Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs

Old 2002.04.10, 11:35 PM   #1
Kev71h

Send a message via AIM to Kev71h
San Jose And Area..sweet Racing! Pics!!!

If your near the area....this would be the event to have fun at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAcing................*stock and *mod* classes

Its on a BIG SLOT CAR TRACK!!!

and NO...the slots don't make it difficult!!

www.slotcar.net for Pics

THe owner is excited to see some RC (miniatures like the mini-z and Micro rs4) on the track...I personaly have raced and practiced on this track and its surprisingly awsome!!!!

banked!!!! Bridge!!!! Straightaway!!!!!!!!!! what more can you ask for??? and the track is "raised" some for a great perspective of the racing from all angles!

Go check it out...and if your from the surrounding area?????>>>>>>>> April 15th 7 pm.....(monday) PRACTICE DAY!!!

>>>>>>>>> APRIL 22nd 7pm (monday) RACE DAY!!!!!

what an awsome time for all!! even if you just race on the track and NOT compete...its a so very cool feeling and the OWNER OF THE BUSINESS IS EXCITED TO SEE "RADIO CONTROL" TRY THE CURVES AND BANKS!

Great guys there......but remember....if visiting during the day there is "paying customers" that race slots and be respectful of his business ...he's a great owner and nice people who work there....if noone is on the track..have at it (for now)!!!

Check out your skills! and others.

Kev71H@aol.com local questions.
Old 2002.04.12, 03:31 AM   #2
Strider-

It'd be a disaster if everyone wiped out and all smashed to the floor.......
Strider- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.04.13, 08:41 PM   #3
Kev71h

There is barriers on TURN ONE..so they don't go flying off....LIKE some of the slot cars do.....did you know that many kids of "SLOT" cars go upwards of 75mph???
Old 2002.04.15, 01:50 AM   #4
ApacheXMD

What are the restrictions on stock class? Is it 100% stock? Sorry if it's a newb question, I've never participated in an RC race before.

-patchy
ApacheXMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.04.15, 02:06 AM   #5
Kev71h

stock class mostly has to do with engines and batts...in the mini-z stock...you have to have a stock engine....you choose your batts. You just cant' have a turbo or a Xmotor or anything. k? You should come..practice night is

THIS MONDAY....april 15th.....7PM

race........MONDAY April 22nd....7pm
Old 2002.04.16, 03:51 AM   #6
ApacheXMD

Thanks Kevin for showing us a great time at the slot car track tonight. I had a BLAST!
I was the dude running the silver Skyline MiniZ and bright red Skyline Micro.
Me and my buddies all had a great time and can't wait till next week. Yeah it can get kinda hairy with the edges, but that's just a part of the challenge and fun (I only fell off the track once).

See you in a week!

-patchy
Old 2002.04.17, 02:18 AM   #7
Kev71h

Glad you had such a good time...If I remember right...we have the same frequency!!! LOL I will buy a backup one soon....

APRIL 22..........MONDAY NIGHT.....7PM.. can't wait either.

We had soo much fun! You have many ones that your telling? I'm not too familiar with this mini-z site and I would like to buy a Z sometime soon. If you can put out the word, that would be appreciated.

The racing this up and coming monday will be great don't you think? I love the banked track www.slotcar.net Is pretty awsome...

I am going to take a digital camera that monday and take pics of the cars and drivers and maybe of some action!
Old 2002.04.23, 04:07 AM   #8
ApacheXMD

once again, thanks Kevin for an awesome night of racing. We didn't have too much trouble with the crystals this time And you did a great job manually counting laps.

since my Z (Yellow Altezza IS300 to replace my busted up Skyline)was running soo sweet, me and my buds couldn't get enough and were the last to leave the store. Also managed to win the stock class race

Thanks again for a great night of racing!

-patchy
Old 2002.04.23, 10:50 AM   #9
Kev71h

Thanks alot patchy!

Yes, we all had a wonderful time! I had such a blast (even though I was a bit tired after all of the excitement)

The slot car tract was cool wasn't it??? Expecialy for the mini-z I am going to purchase one also and run one! My micro rs4 was awsome also (managed to win my modified class also)

Manually lap counting was a pain in the neck but affective. Racing 6 cars at once in the modified mini-z was a challenge but it worked! Can't wait until NEXT monday night....I think its 9 pm?

9 pm monday nights seems a little rough for me.....but the track closes to slot car racers at 9 pm.....maybe I will work something out with the owner to have things start a little earilier....

talk to you later....

Kevin
Old 2002.04.24, 01:07 AM   #10
herman

out of curiosity, how did you determine the winners?

we run 4 - 5min heats and count the number of laps you did for the 5min. at the end of 5min. you're supposed to stop your car. the worst heat is dropped and they total your best three heats.

the track is divided into nine equal parts and assigned numbers (.1, .2, .3,.4 and so on) so say two racers complete 20 laps, but one stops between .1 and .2 (he made 20.1 laps) while the other stops between .3 and .2 (he made 20.2 laps) the guy who stops the farthest (in this case 20.2) wins...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.04.24, 03:53 PM   #11
Kev71h

HERMAN,

This is how I judged the winners..

We had assigned COLORS(*stickers*)(red,yellow,purple,black,white,o rang,ect) An individual will call out the color when the car/color passes the line..
We also race 5 min heats and count the number of 'COMPLETED" laps that car/color has made. we race 4 races usually there is a difference in number of laps almost always.
The winners are written down by the number of laps they completed. Racing 3-4 minis are easy to keep up with to tell which one was ahead of the other IF the number of laps were the same. (they know who was in front when the timer runs out)
------------------------------------------------------------------
THis is how I judged the race. (we had big stickers/colors for cars)

[2 people keep track of cars..one calling out color/other gives a notch on the paper beside the color for the lap.]

NOTE: Each color/car gets a "notch" written down for his lap and NO lap is counted UNTIL that car passes the LINE....so if he is INCHES away from the crossing line and the timer beeps?THAT LAP IS NOT COUNTED.

*fist place- gets a 1pt.
*second place- gets a 2pts.
* third place- gets a 3pts. ect.
**The lowest number WINS adding up 4 races...and if its a tie? We go back and count the highest number of laps that that racer ran during all of his races....SO...if there was a tie in the POINTS..we look at the results in the number of laps completed....(usually there is a difference of 1-8 laps) USUALLY it is rarely THAT close.

ESAMPLE?: note: 4 races=4 points BEST possible score
Car -*blue* TIED because his points added up to 6pts(second=2pts)( first=1pt)(second=2pts)( first=1pt) all add up to=5pts
****a total of all his laps completed in all his races could be 100 laps**** average of 25 laps per race

car-*YELLOW* TIED because HIS points added up to 6 pts also
(first=1pt)(second=2pts)(first=1pt)(second=2pts)
****a total of all HIS laps was 96 laps*** Average of 24 laps per race.

ULTIMATE DECISION???? THE best racer will ALWAYS have more laps AND/OR wins than the others.
This settles the tie
Old 2002.04.25, 01:24 AM   #12
herman

cool...

hmm... why not use numbers instead of colors??? i think they're easier to call out... (same here, there's a caller - the guy who calls out the numbers of the cars that make a lap... and a catcher - the guy who tally's the laps made by the racers (basically makes the notches on the piece of paper as you mentioned)

i've got a question though... what if there are two cars who are dead even on a heat? say both of them make 25 laps, how do you determine the winner? or is the 1 point split between the two? and what happens if this happens in the next 3 heats? (unlikely though, but who knows?)

races at our track have been really close, i think one time two racers were separated by .3 of a lap to determine who won....

cool track too... and have fun on your next race...

Last edited by herman; 2002.04.25 at 01:28 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.04.25, 06:44 PM   #13
ApacheXMD

I was the caller on one of the races with about 6 mod-class mini-z's. Big, bright colored dots are hard enough to see when these little cars are wizzing by at 15 miles an hour. Number tags would be near impossible to read i think, at least on that track.
But I think an automated lap counting system should eventually be implemented..

-patchy
Old 2002.04.27, 05:58 PM   #14
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
I was at the track today: it was great. A little slippery, though, and I couldn't see my car under the bridge. I had my F1 hooked, though. Hope you can get some Saturday races going, though.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.04.28, 12:59 PM   #15
lpesce
Mini-Z Novice

Question schedule for mini-z?

Is there a schedule for running the mini-z? am assuming the slot people have most of the time on the track.
lpesce is offline   Reply With Quote