Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Murdertown Racing Club, Wilmington DE

Old 2019.03.02, 10:08 AM   #1
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Mini-Z East Coast Challenge @ Murdertown, June 1, 2019

East Coast Challenge - Murdertown Season Finale
Before taking the summer off I want to set up a huge track and go out with a bang. Here is the plan.

Saturday June 1, 9:30 to 5

-Location-
Claymont Community Center
3301 Green St.
Claymont, DE 19703
claymontcenter.org

The race will take place in the Upper Gymnasium. There is a 6 foot high driver's stand area and halide lights to ensure good visibility.

-Format-
3 classes
Kyosho Stock (Kyosho tires preferred)
70 Comp (or 3500kv)
R.W.Y.B. Mod
Rubber RCP Tires only

-Sponsors-
MRCS Micro RC Syndicate [GL Racing]
EMU Racing
Fast by Faqish

More information is on the way...

Last edited by GIHOSU; 2019.03.07 at 05:39 PM.
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.02, 10:09 AM   #2
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Reserved for Rules

Reserved for Rules
Old 2019.03.02, 10:10 AM   #3
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Reserved for Layout and Lodging Information

These are some of the better and cleaner options for lodging, the first few are clustered together about 10-15 minutes from the event location. I left out downtown but there are some nice offerings there as well. If anyone has any questions I am happy to help.

Courtyard by Marriot Wilmington Brandywine 4.1
320 Rocky Run Pkwy
Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
302 477-9500
-This is the hotel that hosted the last Murdertown event. I like the staff they have chosen.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington 4.0
4727 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
302 478-6000

Holiday Inn Express Wilmington North - Brandywine 4.0
300 Rocky Run Pkwy
Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
302 479-7900

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley 4.5
350 Rocky Run Pkwy
Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
302 479-2000

Crowne Plaza Wilmington North 3.9
630 Naaman's Rd
Claymont, DE 19703 USA
302 792-2700
-This hotel has the shortest drive from the event.

Last edited by GIHOSU; 2019.03.07 at 07:39 PM.
Old 2019.03.02, 10:11 AM   #4
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Reserved for Results

Kyosho Stock
A-Main
1. EMU(1) 37-8:01.435 Fast lap=11.287(lap 10)
2. Garry(4) 36-8:03.921 11.517(4)
3. Sean(6) 35-8:03.400 11.065(2)
4. Saint(2) 34-8:15.277 10.895(10)
5. Melvin(3) 32-8:00.101 11.539(25)
6. Silvio(8) 31-8:10.228 12.288(11)
7. Ray(5) 29-7:48.200 11.894(20)
8. Steve(7) 28-8:08.888 12.516(8)

Modified
A-Main
1. EMU(1) 41-8:01.602 Fast lap=9.795(38)
2. Tommy L(6) 39-8:04.040 11.0349(7)
3. Saint(2) 37-8:00.196 10.656(10)
4. Josh(4) 37-8:08.669 11.118(4)
5. Ray(5) 33-8:04.960 11.461(29)
6. Melvin(6) 9-3:04.567

More is on the way...

Last edited by GIHOSU; 2019.06.11 at 09:39 PM.
Old 2019.03.03, 05:45 PM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I have reserved the date on my race calendar. This will be the largest track that has been laid out in the northeast in many years, maybe largest ever.

Promotion will start on social media once sponsorship information for the event has been finalized.

We should reserve this date on the official race calendar, and get a thread in the event section as this is an event and not a club race.
Old 2019.03.03, 05:52 PM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
well, can use this to develop the event details. but yes, if this is officially booked and no going back, can certainly get this on the events subforum but not much to promote until class details, etc. are nailed down otherwise just promoting a date and 'big' track. Let the admins know and it can be made live in the events subforum.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.03, 06:04 PM   #7
EMU
EMUracing

I agree, we shouldn't post in events until all details are finalized.

Thanks arch!
Old 2019.03.03, 07:09 PM   #8
tommy_greeneyes

this is cool, I will be coming. open that track up.lol
Old 2019.03.03, 08:00 PM   #9
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
well, can use this to develop the event details. but yes, if this is officially booked and no going back, can certainly get this on the events subforum but not much to promote until class details, etc. are nailed down otherwise just promoting a date and 'big' track. Let the admins know and it can be made live in the events subforum.
I have the contract, the gym will be booked as soon as I can return it to the center. Work has been extra crazy but it will be official very soon.
Old 2019.03.04, 08:41 AM   #10
Traveler
of both Time and Space

On my calendar! I'll try to make this and see if anyone from SC, NC or VA wants to go.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.04, 02:38 PM   #11
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
On my calendar! I'll try to make this and see if anyone from SC, NC or VA wants to go.

that so cool, last time we raced together was the Carolina Cup race. yes, let the guys know. it sounds too big
Old 2019.03.04, 04:12 PM   #12
EMU
EMUracing

Awesome, we are still ironing out some small details, but will get the announcement out soon once we are finalized.
Old 2019.05.26, 12:31 PM   #13
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Just a reminder to all this is next weekend!

Rare chance to see a large scale track on the east coast!
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.05.26, 02:04 PM   #14
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Sadly, I won’t be able to make this one . I hope you have a fun and successful event and post lots of pics, results, etc!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.02, 01:06 PM   #15
EMU
EMUracing

This event is now in the history book. I want to thank all who attended, participated and assisted to make the event flow well.

Friday night we unloaded the unassembled track in the large community center gymnasium, and took a count of how much track we had as there was not time to start assembly. We drew up a few different layouts in the track software to try to best utilize space, while having a good flow through the two tile wide layout. An expansion pack was in the original plans, but that didn't make it in time.

The majority of the surface is brand new and never used, and the sections used only have a run or two on them. This meant that traction was relatively low, and left people scrambling early to find the right tire combination to be on. I decided to go with a kyosho 20 radial rear tire on my mini-z cars, but stuck with the PN super soft on my modified GLR. Kyosho 30 slicks were used in front of my mini-z cars, and low height 20 on my GLR.

I had converted my brushless kyosho stock mazda 787 that I normally used in kyosho stock to a superstock car for the PN race, so I fell back on my old brushed mr03 at 98mm with an R8 body for the class. This body was not forgiving at all for the narrow track lanes, and I seemed to be down on speed on the straight by a noticeable margin. It was really good through the twisties though, but was a bit of a handful when I pushed it aggressively. I managed to get the TQ, and drive carefully enough while working the gap behind to secure the win.

In modified, my GLR was beautiful, and a real pleasure to drive. It carries a lot of speed in and through the corners, so I didn't really have to power it off the corners much. With traction low, I had to be very careful in applying power coming off the corners without spinning up the rear tires. My focus went towards having good drive into the corner, and rolling through the corners and only applying power with the front wheels straight. Even then, I couldn't give it a full squeeze.

I had a rough go with 70 comp. I broke my body post just before the qualifier. The body dislodged early on, in a half popped position for a few minutes before finally popping off entirely. With the single post holding the body, it was going to be very difficult for a Marshall unfamiliar with the body post setup used to get the body back in place, so to not distract the marshall further, I decided to pull out of the race to not hinder other drivers from being marshalled if needed. Going into the main, I started fron the back of the grid. I had installed a brand new set of k20 radials to try and gain some more traction, and taped the body in place. The new rear tires added a lot of rear traction, but I lost so much steering that it was hard to get the car to rotate.

I managed to get through an early pileup, but within a minute Tommy was at my wing to put me a lap down. I knew that I didn't have pace for him, his car was the class of the field. He got by easily and pulled away as though I was standing still. He had so much corner entry and mid corner steering, while I had very little. Saint reeled me in as well, and got by as i was over driving the car in attempt to get it to rotate. U think that i had worked my way up to 4th or 5th place out of 9 by the mid point of the race. Tommy suddenly had an issue with his car, which put my up a spot, and saint took the lead with me about a lap down in second place. I pulled the pin, and started pushing as much as I could to try to catch him. I managed to close the gap to about half a lap between us before the repercussions of driving above my talent level caught up to me and I had completely exhausted my driving abilities.

It was a great start for the new facility, and with more practice the show will run smoother. A huge thanks to GIHOSU for calling the races and supplying the amazing lasagna! Thank you to GL for sponsoring the event with a prize for the winner of the 70 comp class, which Saint took. But mostly, thanks to Ray for the assistance with track setup and disassembly, as well as capturing video which should be available shortly. I look forward to the next event, and season of racing mini-z with murdertown racing starting in September.