Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.06.04, 11:11 AM   #1
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
What's the Slowest Motor Around???

We have tested the xmods stage 1, but it seems that after a while, it looses up and flies!!!!

Anyone has any experience?
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.04, 11:13 AM   #2
Programmers
iTomCash

Probably Kyosho's Eco motor. That's VERY slow.
Programmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.04, 11:56 AM   #3
schmenzer
Zoom, Zoom

The Eco motor is slow but great fun for beginning drivers. It really puts a premium on being in the right place on the track and running tight lines. We are working on a spec series with the ECO but since it is not available in the US from Kyosho they need to come from Japan and even that availability is spotty.

A bonus is a close to two hour run time!

Greg
Old 2008.06.04, 12:36 PM   #4
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmenzer View Post
The Eco motor is slow but great fun for beginning drivers. It really puts a premium on being in the right place on the track and running tight lines. We are working on a spec series with the ECO but since it is not available in the US from Kyosho they need to come from Japan and even that availability is spotty.

A bonus is a close to two hour run time!

Greg
THAT's Exactly what we're after!!! ...

We had that with the Old xMods in our carpet track. But This year we changed to a foam track and .... speed is no where the same.

I guess the major problem is that not all motors are the same, so in slow-classes, there's a very thin line between motors. Even though we are all using xmods motors, the difference among them is really important.
Old 2008.06.05, 09:22 AM   #5
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Also the nbew Revell RPMz have nice and slow motors. IDK if the motors are available seperate, but I do know that each kit comes with 2. Its supposed to be fast and super fast, but its more like slow and snail speed. My wife runs one in her MR015 as she cant handle the stocker yet.

Iwaivers stockers are pretty dang slow too. They are slower than Xmud motors IMO.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.15, 02:27 AM   #6
chung3j

I haven't seen the Kyosho Eco in action before, but maybe PN's new 70T for stock class will do
chung3j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 07:02 AM   #7
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ The new PN 70ts are faster than a stock motor on our track. I would consider it an upgrade, not a downgrade. I do think itll play out as a great stock class motor for events and clubs alike.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 09:20 AM   #8
stguest

If you want to see the eco tune motor in action I have a vid posted on youtube that compares the stock motor with the eco motor. just search for mini z eco on youtube and it should be the first hit.
stguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.21, 10:02 PM   #9
benmlee

Does the eco motor have more toque than other motors since it is slow? It might be a good motor to use in Overland for rock crawling.
benmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.22, 09:21 PM   #10
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

If you want a very slow motor but with a lot of toque, then you need to look for slot car motors. They make slot car 130 motors that are made to run at 12v at anywhere from 18,000 to 29,000 RPM at 12v. Now if you run them in a mini-z at 5v (default) using 4 NiMH batteries then you end up with a very slow motor with a lot of toque.

Most good 130 slot car motors come with carbon brushes and have a life time that is at least twice as long as any mini-z motors do to running them at only 5v. I used them in the past for my rental cars and they worked well. You just need to solder some caps on the motors and use a big pinion.

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Click here to see MINI NASCAR stile racing Video.
Blackno3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.23, 01:34 PM   #11
benmlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackno3 View Post
If you want a very slow motor but with a lot of toque, then you need to look for slot car motors. They make slot car 130 motors that are made to run at 12v at anywhere from 18,000 to 29,000 RPM at 12v. Now if you run them in a mini-z at 5v (default) using 4 NiMH batteries then you end up with a very slow motor with a lot of toque.

Most good 130 slot car motors come with carbon brushes and have a life time that is at least twice as long as any mini-z motors do to running them at only 5v. I used them in the past for my rental cars and they worked well. You just need to solder some caps on the motors and use a big pinion.

Thanks,
I will look for a slot car motors. Looks like PN makes some of those too.
benmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.25, 01:24 PM   #12
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

PN Racing slot motors are really expensive for a startup motor.

But I read something interesting in Kenon's site about the 70 turn motor for the PNWC, that's also used for the HFAY series this season, and that's the motor has a slow RPM regime. This is:

Performance – no load
Speed = 21,785 RPM +/- 1500
Current = 0.481 AMP

only 22k RPM..... interesting.

What do you guys that tested it have to say about it? comparing it to Kyosho Stock motors and other motors you may have used... Is it a "slower" motor?
Old 2008.06.25, 07:38 PM   #13
schmenzer
Zoom, Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonen View Post
PN Racing slot motors are really expensive for a startup motor.

But I read something interesting in Kenon's site about the 70 turn motor for the PNWC, that's also used for the HFAY series this season, and that's the motor has a slow RPM regime. This is:

Performance – no load
Speed = 21,785 RPM +/- 1500
Current = 0.481 AMP

only 22k RPM..... interesting.

What do you guys that tested it have to say about it? comparing it to Kyosho Stock motors and other motors you may have used... Is it a "slower" motor?
The 70-turn motor is faster than a stock Kyosho on my RCP setups. It is smoother and has better pull out of corners so even though it is turning less RPM on the high end lap times are faster.

Greg