Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.04.15, 05:23 PM   #1
Biff
Gary

Renewed love for the Z!

Theres nothing like some new parts to play with to rekindle that MiniZ mystic! And I didnt have to break the bank to do so. I have been racing RC cars off and on for 12 years and I think I like these little low cost cars more than any car/truck I have ever owned. I dont know how to explain it. There just so cool!

I wouldnt mind spending a little more money though, if Kyosho would upgrade the servo and electronics,

Ill take some pics of my new set up on Monday.
Old 2006.04.15, 10:33 PM   #2
dean

You may want to think about a Pro-z if you want real R/c grade micro electronics.
Also there are aftermarket potentiometers for the stock servo that improves steering reliabilty and control if you are having an issue with your steering.
Old 2006.04.19, 07:15 PM   #3
Biff
Gary

Pics.

The new chassis and body. For members only!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-003S.JPG (30.6 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-002S.JPG (30.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-004S.JPG (30.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-001S.JPG (30.8 KB, 88 views)
Old 2006.04.19, 09:16 PM   #4
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Nice and welcome back!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.20, 10:28 AM   #5
Russ
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Russ
Right on!!! I may be coming out of retirement soon too. Hopefully this weekend, if not, shortly after will be my return to the mini-z scene.

--------------------------------------------
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.20, 06:59 PM   #6
Shaun
000-00-0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Right on!!! I may be coming out of retirement soon too. Hopefully this weekend, if not, shortly after will be my return to the mini-z scene.
Russ - What's your Mini-Z collection look like these days?
Old 2006.04.20, 09:17 PM   #7
Russ
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Russ
Basically still the same as what's on my site, same as what I had back in the day. I guess if I can get my sh.... stuff together and working good this weekend, expect to see the CLK. Man, I can't wait. I need to make sure all my batteries still hold a charge, and if not get some others. I need to go through my motors, clean & lube the armatures, make sure my bearings still roll smooth, do an alignment (LOL), and after all that, hope I'm still glitch free after all this time.

--------------------------------------------
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.21, 12:59 AM   #8
will3kgt

Great to see people coming out of retirement. Glad to have you back.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.21, 10:13 AM   #9
Shaun
000-00-0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Basically still the same as what's on my site, same as what I had back in the day. I guess if I can get my sh.... stuff together and working good this weekend, expect to see the CLK. Man, I can't wait. I need to make sure all my batteries still hold a charge, and if not get some others. I need to go through my motors, clean & lube the armatures, make sure my bearings still roll smooth, do an alignment (LOL), and after all that, hope I'm still glitch free after all this time.
Sounds good Russ. Hope to see you Sunday.

I'll have some new Rayovac IC-3 AAA 4-packs for sale me on Sunday. CHEAP!
Old 2006.04.21, 03:22 PM   #10
mini-z
Administrator

Welcome back Russ!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.24, 03:21 AM   #11
TNB
Pet Human

I even dusted the cob webs off a few of my Zs today. However, first I had to dust the cob webs off of the track, load it up, haul it, and then set it up. The good thing is that someone I know recently opened an indoor R/C facility which is about 15,000 square feet--with a few feet for my Z track. In addition to the photos below, visit the new thread for more information.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21531

Old 2006.04.24, 08:37 AM   #12
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
I even dusted the cob webs off a few of my Zs today. However, first I had to dust the cob webs off of the track, load it up, haul it, and then set it up. The good thing is that someone I know recently opened an indoor R/C facility which is about 15,000 square feet--with a few feet for my Z track. In addition to the photos below, visit the new thread for more information.

Welcome back TNB, I was talking with Aaron about this last night.
Old 2006.04.24, 10:20 AM   #13
TNB
Pet Human

Thanks. In the short time the track has been set up (Sunday), numerous people have already asked about purchasing Mini-Zs. The nice thing is that the owner is also a Kyosho distributor and mentioned placing orders today after running my Zs yesterday. He is also talking about making an RCP Track set up large enough to run 1/12th scales.
Old 2006.04.24, 11:32 AM   #14
briankstan

now that would almost make a trip to Vegas worth it. I would rather spend my money doing something fun. Gambling and the shows are great, but very expensive. This is more my style.
Old 2006.04.24, 12:11 PM   #15
TNB
Pet Human

Another nice thing is that the building is A/C'd, so it will probably get very busy in the summer or rather probably more so as the ambient temps rise and as more people learn about the indoor facility--the Grand Opening was on Saturday.

At present, the RCP Track layout doesn't have a timing system since I never got around to purchasing one. However, the owner of the facility and myself have discussed Core. For anyone else interested, the offroad track is using an AMB-It transponder system and the track does have loaners--minis are "fast" becoming more popular as well on the offroad track.

Eventually, the owner also wants to add a live web feed as well so even if anyone can't make it down, they can still watch. One large monitor is already in place for the racers to view the computer screen and more are planned to be set up around the track.

Nearby are batting cages, a trampoline place, and other indoor type sport facilities. What I really don't know since I only drive to that area for the R/C track. Perhaps, more so since my RCP Track is set up again.