Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.05.04, 12:11 PM   #1
goatranced

MR-03 ASF steering issue (center glitching)

I put a brand new ASF board in an MR-03 sports chassis paired to an EX-6 and I'm getting a centering glitch with the steering. The server buzzes and makes a lot of noise trying to center and shakes frequently making it hard to drive straight. This youtube video shows the same pattern I'm experiencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Og11EHQh7M

So I'll premise this with I've searched the board for two days and can't seem to find an answer. I see where it sounds like many people have had this issue. I've found where folks have mentioned a fix, and referred to a member "TJAY" who posted a fix on a different website that is now defunct.

Does anyone know what that fix is?

I've reset the model on the radio, upgraded the software to 1.06, and performed a rebind. I've checked the ICS settings but I don't any definitive answer on what the setting should and if changing them actually solves this problem.

Thanks for the help!
goatranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.05.04, 02:28 PM   #2
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Red Bull disease! Common in early ASF boards. Get a hold of the setting card for the 03 board and reduce the gain on the steering servo by a notch or two. That should take care of it.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.05.04, 03:20 PM   #3
goatranced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Red Bull disease! Common in early ASF boards. Get a hold of the setting card for the 03 board and reduce the gain on the steering servo by a notch or two. That should take care of it.
Yeah it's caught something nasty or in my case born with it. I thought I tried that already but I'll verify again that I've turned that down. I have the KOPROPO High Speed ICS USB kit so I assume I can make the same changes.

Thanks.
Old 2017.05.04, 04:44 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
If you buy an ASF board, get the one marked as tiki-tiki or chase mode, this is the last version of the board made. MZ410 I think it is.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.05.05, 09:35 PM   #5
goatranced

I moved the gain all the way down with the ICS adapter and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for help we are back in business.
Old 2017.05.06, 06:15 AM   #6
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Just for sh1ts and giggles, check to see what if any transmitter adjustments pertaining to steering strength or gain there are. if you have adjustments try backing them down and raising the board back up to something mid range to see if it (quiver) stays about the same.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.05.08, 09:26 PM   #7
herman

Just came across this... nice to know that there's a fix if and when this type of thing happens... lol Red Bull disease... just wondering if you can fix it (jittery steering aka Red Bull disease) without the ko propo setting card or the high speed ics USB kit.

Although I believe that there is a way to reset your Tx to factory settings, I can't seem to remember if there is a way to reset the settings on the board...

Last edited by herman; 2017.05.08 at 09:28 PM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote