Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.20, 12:22 PM   #31
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Andy,
I thought that Landon said there was family in the area to stay with. The event hotel is the Embassy Suites that is attached to the convention center. Get on their site and ask for the Nekocon rate.

The amatuer(sp?) portion of this event is for the actual convention goer's. All of us that have held a transmitter before will be classified as Pro's(sic)

As far as scheduling is concerned, it should be posted this week. It looks like the Am side will take place on Friday and part of Saturday while the Pro side will take place on Saturday and Sunday. That is the best I can do for the moment but it is all coming together nicely. Just stay tuned for updates.

To everybody else out there that can't make the Vegas trip just come on down. Gas prices are falling so if you are within a few hours of Norfolk it would be a shame to miss out. North and South Carolina will be well represented so it would be a shame if you Yankee's let us win everything by default instead of whipping up on all of you fair and square.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 12:50 PM   #32
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ I have some friends that live about an hour away. Ill be staying with them, so you remembered right.

Racing on saturday and sunday is good enough guestimate for us. We are just trying to get work lined up while we are away. We can travel friday and monday, so thatll do. Im guessing even though there arent any "pro" events going on friday, the track would be available for testing/tuning. Is this a good assumption (if any assumptions are good )? Thanks for the information. Any more specifics will be appreciated, but arent neccesary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLGEESE View Post
This event looks like it's really coming together nicely, I'm going to try and clear up my schedule so I can make this event.. It'll be nice to get a chance to run with hrdrvr and cosmicsoul again.. The track layout looks really nice as well..
J, I thought I read somewhere you were going to Vegas!? Itll be nice to run with you again if you come here instead. I would have liked to have gone to LV, but the cost is too high, and my skill level is too low, lol. Make sure you bring that F1 down. If I can get back at you and Ed at the same time, thatll feel good Hopefully I can make it longer than 2 minutes in the main, lol.

This does look like its going to turn out to be a top notch event. I cant wait!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 12:53 PM   #33
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Yeah, at least part of the track will be available for tuning Friday.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 03:34 PM   #34
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
J, I thought I read somewhere you were going to Vegas!? Itll be nice to run with you again if you come here instead. I would have liked to have gone to LV, but the cost is too high, and my skill level is too low, lol. Make sure you bring that F1 down. If I can get back at you and Ed at the same time, thatll feel good Hopefully I can make it longer than 2 minutes in the main, lol.

This does look like its going to turn out to be a top notch event. I cant wait!
Landon, I was playing around with the idea of going to Vegas, but It's hard to justify spending almost $800 dollars for plane tickets, hotel room, etc. only to race F1 at the PN event.. The only person in our'e club/group that's going to Vegas is vaZracer who's going to try his luck in the F1 class..

I'm still in the process of trying to free up some time in my schedule to make it down to Nekocon so I can run with you guys again.. If I can make this race, we'll definately have to have a "rematch" in the F1 class, it should be fun...
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 03:38 PM   #35
Daddy Rabbit

mlee,

Thanks for the info.
I did call that hotel and they are booked, so we are staying at the Hylton Garden Inn cloose by, still walking distance.
We are are really looking foward to this event.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.20, 03:54 PM   #36
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Remember guy's this is an open comp event. No brushless or lipo's. The jury is still out on foams but I wouldn't count on it. So build up your dream rocket ride and come on down.
Old 2008.10.20, 05:09 PM   #37
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
.... only to race F1 at the PN event..

The only person in our'e club/group that's going to Vegas is vaZracer who's going to try his luck in the F1 class..

If I can make this race, we'll definately have to have a "rematch" in the F1 class, it should be fun...

You know you are qualified to run any class you want. If you qualify in any, you can run whatever you want. Thats what Grant told me in PA. He was talking about me coming, and I didnt even finish the F1 race, lol.

Well good luck to VaZ! Id sure like to get to race him again some day too. Hopefully with all the events popping up in the east we can all get together more often. Y'all should make the trip down one weekend to the beach too.

I guess I should quit calling running F1 with you guys again a "rematch", lol. It would have had to have been a match in the first place, haha. I atleast gave y'all some runs in the Qrounds.

See you soon

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.10.23, 03:07 AM   #38
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Landon, I was playing around with the idea of going to Vegas, but It's hard to justify spending almost $800 dollars for plane tickets, hotel room, etc. only to race F1 at the PN event.. The only person in our'e club/group that's going to Vegas is vaZracer who's going to try his luck in the F1 class..

I'm still in the process of trying to free up some time in my schedule to make it down to Nekocon so I can run with you guys again.. If I can make this race, we'll definately have to have a "rematch" in the F1 class, it should be fun...
You BETTER come down! You know I'm staffing it right?

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.23, 08:07 AM   #39
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I'm a little ashamed that I heven't gotten the official schedule posted yet but it will be very soon. I can say that all the practice and qualifying will take place on Saturday so plan on a long day. The official starting time for Sunday's Mains will be based on how long it took to run a round on Saturday times two. I believe the Convention shuts down at Three so we will back into the starting time from there. We will hold a short open practice on Sunday just to finalize set-ups.

We are hoping for at least thirty different drivers. There is no fee to race. You do have to pay the gate for convention entry. I believe that there is still a little time to pre-register for a savings but I think it's only a day or two so don't wait any longer. We would also like for each of you that will attend to post your intent here. You don't have to commit to which classes but it would be really nice to know who is coming. The classes will be ASC, Pan and F-1. All open comp as previously mentioned.

We have prizes and awards from PN and Reflex on the way. A big shout out to Philip Ng, Cristian Tabush and Joe Chen for adding to this event.

The "trophies" will be in the form of a suitable for framing Certificates with all of the three A mains already mounted. First through third.

This is an opportunity to attend and contribute to an event that surely will achieve National status in 2009. Planning for that eventuality has already begun.
Old 2008.10.23, 10:42 PM   #40
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

ReadY to roll

Got my tires glued and all my junk hooked up. Got my F-1 hooked up finally and all my other junk is ready to go. Hope to see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!! Tallgeese the 30 fronts are the stuff!!!!!!!!! Vasracer hope you do well in Vegas. Ringer hope to see you too. HRDRVR looking forward to racing with you once again. See you all soon!!!!!!!!!

jAY
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.24, 07:34 AM   #41
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I guess the excitement of a super performance keeps you from falling asleep after a long drive home. Great job last night.
Old 2008.10.24, 10:31 AM   #42
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

?

That or the 2 diet cokes on the hour drive home?

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.24, 06:26 PM   #43
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The prize package from Reflex arrived today. Very desireable high quality parts. Guy's it's going to be fun. Only 14 days til the NEKOCON.
Old 2008.10.27, 10:25 AM   #44
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Only 11 more day til the NEKOCON and we haven't seen any names yet for attendees beyond the local group and the contingent from the Carolinas.
Old 2008.10.27, 10:29 AM   #45
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Am I supposed to get something in the mail when I register, or will they have my tickets at the door when we arrive? I registered a few weeks ago, but dont have anything to show for it except my paypal reciepts.

LET's Go Racing!