan which is willing to ship to you, but I'm unsure if you'll have language barrier problems. The shop's phone number is Int+04 23274964. Ask for a Mr. Hwang, and ask him in regards to shipping the Colt and optional parts as they are VERY CHEAP~!

Good Luck and I hope you find one~!
Old 2002.01.14, 08:27 AM   #35
Justin

To Mondo

Mondo,

no hard feelings okay? I love your work here too - it's been great and I've learned a thing or two which I didn't know about the Mini Z from reading your postings.

Keep up the good work as well!

Justin
Old 2002.01.14, 08:47 AM   #36
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Costs

Wedginator

1.00 Australian Dollar = 0.83 Canadian dollars.

Nice exchange rate calculator right here:

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

Justin,

Hehehe, thanks :

Mondo
Old 2002.01.14, 10:56 AM   #37
Justin

Message to All viewer of this forum

Attention all readers,

firstly I'd like to point out that this car is NOT available anywhere else in the world but Taiwan (since it's only been out for 5 days), and is currently NOT being exported by Colt, because they would like to test the popularity of their item in Taiwan. I asked my friend who owns an R/C shop over in Taiwan and he said that Colt does not think there is such a large market for the Mini's as there is for 1/10 and 1/8.

As of yet there are NO websites which sell this product yet that I have seen or heard of. Most people in hobbystore in Taiwan would probably just be getting their stock of Colt Mini SR racers, and playing around with them themselves. I preordered mine before it came out so I already have one earlier than most people (also my friend's shop is not very far from the Colt factory so he went over and picked one up for me ).

Optional or Mod. Parts are available but not full available yet. These items are currently unreleased yet, but I've already ordered them:

Rear Spring Shock Set
Front Spring Shock Set
Foam Tires (but can be replaced with Tamiya 4wd Hyper Racer foam tires - they do a pretty good job)

Last but not least, I'd like to make an apology to Mondo. Sorry Mondo - I know what you said - it's a Mini Z post, but too many people are bombarding my email address and asking me for photos and websites where they could get their hands on one....

Cheers~!
Old 2002.01.14, 11:35 AM   #38
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

I do not want to start any arguing. I'm just making an observation.
Now, it's hard to tell from the photos but, this 1/24th Colt Mini looks like Colt's rendition of the ABC DTM 24.

I'm not saying they're exactly the same, and I'm not accusing anyone of "borrowing" someone elses design.

Can anybody deny or confirm the suspected "borrowing"?
Ken Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.14, 11:56 AM   #39
Justin

Arrow I can confirm it...

Kenichi,

the Colt is not copying anyone, but I do have to admit - the main chassis is very similar to the ABC DTM, and I know that because I've seen and placed my Colt next to an ABC DTM. But the Colt has it's differences so they cannot be sued for Copyright infringments. The Colt can be made as fast as the ABC in Russ's webpage. Just requires the right tools and right parts. Another thing that is for sure is the battery placement and radio gear placement is different. In fact - the ABC looks more like a scaled down Kyosho 1/10 electric for the way they have setup the car and the way they have placed the battery.

Cheers~!
Old 2002.01.14, 01:04 PM   #40
ruf
4play

Not a Mini-Z

This car is not a copy of the Mini-Z. It is an almost direct copy of the ABC DTM. It looks like a 1/24th scale, not 1/28 like the Mini-Z so comparisons between the 2 are pretty pointless. If you want to compare the Colt Mini to anything, compare it to the ABC DTMsp or the X4 and you'll see that the quality and design is not up to par.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.14, 05:05 PM   #41
Justin

Message to Joe aka ruf

Joe,

the Colt is compareable to the Mini Z because the actual length of the chassis is not as long as the ABC DTM. The Colt's chassis is only 3mm longer than the Mini Z's are, and it's adjustable like the Mini Z as well. I'm sure you cannot make a clear judgement of the size of the car's chassis, but I can assure you - the Colt is written as a 1/24 but hasn't been scaled down properly (hence a very wider stance for stability compared to the Kyosho Mini Z). The Mini's width is 65mm where as the Colt's width is 80mm.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Cheers~!
Old 2002.01.14, 08:44 PM   #42
Wedginator

can you post a pic with the body mounted on to the colt? I just wanna see how it looks... thanks...
Old 2002.01.15, 03:36 AM   #43
Justin

Pic for Wedginator

Prepainted McLaren Body - have a look at my custom painted one - looks much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 28.jpg (25.4 KB, 79 views)
Old 2002.01.15, 05:59 AM   #44
Justin

Talking My "Harrod Wallace" McLaren F1 GTR

Here is my beloved McLaren Cover which I painted. Sorry about the quality, but I guess you could get the idea that it's not that badly painted and completed.

Cheers and hope you all like it~!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 22.jpg (16.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 2002.01.15, 07:19 AM   #45
Wedginator

looks pretty good.... now i'm convinced of probably buying one to play around....