Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI

View Poll Results: What type of racing should we do this season?
HFAY both weeks 0 0%
HFAY one week and Big Tracks the other 4 44.44%
Big Tracks both weeks 1 11.11%
Big Track one week and informal/special events the other 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011.02.13, 10:39 AM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

Question Mini-Z Dojo 2011 HFAY vs. Big Tracks

So, it seemed like the votes for HFAY this week were mostly votes to not have to do HFAY next week when more people are able to make it - and when we did run HFAY last night we had a larger track set up in addition anyway which seemed to be the center of attention - should we just drop HFAY? Please see attached poll - thanks!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.13, 09:48 PM   #2
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
I don't see a reason in dropping HFAY this season since we've already started it. If it's not popular then we should revert to the big tracks every meetup after HFAY Season 11 ends.

~My Cars~

RWD:
MR-015 iSeries (AM, present to girlfriend - fun)
MR-015 (AM, no pics, loaner to friends - fun)
MR-02 (AM, no pics, driven by girlfriend - racing)
MR-02 (ASF, pics of old body - racing)
MR-03VE PRO (LM mount - fast racing)
Formula 1 (ASF converted - racing)

AWD:
MA-010 (ASF conversion in progress, no pics - racing)
MA-010 (AM, on conversion list, no pics - drift/fun)

FWD:
MA-03F (An experiment...)
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.13, 10:08 PM   #3
hobbycar

I would always pick big track racing over small track racing.

However I'd like to see HFAY through this season too (especially since I've already paid the $12 entry fee myself ). The biggest thing that I like about HFAY is being able to see how I do against drivers around the world. Plus I get to see if I have actually improved. For example in HFAY S11 Event #1 I got 92 & 87 laps respectively. Way back in HFAY S1 I got 89 & 90 laps while in HFAY S2 I got 87 & 92 laps.

Also smaller track setup and teardown makes it easier for those of us who consistently do it.

-hobbycar
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.14, 07:38 AM   #4
YoYo-Pete
Wait! My pants are wrong!

I say finish the HFAY season and re-evaluate after that.

I personally like the big track and am excited about special events.
Old 2011.02.14, 01:26 PM   #5
Deca
Art of the Romantic Drift

Send a message via AIM to Deca
I like the idea of HFAY but the layouts are all awful

You know I'm hype for these special events!
Old 2011.02.14, 02:45 PM   #6
MRDAVT
nihon-jin

I prefer one HFAY and one Big Track. I like racing on both kind of track. Big track may be more fun for most people because cars run fast and track seems easy. On the other hand, I also like HFAY track because as Hobby car mentioned and technical track enhance my driving skill. I like drifting too, but that is not my main stream.
The reason I built another track next to HFAY track is just expected more run time. I simply thought we could build another track using bunch of RCP leftovers so that I could run various cars during HFAY racing because driving or setting my cars is better for me instead of just waiting next race. If I made a mess that night event, I really apologize about it.
MRDAVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.14, 03:17 PM   #7
mini-z
Administrator

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback guys! FYI Norman w/ what I'm working on for HFAY it'll be even easier to chart your improvement between seasons... Personally it doesn't appeal to me that much since I don't get a chance to set up my car or practice so it's not really a chance to see how I rank as much as get frustrated by how poorly I rank because I've got tires from 2 years ago on it and who knows what batteries in it...! Remind us on Friday and everyone will chip in to pay back your $12, I'm sorry, I forgot all about that!

No need to apologize Okabe, the secondary track was cool! I like the idea, and since it happened after the HFAY track it didn't take away from the main track setup etc. so totally cool!
Old 2011.02.14, 04:29 PM   #8
Deca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDAVT View Post
The reason I built another track next to HFAY track is just expected more run time. I simply thought we could build another track using bunch of RCP leftovers so that I could run various cars during HFAY racing because driving or setting my cars is better for me instead of just waiting next race. If I made a mess that night event, I really apologize about it.
Don't apologize! I think everyone had a great time because of the dual layouts I know that for me it was the most enjoyable race night since I started coming.
Old 2011.02.14, 06:55 PM   #9
vigilanterc

I am glad to see "DECA" mention how much fun he had as well, Best night by far as a lot of that was the second track layout!! Good Job Okabe!! How about the exact same thing we had on Saturday? 2 tracks REALLY oppened up the run time for testing and running other types of cars that would be impossible on ONE track only. The Dnano's would most likely get killed with the other cars but more imortant was the ability to have more room to run ANY car as track traffic could be kept lower per track layout.
I loved being able to run both tracks in ONE night.
I say HFAY and Freestyle tracks in one night!!

Steven

Last edited by vigilanterc; 2011.02.14 at 07:00 PM.
vigilanterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.14, 08:30 PM   #10
Jerrymor
cheetos

I am up for finishing HFAY but the big tracks are more challenging and fun. HFAY layouts are generally boring.

Besides my car is set up for the big track
Jerrymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.14, 09:27 PM   #11
monkeyZ
The Race Dictator!

I want both the HFAY and the Big Track.

It's rare opportunity to get together and race for me so I would much rather do as much racing as possible in the night. You can run your cars all you want by yourself in your house... but really when can you race against 10 other people?

Keep the HFAY
keep the big track
monkeyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.17, 08:53 PM   #12
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Idea: what about if we did two race nights plus one more casual night each month? I personally would love this, as I never actually get a chance to work on my car or hang out much since I'm always running around taking care of everything. If there was no computer to run I'd actually get a chance to enjoy things myself perhaps - and between the three, we s/b be able to cater to everyone's preferences?
Old 2011.02.17, 09:39 PM   #13
Deca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
Idea: what about if we did two race nights plus one more casual night each month? I personally would love this, as I never actually get a chance to work on my car or hang out much since I'm always running around taking care of everything. If there was no computer to run I'd actually get a chance to enjoy things myself perhaps - and between the three, we s/b be able to cater to everyone's preferences?
I'm down with this. I might not be able to keep up my 100% attendance but it'd be nice to have more meetups and more freedom for various events.
Old 2011.02.18, 10:56 AM   #14
rensuchan
Returned to Mini-Z

Send a message via MSN to rensuchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
More racing is always a plus.

I like the idea of two big track nights then a HFAY / second track type thing like we did last time.

Of course just doing a casual night works too. Kind of like a practice night or something. Would it cost anything / be reduced cost?

~My Cars~

RWD:
MR-015 iSeries (AM, present to girlfriend - fun)
MR-015 (AM, no pics, loaner to friends - fun)
MR-02 (AM, no pics, driven by girlfriend - racing)
MR-02 (ASF, pics of old body - racing)
MR-03VE PRO (LM mount - fast racing)
Formula 1 (ASF converted - racing)

AWD:
MA-010 (ASF conversion in progress, no pics - racing)
MA-010 (AM, on conversion list, no pics - drift/fun)

FWD:
MA-03F (An experiment...)
rensuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.18, 05:08 PM   #15
mini-z
Administrator

Yeah I was thinking it w/b just $5 for the practice night?