Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.04.06, 10:48 PM   #1
MantisMMA
tire schredder

MantisWorx F1 t plate system

here is my latest attempt but i need some feedback on the idea. im confident that this plate with the new kyosho DDS is going to be superior BUT as you can tell by the pic changing the batteries is a PITA, pesonally it doesnt bother me especially if it makes the car perform better. an idea i had was to make a stand that holds the car upside down. let me know what you think.

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 01:40 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thats a bit more than i'm willing to do for performance gains. that doesn't even look remotely practical regarding battery changes which will be every qualifier and main. i know it's only 4 screws but thats just my opinion.

others i'm sure will not mind at all.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 01:51 PM   #3
MantisMMA
tire schredder

i definately understand but if it ends up making the car easier to drive and faster its worth it! but your right it is a pain!! i will do some preliminary testing within the next few days. im just taking a shot!!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.04.07, 01:52 PM   #4
MantisMMA
tire schredder

then again its no worse than having to tape and solder every battery pack on bigger cars!! food for thought!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.04.07, 02:35 PM   #5
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Marcus... try this... should work and it will be a hell of alot lighter and will give you options for soft med hard as well... and you will still be able to use stock battery tray cover...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf F1 tplate Design.pdf (6.6 KB, 722 views)

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 02:42 PM   #6
MantisMMA
tire schredder

already did and it was entirely too flimsy! i havent given up on it yet just ned to try some stiffer material

there is not as much room as you would think!!

Marcus Williams

Last edited by MantisMMA; 2010.04.07 at 02:43 PM. Reason: adshful
Old 2010.04.07, 02:44 PM   #7
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

my design should give you a stronger longer arm to act more like a 2wd tplate.. and shouldnt be flimsy as you can make it whatever width you want... i guess the wider you were to go the softer the carbonfiber could be...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 03:02 PM   #8
MantisMMA
tire schredder

your design wont work, look at the distance between the battery holder and the motor on the pic. i used all of the available space unless you see something that i dont! the motor is at the saem level as the carbon so it cannot go back that far.

Marcus Williams

Last edited by MantisMMA; 2010.04.07 at 03:04 PM. Reason: afga
Old 2010.04.07, 03:09 PM   #9
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisMMA View Post
then again its no worse than having to tape and solder every battery pack on bigger cars!! food for thought!
understood, and i'm sure plenty of people are willing to do that, ie many already remove the on/off switch requiring you to take out a battery just to turn the car off. many don't mind hacking their body to bits to get it to run perfectly either.

as for me, it's a bit too much. i don't do battery packs or larger scales but i'm familiar with the routine. i voided battery packs with my mrcg as well just so i wouldn't have to deal with all that. i don't think the average mini-z owner is willing to do that, just as they are not willing to move to lipo/life as aaa is just too convenient.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.10, 08:35 PM   #10
MantisMMA
tire schredder

WOW!! this setup is the way to go, the rear is sooooo planted now. the combo of the new front and "T" rear makes the car so much smoother and transitions are incredible. this is definately going to be the setup even though battery changes are more difficult.next week im going to play with different levels af stiff and they will go on sale in about a week. CT drove the car today and maybe he can chime in on how it felt to him.

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.05.11, 11:19 AM   #11
tudor_47

Hi!

any progress on the rear end ?

I am interested to find out as the PNWC is in September and a good solution for the rear is needed should one even consider driving the F1.

Get a P28

Our new track at MiniZata Were we race My P28
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.31, 08:58 AM   #12
MantisMMA
tire schredder

The T plate system is finalized and will be ready to ship in a few days! A couple of notes about it: It will only work with the PN mount as you have to grind off the two webs on the bottom to make it flat and will come with two carbon spacers. Pricing will be 22.00. there will be pix and pre-order on the website later this evening.

Marcus Williams

Last edited by MantisMMA; 2010.05.31 at 09:00 AM. Reason: khb
Old 2010.06.02, 01:22 PM   #13
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Final version!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.06.30, 09:23 PM   #14
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

just wanted to give everyone some info. i installed mine on an atomic mount with no problems. installs just like it would on a pn mount. just in case anyone was not looking at getting one for that reason
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.01, 12:54 AM   #15
MantisMMA
tire schredder

pix please! i didnt think it would work

Marcus Williams