Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.10.19, 10:57 AM   #1
Zrc

Formula 1 future

Wow...I'm sure many of you have read Kyoshosan's blog and noticed the comment about the future of Mini-Z F1. In case you haven't, please read it. http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2014/1...t-be.html#more

I'd have an ear to ear smile if i could get my hands on a Ferrari 310 or a Stewart S1/2. If there's anything I love as much as current F1 it's vintage 80's-90's F1.

Please take Kyoshosan's suggestion and send a note to Kyosho supporting this idea. I've sent mine and also asked for Autoscale's to be available. Let's hope !!

What would some of YOUR favorite choices be ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stewart F1 wallpaper 1.jpg (237.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Zrc; 2014.10.20 at 12:01 AM.
Zrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.19, 10:13 PM   #2
kyoshosan

Hi Zrc,

Excellent choice My vote goes to Senna's MP4/6

kyoshosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.19, 11:59 PM   #3
Zrc

Can't argue there Alex. Here's an idea....can anybody post an UGLY F1 car from the 90's ? Bet you can't.
Really hoping Kyosho pursues this. It probably should have happened before now. C'Mon people, you know you love F1. This needs your support.
Old 2014.10.20, 09:20 AM   #4
kyoshosan

Compared to these new front F1 noses of recent years, it will be a hard job finding anything uglier on any era
kyoshosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 08:52 AM   #5
Solo1
Old nut

Left a note on their page think it would be nice for them to reproduce some past champ cars!
Solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 04:57 PM   #6
Zrc

Came across this on Pinterest.

http://www.pinterest.com/Ricblack/f%...-1990-to-1999/

I'd forgotten just how cool some of the cars from the 1990-1999 era were. Looking at the various designs I'd bet that Kyosho would concentrate on the later 90's since the existing chassis might suit them best. I'll take the Jordan again along with a Sauber and the FW20 Williams. There were some awfully nice paint jobs in that time.

Last edited by Zrc; 2014.10.21 at 05:01 PM.
Old 2014.10.21, 06:16 PM   #7
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Nice find Dino. That was a good era. Personally I would like to see some of the C.A.R.T or Indy car bodies. To kyosho's credit though they are really good about doing everything above board by paying royalties where they are due which make doing some of the older stuff real difficult.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 06:49 PM   #8
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

They should do this one...then again I prefer it being one of a kind Minardi.

They should do F1 teams that aren't around any more so there are no royalties needed.

Teams like Hesketh, Jaguar, Stewart, Brawn (I could go on...) could be done but unfortunately unlikely since it'd be hard to do a production run of bodies that only sell a handful.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.10.21, 07:22 PM   #9
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

All of the people mentioned as well as Jaguar are in fact still around. If they would just make white bodies you could get all the appropriate decals from our old friend Patoo.
Old 2014.10.21, 07:38 PM   #10
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Jaguar and Force India on my "To-Do" list...

White Body: $25-$40 depending on site
Decal set: $35 including shipping
paint: $5-ish
time and effort: a lot...

Thats one reason I'd love them to start doing more f1 autoscales

my custom body album...
Old 2014.10.21, 08:30 PM   #11
Zrc

Thanks Mike ! The wife turned me on to Pinterest. Surprising since she's always complaining about me spending so much time on the computer. Pinterest is like giving a sugar junkie a cookie.
Personally I'll stick with F1. I'm not tatally sure about licensing but IF Kyosho could produce a larger selection of F1 cars I think it could be a second coming for Mini-Z's. F1 in 10th scale is booming. Real F1 is steadily growing in popularity in the US.
As a rookie Z driver I can honestly say I'd spend my hard earned bucks on some F1 gear.
Quite honestly,If I had a say in Mini-Z production I'd be pushing for more race oriented cars and fewer street cars. Then again, licensing has it's price...maybe that's one of them.
Hey Mike, you mentioned Patto's Place...I have him in my favorites but never purchased. Would he indeed be a good source for Mini-Z decals ??
Old 2014.10.21, 08:47 PM   #12
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Take a look at my "one off" thread in the gallery. I highly recommend Pattos if you want unique water slide decals to make race replicas

I don't like having the same body that everyone else has and since F1 is so limited these days I choose to take the effort.

my custom body album...
Old 2014.10.22, 04:50 AM   #13
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrc View Post
Thanks Mike ! The wife turned me on to Pinterest. Surprising since she's always complaining about me spending so much time on the computer. Pinterest is like giving a sugar junkie a cookie.
Personally I'll stick with F1. I'm not tatally sure about licensing but IF Kyosho could produce a larger selection of F1 cars I think it could be a second coming for Mini-Z's. F1 in 10th scale is booming. Real F1 is steadily growing in popularity in the US.
As a rookie Z driver I can honestly say I'd spend my hard earned bucks on some F1 gear.
Quite honestly,If I had a say in Mini-Z production I'd be pushing for more race oriented cars and fewer street cars. Then again, licensing has it's price...maybe that's one of them.
Hey Mike, you mentioned Patto's Place...I have him in my favorites but never purchased. Would he indeed be a good source for Mini-Z decals ??
Patoo's would be a good source for decals for the Melbourne Police department or any other thing you can imagine. If it raced or rolled he pretty much has it.