Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2021.07.22, 04:03 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
BIG news! A Kyosho FHSS RF Module is being released for the NB$ that will allow you to run any Kyosho stock FHSS Mini-Z.

See Kyosho video here.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021.08.10, 11:06 AM   #17
arch2b

Instructions from my experience updating to 2.0.93 firmware

The video now has subtitles!

The referenced files are located here, https://www.flysky-cn.com/nb4-xiazai

It's stated that If you are not on 2.0.85 or higher, Assistant V1.1 will not export saved models. If you are on 2.0.83 your going to lose saved models in the update to .85 anyway. write down your settings or take photos of the important screen settings.

Assistant V1.1. If you have a newer PC like mine, USB chipset might not be compatible with Assistant as was my case. My PC will recognize the transmitter as a controller however Assistant will not recognize the transmitter. I had to find an older PC in my house to use this software.
There are no instructions. Your left to figure it out on your own. If you have Assistant already open, plug in your NB4 and turn on. It should be picked up by Assistant once PC says it's ready. Or turn on NB4 then open Assistant and it will already say Connected at the top. Oh, might want to change the language to English, top right. That helps. click Check model list and it should bring up all saved models. You can then export individually or Select all and export. When you click Export, it will prompt you to choose destination/file name. the file path dialog is only relevant when your reading from or two a location.

Firmware update. While on and connected to PC, place in firmware update mode from System/Firmware Update. Open the firmware update and it should state the status as ready. Initiate the update. 2.0.85 was a quick update. 2.0.93 takes a couple minutes. When done, power cycle and it will ask to update RF, click OK.

Assistant restore. Same process as before but click Load model file. This will prompt you to locate the saved file. Selected file will populate the list on the right. I choose Select all for Export so brought all over. Choose Select all at bottom right again. go to right side and for whatever reason, choose Select all, bottom left. I understand this to allow you to import from wherever you want on right list to wherever you want on left list. Click Import and you'll see the status update. Overall, easy enough when you have some guide to follow and I'm sure sheer and utter frustration if you do not. This video provide an guide to use Assistant, https://youtu.be/eowxJbEAiMo

Receiver update. Once all this is done, you will need to update each and every one of your EVO receivers. the Kyosho video provides a guide on how this is done as well. Put your NB4 on the right model for your car. You need to put the receiver I update mode by using the Bind process only hold the button down until the flashing changes to constant blinky to 3 blinky mode (red LED on receiver). From the Model/Radio Frequency Setup menu select Update RF, OK. You should see that Mini-Z mode is already selected. When done, It will tell you if successful or not. I've done 5 now and all have passed. Turn the car off again. From RX Set, select Bind Set to put NB4 in Bind mode. Put your car in Bind mode again. For all mine, I just waited a few seconds and touched the back arrow on NB4 and Bind was complete. Repeat this process as needed to get correct Bind. Some cars will Bind quickly and don't need to touch back arrow. Power cycled the car confirmed all 5 are working correctly. I won't get to really test again until I get to the track but hopefully this puts an end to the connection drop with the NB4 as I really like the NB4 but really don't like lost connection mid race. Kyosho also suggested this may be result of static build up during cold/dry weather.
Old 2021.08.10, 11:12 AM   #18
arch2b

Pushing receiver firmware to 3rd party receivers

How does one bind AFHDS3 V3 Micro 4CH Receiver Antenna Less for FLYSKY Noble NB4 to NB4 with 2.0.93 firmware?

I have the following settings:
Model/Radio Frequency Setup/RF Std: AFHDS3 2 Way
I assume I do not need to Update RF as it is not a Flysky RF.

Under RX Set/Bind Set there is option for Classic Rx or Enhanced Rx. Which is correct?

Just FYI, I tried both and neither binds. Followed instructions =;
1. Plug in Rx to ESC for power.
2. Press Rx bind button while powering on ESC. Rapid flash LED on Rx.
3. Open RX Set on NB4 and Bind Set.

I'm guessing here but it would seem the 2.0.93 firmware update made significant changes and corresponding Flysky receiver updates would be needed however the micro receiver in question does not appear to have a forced udpate mode like the Flysky GMR receiver so I cannot push a receiver update to the receiver in question.

Update: 7/26/2021
Huge thanks to ExcelRC whom responded very quickly in working to get Firmware 2.0.93 receiver update instructions for this receiver. This issue being, there were no instructions provided on how to put the RX into forced/mandatory update mode. I was provided the instructions and followed them to success. I will say it took about twenty tries of holding the jumper cable to the bind button terminal to get the required 3 blink mode but once I did the rest of the process is simple. Please note, rapid flash is pair mode, slow flash normal and 3 flash is mandatory update mode.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...f?v=1627306153

I created the update jumper cable from one of the extra provided with the RX. Simply de-pinned red/blank wires.

All of this is now working!
Old 2021.08.10, 10:01 PM   #19
KWT

I found the Kyosho video on how to update the Evo receiver for the flysky.
https://youtu.be/EL6fWdvl-Qw

To put the receiver in forced update mode, you have to hold down the bind button and turn on the car. The red LED will blink fast. Continue to hold down the bind button for about 10 seconds until the red LED blink changes to a slow 3 blink.

Now you can activate the update on the transmitter. After updating, you will have to re-bind the car to the transmitter.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021.08.11, 07:01 AM   #20
arch2b

Thanks fir the link to the video. Covers this portion of my instructions:
Quote:
Receiver update. Once all this is done, you will need to update each and every one of your EVO receivers. the Kyosho video provides a guide on how this is done as well. Put your NB4 on the right model for your car. You need to put the receiver I update mode by using the Bind process only hold the button down until the flashing changes to constant blinky to 3 blinky mode (red LED on receiver). From the Model/Radio Frequency Setup menu select Update RF, OK. You should see that Mini-Z mode is already selected. When done, It will tell you if successful or not. I've done 5 now and all have passed. Turn the car off again. From RX Set, select Bind Set to put NB4 in Bind mode. Put your car in Bind mode again. For all mine, I just waited a few seconds and touched the back arrow on NB4 and Bind was complete. Repeat this process as needed to get correct Bind. Some cars will Bind quickly and don't need to touch back arrow. Power cycled the car confirmed all 5 are working correctly. I won't get to really test again until I get to the track but hopefully this puts an end to the connection drop with the NB4 as I really like the NB4 but really don't like lost connection mid race. Kyosho also suggested this may be result of static build up during cold/dry weather.
Old 2021.08.26, 11:43 AM   #21
briankstan

I like reading all these things the new stuff can do. I'm still sporting the KoPropo EX-10 Helios TX from circa 2004 maybe...

I have noticed that as all these different "protocols" come out that sometimes we have binding issues with the ASF frequencies. Typically it just requires a slightly longer wait time but sometimes it doesn't want to connect and sure can be a pain.

I have some many cars running from MR-02's with ASF, F1's with ASF, Nascar's with ASF, Buggy with ASF (now ASF micro RX) and Overlands as well. I'm really hesitant to change everything out, plus it would be a fortune to do so.

I just recently build an EVO Car, that would be the only easy one to change.
Old 2021.08.26, 04:55 PM   #22
arch2b

In your case, keep the ex-10 and only switch over new purchases. it's cost prohibitive to convert a large fleet, about $100 a car.
Old 2021.08.28, 01:16 PM   #23
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I like reading all these things the new stuff can do. I'm still sporting the KoPropo EX-10 Helios TX from circa 2004 maybe...

I have noticed that as all these different "protocols" come out that sometimes we have binding issues with the ASF frequencies. Typically it just requires a slightly longer wait time but sometimes it doesn't want to connect and sure can be a pain.

I have some many cars running from MR-02's with ASF, F1's with ASF, Nascar's with ASF, Buggy with ASF (now ASF micro RX) and Overlands as well. I'm really hesitant to change everything out, plus it would be a fortune to do so.

I just recently build an EVO Car, that would be the only easy one to change.
This is my story as well. I stuck with ASF to accommodate older MR02s, and I planted my flag when Sport FHS was the only real alternative. Also, I build some other WPL trucks and stuff from Banggood, and DasMikro ASF receivers are cheap and easy to find.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the deal for the NB4 and two EVO receivers some time soon.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote