Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.07, 07:08 PM   #16
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i've raced there before with the pa guys so i'm up for the trip it's not a bad trip.
I would like to do it on Sat. March the 13th. Ray was going to see if he can switch the March HFAY race at HobbyWorks to another weekend.

It sounds like we have the makings for 4 teams so far. Not really hearing to much from anyone else. Ed, how many teams do you think you will get from up in PA?
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.08, 09:07 AM   #17
imxlr8ed

Arch... There is heat at the Bowl... it's the radiant ceiling type. Stays plenty warm in the winter. As far as bodies go... that's up to you guys, I'm just helping with location, promotion and track gear.

Mike... I will let Tory know the date you have mentioned (the 13th of March), I will be stopping down to the Bowl to go over some details tonight. I'll PM you tonight then. As far as teams go, if we go in pairs... I'm sure we can get at least 4 from my crew, but it sure sounds like there will be Bowl guys willing to get on board with this race as well.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.08, 09:16 AM   #18
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

ive spoke with others from myrtle beach and we may have 3-4 people looking to attend.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.08, 02:49 PM   #19
Mike Keely

Sounds like we have ten teams already then. I would think that we may end up with enough people to need 3 people per team.

I think we need to have a cut off of ten teams.

These are the teams that I can think of now

1) myself
2) Matt
3) Ed
4) Gary Thomas
5) Myrtle Beach
6) Most likely a mushroom bowl team
Old 2010.01.08, 05:37 PM   #20
Mike Keely

It looks like March the 13th is going to be the race day at the Bowl in PA.

Ed, Is 40 feet x 20 feet possible for the track size? Matt wanted to know so he can start throwing out some track lay-outs for people to vote on.

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2010.01.08 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2010.01.09, 11:49 AM   #21
imxlr8ed

Ok, talked with Tory last night... he's all for it. Now... if we run a Saturday, it will have to be in the day time, and we'll have to be out of there by 5pm. (this means track torn down and all) They have their regular racing there on Saturday nights, and it is their bread and butter right now. They run 10th, 12th and Cup Cars at noght and they are actually getting a full crowd for the first time in a while!

So, a morning start should not be a big deal... when it was at NCRC, I believe we started the race around 11am the last time. We should open up around 8am, have check-in/tuning until around 11am, then run the race. It should work out fine. I will build a flyer and get an event post on here so we can follow who is coming and any other details.

The layout will be similar to layouts we have run there in the past... Larry suggests we run last year's PN Regional layout, which might be a good idea... but we can go bigger. Here's what we had at our last regional there, about midway down on the page you'll see a pic of the track:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...m+bowl&page=15

Because of the driver changes, there will be a pit area and we will not be using the driver's stand... but there should be plenty of room regardless.

I would like to see as many teams as possible though, no cut-off... it's an endurance race so I think the more the merrier! Besides... enduring the traffic is all part of the test, right?

So... if anyone has any suggestions now, better get them on here before I start getting everything together. Oh, and it will be a 70turn, handout motor race... and they will be marked. Open electronics too... but it will be a Kyosho chassis only race, no aftermarket chassis.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2010.01.09, 03:13 PM   #22
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
yes or no on the spec body? if yes, i need to get them asap.

morning start is actually better for me anyway. i'm more of a morning person anyway.

make sure the track has a pull off lane for pit work like last time. we do not want cars coming off and going on in traffic lanes.

ideas for qualifying for pole position?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.09, 08:41 PM   #23
Mike Keely

Not a problem starting the race at 11. Do you think that you will have the track set-up on friday night?

I think that 10 cars is enough. Any more then that and the race will not be worth running for me. You will have people crashing you every lap. If they have more then ten cars count me out.

My vote is no spec body.
Old 2010.01.09, 08:49 PM   #24
arch2b

none it is

if its a huge track, the potential for traffic jams is reduced. if i recall, we had nearly ten the last time and it wasn't a problem at all.
Old 2010.01.09, 09:23 PM   #25
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
none it is

if its a huge track, the potential for traffic jams is reduced. if i recall, we had nearly ten the last time and it wasn't a problem at all.
So why make it a problem? Lets keep it at ten teams.
Old 2010.01.09, 10:48 PM   #26
arch2b

just relaying from past experience, it is whatever you decide. i'm a participant in this one

i don't think we will get past 10 anyway.
Old 2010.01.10, 03:34 PM   #27
Mike Keely

Do you guys want hard pan car bodies to be allowed?

Tory said that it will be $10 per person that races. I guess the cost of the motor also per team.

Does Tory sell any parts for Mini-Z's?

Last edited by Mike Keely; 2010.01.10 at 03:39 PM.
Old 2010.01.11, 11:09 AM   #28
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Do you guys want hard pan car bodies to be allowed?

Tory said that it will be $10 per person that races. I guess the cost of the motor also per team.

Does Tory sell any parts for Mini-Z's?

We'll sort out pricing later... I'm thinking $20 per team is good, should work out better. I would not allow Pan car bodies just because of the shovel effect... I would suggest AutoScale bodies only. It is a big track Mike... how about we say 12 teams only and we stick to that? It's going to be a for-fun event anyways... I'm used to getting bashed up at these races anyways!

We will definitely have a pull-off area right off of the backstretch, right now I'm just trying to figure out my current inventory of track (again ) before anyone can design a layout.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2010.01.11, 08:02 PM   #29
Mike Keely

[QUOTE=imxlr8ed;372321] It is a big track Mike... how about we say 12 teams only and we stick to that? It's going to be a for-fun event anyways... I'm used to getting bashed up at these races [QUOTE]

I am trying to help make it that everyone has fun. I know if I am getting bashed up every three laps for two hours it might not be a lot of fun.

It is not just my race. I wanted everyone's input. I don't want to be the only one to decide all the rules. If 12 teams is the most that we will have I will be there.
Old 2010.01.11, 09:07 PM   #30
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Not sure 100% if ill make it (ill try) but since its a big track.....there can be more 3 tile areas for xtra room. Im thinking a fun/challenging track for this type of race would be better than a real tight/technical. I think the PN "world" track in Spain looked fast, wide and open.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote