Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.07.07, 09:43 AM   #1
briankstan

Proper Format for submitting HFAY times.

this was posted in another section but I'm going to post and sticky it here.

I'm still getting times that are not in the correct format and don't contain all the information. If we can get the times sent in the correct format and containing the correct info it will save Matt and Myself lots of time and help get the results posted quicker.

When you submit your times it needs to be in the correct format. This will save us a lot of time in going through them and making sure they are in the correct format before importing them into the spreadsheet.

The fields should only be separated by a "," (comma) no extra spaces in there please. (you can have spaces in the fields but not between the fields, before or after the comma.)

Correct Format.

Racer Name,laps,time,club,chassis,motor

here is how is should look with a few examples, I just made them up to show the format.

briankstan,81,8:05.26,Salt Lake Mini-Z,MR-02,HFAY Spec
Arch2b,85,8.00.78,DC GTG,MR-02,HFAY Spec
Drinian,91,8:02.35,Flip Side Racing,MA-010,Kyosho Stock
**Jennifer,60,8:05.98,Girls Power Racing,Xmod EVO,Xmod Stock
*Chuck,42,8:06.39,Boys Racing Club,Iwaver 02,Iwaver Stock

notice the * and the ** before the last to? those are age and female tags. the * is for female, the ** is for under 16. if you want them tagged please help with that as we don't know these racers for the most part.

How to create the file you should be sending in.

the best way to do this it to right click in your window explorer folder and then select "new" then "text document". rename your document something like S10 Race 9.txt then inside that file is should look like the text above.

I have attached a file for your reference.

All times for that particular track direction should be contained within that one (1) file. then make a separate file for the other direction.

If you are running Racer and F1 you should have 4 files to send, if you are running only one class you will be sending 2 files.

here are a few examples of things we have come across, that we find very often.

briankstan,45,8;01.65,SLMZ,MR-02,HFAY Spec (the semicolon is not correct, need to be a colon (

briankstan,45, 8:01.25,SLMZ,MR-02,HFAY Spec (no leading space before the field).

the 2 examples above are very critical as they bring in a different format and cause the sorting to be out of order. things to remember. there should never be a space before or after the comma.

if you aren't clear or need assistance please let us know and we'll assist you any way we can.
Attached Files
File Type: txt S10 Race 9.txt (274 Bytes, 17 views)

Last edited by briankstan; 2010.07.07 at 09:55 AM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.07, 03:26 PM   #2
Mike Keely

I have been sending you the races like the CW A main and CW B main. Is that OK? I have been sending it that way because when I export it on flipside it is only a few cars in a main. Should I change it to where all of the cars are together? Thanks MK
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.07, 05:04 PM   #3
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
I have been sending you the races like the CW A main and CW B main. Is that OK? I have been sending it that way because when I export it on flipside it is only a few cars in a main. Should I change it to where all of the cars are together? Thanks MK
Mike in your case you could just combine the 2 files into one. that way we wouldn't need to do it.
Old 2010.07.07, 07:05 PM   #4
Mike Keely

Will do. Thanks
Old 2010.07.24, 10:34 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
everyone also needs instructions on where to send results now
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.24, 10:47 AM   #6
Mike Keely

For now I just sent them to Brian like it says on the web site. If I see something come in I will send them to the new location.