Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.09.20, 08:11 PM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

Talking Ann Arbor Mini-Z Dojo 2015 (?!)

Sooo...a few weeks ago onrailz emailed me about maybe getting some racing going this fall...and we had lunch on Friday and it looks like it all might just work!

We're considering his workplace, and official provider of automotive services for the Tiny RC MR-S, ArborMotion as a venue; the warehouse is still in downtown Ypsi, and theoretically available for racing, but all of the renovations have made the available track area considerably smaller than it was originally, which might not be a problem if we focus on HFAY, as we are currently thinking we will, but, I am sure we will want to do some big track events as well, and the space I toured on Friday looks like it could accommodate some pretty sweet layouts...!

More details to follow, but for now I just wanted to post something and start getting in touch w/ everyone from our long, illustrious past to see who's in...
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.20, 08:38 PM   #2
briankstan

Hope this works out for you guys. it would be great to have you guys back competing in HFAY.
Old 2015.09.20, 08:46 PM   #3
mini-z
Administrator

Thumbs up

We hope so too!
Old 2015.09.20, 08:49 PM   #4
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

I've txted the following Dojo members:

Bryan (monkeyZ)
Will (will3kgt)
Deca (Deca)
Lawrence (rensuchan)
John (YoYo-Pete)
Okabe (MRDAVT)
Jerry (Jerrymor)
Dan (Hippo)
Carlos (svt-racer)
Norman (hobbycar)

Don't feel bad if you were left out - these are just recent members and/or those who I had in my phone. Will start digging for email addresses next - anyone who sees this and starts reaching out too, please post here so we don't duplicate efforts etc. ...
Old 2015.09.20, 08:48 PM   #5
Hippo
Cars...Like with wheels?

I'm in, but if we're going to do this regularly I'm probably going to need a whole new car...have barely touched mine since our last get together.

I'm big into drone racing now. I'm actually pretty competitive, which surprises me. Our drone group has it's own Chuck who always comes in first as well...but I'm pretty happy with second and third.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again.
Dan
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.20, 08:52 PM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
I'm big into drone racing now. I'm actually pretty competitive, which surprises me. Our drone group has it's own Chuck who always comes in first as well...but I'm pretty happy with second and third.
Looking forward to hearing more about this!! And of course seeing everyone!
Old 2015.09.20, 09:04 PM   #7
Hippo
Cars...Like with wheels?

I've just texted Hector (Jason) as well.

Here is the full length of our last race:
https://youtu.be/HQCjXGLVDpg

Tie for first, and I came in second/third.
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.20, 09:08 PM   #8
will3kgt

I'm dusting off my Z war chest now!
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.22, 01:20 PM   #9
Jerrymor
cheetos

Cool

I am in but i hope there is a vintage class.
Jerrymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.23, 12:19 PM   #10
Endo

Ordered all new gear. Wife is going to love this! LOL
Endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.23, 09:50 PM   #11
MRDAVT
nihon-jin

Hi guys!

I hope you remember me.
Time flies! I just let you know that I will leave this country on next Tuesday.
I also greatly appreciate you guys welcome me to Dojo. That was great pleasure that I could racing almost every weekend even living in foreign country and those racing experience with you is one of the best memories in my 5 years US life.

I hope you have a wonderful life in future.

Thank you guys again, and see you someday!
MRDAVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.09.23, 11:03 PM   #12
mini-z
Administrator

Talking

Of course we remember you, Okabe-sensei! It's a terrible shame that you're leaving before things get underway again, but I'm so glad you saw this thread and were able to share your departing thoughts - we will certainly miss you, as will our cars (no more "I can't figure out this setup...I'll just leave it with Okabe for a few minutes and he'll somehow use his nanotechnology to make it run like a dream!" ).

Maybe you'll be back in the US another time soon, or maybe next time we'll head out your way! Good luck with the move, and I hope you're able to keep in touch via the forums, as well as share pics of your local dojo once you're settled in again...maybe we can do a "twinning" with them like how Ann Arbor is "twinned" with Hikone!
Old 2015.09.24, 08:29 AM   #13
onrailz

Ok guys,
How bout we kick this thing off Saturday Oct 3rd @ HIGH NOON-6pm?

How many people will that work for?
onrailz is offline   Reply With Quote