Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.02.06, 09:31 PM   #61
Qball41

I echo what Mugler said. THANK YOU to the PDX crew for taking the lead and providing us all this opportunity.

Also really great to see 39 participants. We are very excited to be participating.

Finally, Congrats to those on the top of the leaderboard!
Old 2019.02.07, 12:02 AM   #62
BladeSling

Hello again everyone!

The sorting issue was fixed. It was ordering the laps and time alphabetically not numerically. Great job Mugler!

SEOZ, 1/28 raceways, and Kyosho Mini Z's of Georgia have taken their communities for management. Yay!

It was pointed out that I imported a filler racer as the club had raced with 2 people (minimum 3 racers in a race) and the rules say they are supposed to include this racer in the data?
8. Each participating club must have at least a minimum of 3 drivers for each Main. Filler drivers are allowed to maintain the minimum amount of drivers for the Mains at the Judge's discretion. (Filler driver's data will not be counted but must be recorded)
I'm confused about the must be recorded and how that was handled in the past. It doesn't appear anywhere other than this one comment. You should not include filler racers into your uploaded results until we agree on some sort of solution.

Something that Ty pointed out that I will have to fix is the times are currently posted immediately after hitting the submit button without a queue or delay. I will look into a way to hide the results from showing up globally. If you don't want your times visible post them near the end of the month. Races do automatically lock after the 3rd which is probably what I'll base mechanism that hides them until that same date.

Thank you to everyone who is participating! I am no longer on top but I'm stoked to have some new competition.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.07, 07:24 AM   #63
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSling View Post
Hello again everyone!

The sorting issue was fixed. It was ordering the laps and time alphabetically not numerically. Great job Mugler!

SEOZ, 1/28 raceways, and Kyosho Mini Z's of Georgia have taken their communities for management. Yay!

It was pointed out that I imported a filler racer as the club had raced with 2 people (minimum 3 racers in a race) and the rules say they are supposed to include this racer in the data?
8. Each participating club must have at least a minimum of 3 drivers for each Main. Filler drivers are allowed to maintain the minimum amount of drivers for the Mains at the Judge's discretion. (Filler driver's data will not be counted but must be recorded)
I'm confused about the must be recorded and how that was handled in the past. It doesn't appear anywhere other than this one comment. You should not include filler racers into your uploaded results until we agree on some sort of solution.

Something that Ty pointed out that I will have to fix is the times are currently posted immediately after hitting the submit button without a queue or delay. I will look into a way to hide the results from showing up globally. If you don't want your times visible post them near the end of the month. Races do automatically lock after the 3rd which is probably what I'll base mechanism that hides them until that same date.

Thank you to everyone who is participating! I am no longer on top but I'm stoked to have some new competition.
the data doesn't need to be submitted for the filler driver. This was put in there so you didn't have to stack you heat with 5 people, on the small tracks that would give a big advantage to those that could run 3 as less traffic leads to faster runs. We want it to be fair however and not have a car run just a few laps and pull off. It's up to the Club to police this correctly and ensure it's a fair run to the rules.

the previous site had a queue that would hold the results in the admin side as they were posted and then there was a publish function that would make them visible to the community.
Old 2019.02.07, 07:30 AM   #64
briankstan

Blaine,

I look forward to talking with you about this next week at the Wyoming race.
Old 2019.02.07, 08:05 AM   #65
TyGminiz

Great Job Blaine, Thanks again for all the hard work programming things.

Grant R from Georgia is trying to get an acct here at minizracer, but had an idea: one request I have that I do not see asked for yet is Club Standings.

This is an interesting concept. This is a great idea because it pulls the club together as a unit. Each persons laps matter. It's not just about you and your laps. Every lap you can do helps increase your teams score. I may be able to just do this via excel if it is too difficult or time consuming based on other projects, to be incorporated into the software.

Some clubs only have 3 racers presently, so we would have to figure something out for that.

Maybe we could play with the idea this season and roll out next.
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.07, 08:22 AM   #66
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGminiz View Post
Great Job Blaine, Thanks again for all the hard work programming things.

Grant R from Georgia is trying to get an acct here at minizracer, but had an idea: one request I have that I do not see asked for yet is Club Standings.

This is an interesting concept. This is a great idea because it pulls the club together as a unit. Each persons laps matter. It's not just about you and your laps. Every lap you can do helps increase your teams score. I may be able to just do this via excel if it is too difficult or time consuming based on other projects, to be incorporated into the software.

Some clubs only have 3 racers presently, so we would have to figure something out for that.

Maybe we could play with the idea this season and roll out next.
we did this early on in HFAY, a club championship of sorts. it was based on the average ponts of all the combined racers in the club per race and scored by the same points system if I remember right. we didn't have a perfect system to score this one.
Old 2019.02.11, 01:51 AM   #67
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Blaine,

I look forward to talking with you about this next week at the Wyoming race.
I look forward to chatting with you too Brian.

Another update for the website. I added the races on the community pages. Next up I'll make these show up as "private" to other communities if the associated championship race has not closed submission. Thus allowing a place to "queue" the results while having them still visible to the submitter and other community members.
Old 2019.02.11, 06:32 AM   #68
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I recall winning some of those club championships . It as a worthy sense of pride as an accomplishment. It didn’t account for differential in small vs. large clubs but it was fun at the time. I think on average we were getting 8-12 drivers where some clubs had 3-5. I recall some races having as many as 16. Everyone loved HFAY
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.11, 03:37 PM   #69
mugler

Quote:
Another update for the website. I added the races on the community pages. Next up I'll make these show up as "private" to other communities if the associated championship race has not closed submission. Thus allowing a place to "queue" the results while having them still visible to the submitter and other community members.
This is an excellent feature and goes hand in hand with the HFAY format eco system. Not knowing it could have been done on NLT I was looking into setting something up on the side for our club on one of the online scoring systems but this takes care of that in a much better way at no cost.

Also would it be possible to set up an official one-stop-info web page on NLT or original HFAY or perhaps a sticky post on MZR with rules, description, instructions & links to sign up for HFAY? I was trying to introduce someone to the program when I realized as-is they need to be referred to 3 different websites to be able to read and figure out all the information on their own time. A link like that will also allow posting it everywhere on Social Media & other forums for a more direct approach to promo HFAY among the mini-z community everywhere.

Last edited by mugler; 2019.02.11 at 05:55 PM.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.12, 01:07 AM   #70
BladeSling

Another day, another update! Okay, it won't be this crazy forever but there were just a few things I wanted to get done before I went on vacation. ICE MELTER!

Results are now hidden until the end of the race submission date. After that, results can no longer be posted to the race. As community owners and members you can see these results. At present I have no member management for your communities so only the owners can see the results haha.

I setup a feedback page where you can vote on what features you think are the most important or shoot even just the funnest. You can also create new ideas and have the community vote on those as well. No guarantees but I am a people pleaser. I think I have added all the ideas on here and a few that would probably be soon requested. You can also post here and if I see them I'll get them moved over for you.

https://nextleveltiming.nolt.io/

Keep up the HFAY energy!
Old 2019.02.12, 12:45 PM   #71
TyGminiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
This is an excellent feature and goes hand in hand with the HFAY format eco system. Not knowing it could have been done on NLT I was looking into setting something up on the side for our club on one of the online scoring systems but this takes care of that in a much better way at no cost.

Also would it be possible to set up an official one-stop-info web page on NLT or original HFAY or perhaps a sticky post on MZR with rules, description, instructions & links to sign up for HFAY? I was trying to introduce someone to the program when I realized as-is they need to be referred to 3 different websites to be able to read and figure out all the information on their own time. A link like that will also allow posting it everywhere on Social Media & other forums for a more direct approach to promo HFAY among the mini-z community everywhere.

A few of us will be at the Ice Melter this weekend and we'll figure out how to simplify it. It would be great to have one stop, but things haven't gone as we had all hoped, so we are doing what we can in the mean time. Stay tuned. Thanks for the input.
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.12, 01:56 PM   #72
mugler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGminiz View Post
A few of us will be at the Ice Melter this weekend and we'll figure out how to simplify it. It would be great to have one stop, but things haven't gone as we had all hoped, so we are doing what we can in the mean time. Stay tuned. Thanks for the input.
2 thumbs up ! >> https://nextleveltiming.nolt.io/
Great way to hash out each idea within the comment section & vote on priority ranking.

Best of luck at Ice Melter... it seems like a fun event with a lot of classes to choose from !
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.12, 03:41 PM   #73
bobbyz

Thanks Blaine and Ty for your continued work, and keeping HFAY racing going strong. I hope you all have a fun and relaxing trip to the Ice Melter. I put in my votes for any future upgrades. Great work so far!
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.12, 11:56 PM   #74
BladeSling

BOOOOOP. This is a service announcement. The people voted and there are now community standings on the championship page. Kyosho Mini Z's of Georgia is currently in the lead.

I think the calculation is fair for clubs big and small. For each club I take all the entries and add them together. Then I do the same for all the points racers have earned. Finally I do some division.
Old 2019.02.13, 01:31 AM   #75
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
The people voted and there are now community standings on the championship page.
FOR THE PEOPLE!

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote