Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.09.09, 09:45 PM   #1
DrivingSideways
A Little Faster Than You.

TX Questions...

i have a few questions about the firelap tx's.
1. i heard somewhere that tx range is bad under 11v. that would be bad, since 8 rechargables (only way 2 do it) only go to 10.8v.
2. whats the tx range on a nanodragon? thanks for any answers!

Proud owner of a white Mini Cooper S 02M 2K8 version (stock)
Christian Racer
Signature your in it put ,this read to time the took you if.
DrivingSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.09, 11:30 PM   #2
fangel

1. I have never experience any problem with range under 11v, I have been using the AFM2 both indoor and outdoor.
2. Range in indoor varies due to indoor condition. but range outdoor has always been very good. We have not fully tested the full range, but basically you could drive your NanoDragon 2 to out of clear visibility without loosing control.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.10, 09:12 AM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

With my FL Tx, I never had problems until it got down around 9.0v.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.10, 09:15 AM   #4
fangel

hrdrvr has the new AFM2 transmitter correct?
If yes could you provide some pro's and con's about it from an end user point of view?
(even though I'm a end user myself, but people might feel that I'm more bias toward to product)
Old 2007.09.10, 09:31 AM   #5
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Im not 100% sure which Tx it is. Like I stated in one of the other threads it stopped working properly (steering wheel got 'jumpy') and it ceased to go into reverse. I havent looked at it in a while :P

I should recive the others I ordered this week, and will try and post a more formal review than the last one I did. The other started out guaging interest and ended up just as a thread posting my experiences with that particular car. Beings this will be my second Firelap and fourth Iwaiver product, I should be able to put together a better 'review'.

You can see my initial thoughts about the Tx and chassis in the below linked thread. Maybe you can LMK if that is the updated version or the older version as well, so I know wheter to expect the same things from the new one.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23873.

EDIT: It is the Afm2. I just looked through the old thread. Its on page 2 where I recieved the pacckage.

Is that the most updated Tx, and chassis kit?

BTW, sorry to jack the thread

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2007.09.10 at 09:35 AM.
Old 2007.09.10, 03:53 PM   #6
DrivingSideways

Thank you for all the help, i was scared 4 a second there, as im buying a 2 nanodragon 2's for me and my bro. I dont think it will ever get down to that low voltage (9.0v). this is good info. apparantly (from hdvdr) the tx is the best, so, ill be good. (im pretty sure the afm2 is the newest, ask fangel, he'll know. as for the "jacked thread," it wasnt jacked since it was a tx question. thx)

Christian Racer

Last edited by DrivingSideways; 2007.09.10 at 05:57 PM.
Old 2007.09.11, 12:33 AM   #7
fangel

hrdrvr,
I'm not really sure what has happen with your TX, do you feel that it is a mechanical problem? If you feel that it is an electronic problem you could try the following. Press and hold the + and - button before turning on the TX, then turn on the TX and wait for the screen to show OK. This trick is to reset the TX and should fix many bugs and issue that one might have from playing with the setting for too long.

AFM2 is the newest TX from Inopo, as hdvdr has put it, the range and the performance is very good, but I would believe that what hdvdr has encounter is only an indiviual case and has not occure too many time. I'm not quite sure if your NR2 chassis is the newest one or not, but from from the recieving time of it, it should be the old version.
The one you would be recieving in the near future will be a even better version.

I would strongly suggest that you give iwaver a try, the quaility and performance is much better then Firelap, you be very happy with the result.
Old 2007.09.11, 02:19 PM   #8
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^
MY Tx is definatly messed up mechanically. The trigger is more forward than it is supposed to be, and you cant move it any firther forward. This means I cant get the car into reverse. Also, if you turn it full lock right, it doesnt recenter itself. It feels like there may be some binding behind the wheel. Ive dismantled it as far as I feel comfortable, and couldnt get it any better. Now that I have another, Ill be dismantling it all the way.

I recieved my shipment, and luckily, I did get the new chassis upgrade, or atleast a newer one than I had. The one I had was a cheap grey plastic wiht a black PCB cover. This one seems to be more like the older Iwaiver's (hopefully better :P) black plastic, with a dark grey (almost black) PCB cover.

Also, out of the box its a lot closer to MR02 (Ill find out friday if its equal) as far as speed an response go. Its definatly a few steps uo from the one I got earlier this year.

I got tons of pics compared to the other one. hopefully Ill be able to get a formal review up soon.

Also, fangel, (this is now a true 'jack' ) do you know if this model actually has a sevo saver, or is it the same servo saver shaped piece of plastic from the other one I had?

BTW, I would like to try out one of the new Iwaivers, but I really like the fact that I can use Z parts, which are lots easier for me to get than Iwaiver on this side of the pond. I also was turned off by the FM on the new model. The main reason I got this set up was for the use of the controller on all of my cars. If I got an FM car it would be the only one I have, and the Tx would be useless for the rest of my RCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingSideways
...apparantly (from hdvdr) the tx is the best, so, ill be good. (im pretty sure the afm2 is the newest, ask fangel, he'll know. as for the "jacked thread," it wasnt jacked since it was a tx question. thx)
I dont think its 'the best', but I definatly think its great for the price of the RTR.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2007.09.11, 02:22 PM   #9
DrivingSideways

i didnt really mean the best, it was just an expression probably the best i could buy hehehe...

Christian Racer
Old 2007.09.11, 03:50 PM   #10
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ Just wanted to clarify, for later readers as well

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2007.09.11, 04:21 PM   #11
DrivingSideways

ok. thats cool. everyone else, listen to hrdrvr (sorry i called u hdvdr)

Christian Racer
Old 2007.09.11, 10:04 PM   #12
fangel

Hrdrvr,
I'm sorry that the TX has a mechanic fault, and I have made an official announcement that all NanoRacer 2.0 shipping now will be the new and upgraded version with much better quality control and better electronics.
I'm looking forward to your review.

The servo saver is still the plastic one that you used to have, only iwaver has spring re-center servo saver at the moment.

Please do give iwaver a try, it's really good in quality and it's much better in performance. You could actually use your AFM2 to control iwaver with the FM27 module box. It's currently not available yet, but will be very soon. After this, you could use your AFM2 for all your RC, even the new iwaver.

I would have to agree, at this price with TX at this quality. it's really a big bang for buck.
Old 2007.09.14, 01:31 PM   #13
yamar6

i have the nano dragon buggy with the new radio.i love it for the price you can't go wrong.i am using it on my bike and rc 18 and i have no range or glitching problems.
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.16, 10:25 PM   #14
fangel

Thanks for your support, I would like more people to know that the Inopo AFM2 transmitter is really a very high quality radio system that would work with many of your owned cars.
Old 2007.10.02, 09:49 PM   #15
yamar6

i just want to say is that.i just rec. my firelap 2.0 and that radio works perfect.so it is worth the money.i look at it this way.even if you need a 3 channal radio buy this one.you get a free car out of the deal
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote