Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.09.22, 09:44 PM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Losi Micro Track Corner Covers for RCP Tracks

Losi designed some nice rail liners for the RCP Offroad tracks currently manufactured for Losi and sold exclusively through Horizon Hobby dealers. The rail liners are a perfect fit for all RCP 50cm tracks.

There are currently two types. One fits around the 180 turns and the second fits around the 90 turns. The material is a soft lexan that helps protect the RCP rails from dents, dings and scrapes. The liners also help the cars glance off the rails at specific angle impacts. The red and white strips stand out and give the driver a better look at the up coming turn.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.22, 10:32 PM   #2
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Those are pretty cool!
Old 2011.09.23, 01:52 PM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the listing doesn't include any information. i assume it comes with 2 of each since there is no description? i'll be ordering these fore sure but it would be nice of them to at least let us know what our money is purchasing.

the losi tiles look like the commercial tile in brown vs. the old school brown bumpy tiles for mini-z overland, is this true?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.23, 01:59 PM   #4
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
the listing doesn't include any information. i assume it comes with 2 of each since there is no description? i'll be ordering these fore sure but it would be nice of them to at least let us know what our money is purchasing.

the losi tiles look like the commercial tile in brown vs. the old school brown bumpy tiles for mini-z overland, is this true?
Yes, I believe 2 of each type.

Yes, it is the standard diamond texture on the top side, smooth texture on the bottom. The bumpy brown surface increased a lot in price over the years, so unfortunately it could not be included as a feature in the Losi tracks.
Old 2011.09.23, 02:03 PM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i can certainly understand why given the material qnty needed to achieve the texture. i really miss those tiles though.

is there any chance you will release the jump tiles in RCP texture/colors for mini-z? i think the up/down jump tile in particular could make for some exciting ralley style mini-z racing.

i hope to be ordering a set of these very soon for trials at our track.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.23, 02:50 PM   #6
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i can certainly understand why given the material qnty needed to achieve the texture. i really miss those tiles though.

is there any chance you will release the jump tiles in RCP texture/colors for mini-z? i think the up/down jump tile in particular could make for some exciting ralley style mini-z racing.

i hope to be ordering a set of these very soon for trials at our track.
No plans at the moment. Losi has available a jump and rail only kit, which is much lower in cost compared to the complete offroad track. You could use the jumps as they will connect to the RCP black tiles. The texture will be different, but for the jumps, I don't think it really matters. Better for ralley racing as on typical ralley courses the terrain changes from section to section. If you want the same surface, you could flip the track to the smooth side and the texture will be the same as the smooth side of the offroad jumps. Might be cool to interconnect the offroad tiles with the black tiles to make a unique ralley course. Put the brown slicker tiles in specific area's and switch it up from time to time.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2011.09.23 at 02:52 PM.
Old 2011.09.26, 08:45 AM   #7
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Any plans on making this lexan corner for the Mini 96?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.26, 02:46 PM   #8
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
Any plans on making this lexan corner for the Mini 96?
Kittrich doesn't have any plans at the moment, but possibly one of the other mini-z related companies will.