Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.05.14, 04:15 PM   #61
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
tall,
we need to use this weekends gtg to establish or begin to establish the biweekly schedule for s4. this will give courtney a 6 month schedule to advertise and work with. i understand we need to get a finished date from courtney for the july endurance race but we need to keep moving on this front as well. i'm an still working on the cars so if you guys can help with the date/time/courtney it would help alot. i've set my budget for 6 cars so teams need to be divided accordingly, min. 2 drivers. i will ocpy this info to the appropriate thread for further discussion.

i emailed ccson my list for courtney. i'll emial it to you as well. i did not include autoscale/readyset suggestions other than to say anything with a racing body. take a look at the spreadsheet from me and feel free to add anything you would like to see as well.

if he is interested in atomic/pn, i can add ot the list as well but i'm sure he wants to see how it goes before stockign aftermarket stuff.

i would post the list here but i can't get an excel file to upload. i just don't get home in time to call courtney so i'm limited to passing info thru you guys.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.14, 04:19 PM   #62
ccson

Courtney/HobbyWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
tall,
we need to use this weekends gtg to establish or begin to establish the biweekly schedule for s4. this will give courtney a 6 month schedule to advertise and work with. i understand we need to get a finished date from courtney for the july endurance race but we need to keep moving on this front as well. i'm an still working on the cars so if you guys can help with the date/time/courtney it would help alot. i've set my budget for 6 cars so teams need to be divided accordingly, min. 2 drivers. i will ocpy this info to the appropriate thread for further discussion.

i emailed ccson my list for courtney. i'll emial it to you as well. i did not include autoscale/readyset suggestions other than to say anything with a racing body. take a look at the spreadsheet from me and feel free to add anything you would like to see as well.

if he is interested in atomic/pn, i can add ot the list as well but i'm sure he wants to see how it goes before stockign aftermarket stuff.

i would post the list here but i can't get an excel file to upload. i just don't get home in time to call courtney so i'm limited to passing info thru you guys.
Thanks for the reminder, Arch.
I will get the list to Courtney tomorrow.
ccson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.12, 06:16 PM   #63
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

What's up, I figured that I would just give all the DC guys an update on the current situation at Hobbyworks... Courtney has got a few more Mini-Z items in stock at the store, so I thought I would list them.. As far as readysets go, there's one 2005 NSX Test Car(3004 FET's), and a black Enzo Ferrari test version(3010 FET's).. Courtney still has about 6 of the Nascar MR-015's left also.. As far as bodies go, there is 1 metallic blue R-34 skyline, a Martini Porsche, and 1 Red Bull Audi A4... As far as parts go, there are 2 MR-015 smoked chassis w/gold terminals, and 3 AWD X-Speed motors... Courtney says that the turn-around time for the Kyosho orders take around 2 weeks tops.. He also said that he was having a problem getting Kyosho to deliver the parts to the right Hobbyworks location, a problem he's currently trying to resolve..

Another thing is the store has been changed around a bit, in preperation for the upcoming construction. Most of the items on the back wall of the store are now in one of the aisles on the left side of the store..

As I had said before, Courtney is definately getting a RCP Track for the store.. The track is still about 2 months away from being set-up, depending on how long construction takes.. Courtney also mentioned something about doing some "Tuesday night races", when the track is eventually set-up..

Also, on a final note, I was talking to a few other employees at Hobbyworks, and 2 of them already have Mini-Z's themselves.. John has an overland, and Tong?(hope I spelled his name right), just got one of the red Lancia AWD's.. Since they have Mini-Z's too, this should hopefully help bring in more Mini-Z related parts in the store...

Well, that's all the info I have for now, I hope this helps out some of the DC guys..
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.12, 07:35 PM   #64
arch2b

thanks for the update! this means more potential drivers for club racing on hobby works days! also means the shop guys will eventually be on top of things and actually knwo what they are talking about when people ask them mini-z questions unlike most other shops.

sadly any week night will necer work for me. i don't even get home from work till 8pm.

please ask courtney if we look good for the july 28th date for the endurance race? also, please ask him if hobby works will be able to assemble a team to participate?
Old 2007.06.12, 09:13 PM   #65
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Quote:
please ask courtney if we look good for the july 28th date for the endurance race? also, please ask him if hobby works will be able to assemble a team to participate?
Arch, as far as the July 28th race it's gonna be close, I'll check in with the store occassionally to get updates.. I'll also check into the race teams...
Old 2007.06.12, 09:40 PM   #66
arch2b

courtney initially told us end of july... this led to our selecting an end of july date. if he doesn't think we will make this we will have to shoot for a august date however we then run into vacation time... either way i need to know so we can actually get this thing off the ground. the closer it seems to get the more difficult it seems to acutally pull it off.
Old 2007.06.15, 07:16 PM   #67
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Hey guys, I had to drive right by Hobbyworks today and I stopped in for just a second.. Courtney was there and I asked him a few questions, one of them being about the future D.C. endurance race.. Courtney said that the construction at the store is going to take three months to complete, instead of two as originally planned... So that pushes the date of the store being finished to the end of August... I just figured I'd let you guys know so that we can make changes to the original race date...
Old 2007.06.16, 10:13 PM   #68
arch2b

thanks for the update!
maybe we play it safe and shoot for begining of september?
Old 2007.06.16, 11:06 PM   #69
byebye

Quote:
thanks for the update!
maybe we play it safe and shoot for begining of september?
Does this mean the endurance race is not in July?

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.22, 08:51 PM   #70
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

What's up, I got another update from Hobbyworks.. Courtney got in 2 of the Ferrari F1's, and another one of the 2005 black-test NSX's.. Courtney also said that for about the first month after the construction is completed, he's going to let us set-up pretty much anything we want in the back of the store.. Which should be pretty tight, this should also let us setup our track of choice for the upcoming endurance race.. Providing the track we choose fits in the new space...

When I was talking to Courtney today, he said he can already get Atomic parts, but is probably going to hold off until the construction is finished to start stocking everything.. He also walked me around the store, showing me how big the store should be after the completed construction.. The store is going to be extended about 40 feet longer!! That's roughly twice the size of the current store.. Courtney also said that he's probably going to get around 5 wide-L's of track from RCP Tracks for the store.. That should be plenty of room for a big track layout.. That should be really cool to see after all the construction is done... That's all for now...
Old 2007.06.22, 09:18 PM   #71
arch2b

so what happens after that 1 month period? will courtney be starting his own racing series? i'd like to know now if our dc ps will be discontinued and we will move to a hobby works racing series? what are his plans for the track and for hobby works, etc. i guess is what i'm looking for. will he begin to charge a fee? my fear is that we are looking at a track fee and limited use of facility for dc class racing. while i'm not saying he's not justified in asking for a fee afterall it's a business and he has to make someting for the expense and cost of the space being allocated to track.

i just want to know what his short/long term plans are and how they will effect what we have going on.
Old 2007.06.23, 01:23 AM   #72
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Arch, the word from Courtney is that after the first month, the track will still be set-up.. It just won't be taking up the whole back of the store. The track will be setup in it's own section in the back.. Courtney wants a place for people to do gaming and would like to have some rc stuff on display as well..

As far as Hobbyworks starting their own race series, the only thing I know about that is Courtney mentioned something about running for fun Tuesday and Wednesday, with racing on Saturday.. He also mentioned something about maybe charging a nominal fee for the racing on Saturdays, just to cover his expenses.. I don't think we'll know about that until he actually has the track up and running.. Time will tell on that one.. Let's hope that if he actually does charge us, the fee will be relatively small...
Old 2007.06.23, 09:52 AM   #73
arch2b

i figured he was going to start weekday racing. most shops do. so long as he's still willing to host racing on saturday, i'm not too concerend about calling it dc ps or hobby works ps or whatever. it may be that the dc class racing is dissolved and hobby works class racing picks up?

i hope the fee is small too. thats one reason i got my own track so i didn't have to charge. the time/gas expense for racing is enough for most of you guys already. i also put a caveat in the dc endurance race information that courtney reserves the right to charge a fee even though i will not.
Old 2007.08.21, 06:07 PM   #74
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

What's up, It's been a little while since I posted on the situation at Hobbyworks.. So I figured I would give everybody an update on the situation there.. I went in there on Monday(Aug 20th) and spoke to Courtney again, here's what I found out...

The track is going to be set-up on Tuesdays once a week for practice and racing should be held on every other Saturday.. Courtney says the construction should be complete around the first of September{rough estimate}, so give or take a few days.. After the construction in the store is completed we will have about two to three weeks to do whatever we want as far as track setups in the store goes.. The only thing is in those first 2-3 weeks after construction is completed we will have to supply our own track if we want to run in that time.. Since Courtney won't have any track{RCP} yet.. As far as lap counting equipment Courtney doesn't have anything in the store as of yet.. Courtney says that he wants to see how big the response is to people coming to race to see if it justifies dropping money on a lap counting system{CORE-GIRO-Z??}..

It looks as though we're just going to have to wait and see how much the racing "takes-off" at the store.. If it ends up being huge, then we can probably expect to see Hobbyworks drop the money for lap-counting software and other goodies.. If it ends up being not so big, then Arch or Spoon or whomever wants to run lap-counting software is probably going to have to bring CORE themselves if we want a lap-counting system... If this is the case, you can count on me to come and help setup anytime as long as my schedule permits..

Overall I'd say that the situation looks promising so far.. Also as far as the D.C. endurance event the best time to have it might be within the first 2-3 weeks after the construction is completed{roughly between September 1st thru the 15th}.. Since we'll be supplying the track and we should be able to setup anything we want during that time.. We also might be able to use that time to run the F1 endurance event.. By the way, Courtney is still planning on carrying the Kyosho line of Mini-Z parts in the store after the construction is completed.. He is also definately getting an RCP track for the store but he wants to see how much RCP he's going to need before he orders any{obviously}..

That's all the info on Hobbyworks I have so far, if anything else comes up I'll try to update this page/thread as soon as I can...
Old 2007.09.10, 08:20 PM   #75
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Once again, I've got another update on the situation at Hobbyworks... Construction is completed!!! It was finished last Friday.. They did a very nice job in my opinion, well worth the wait.. The finished area is around 65 feet long and roughly 25 to 26 feet wide total.. It's a fairly large area, with relatively thin red carpeting covering the floor, so RCP should lay fairly flat on this surface.. No more cobblestones! We will be able to run on a 40ft long by 25-26ft wide rectangular section up until the end of September.. After the end of September, we should have roughly a 30ft long by 25-26ft wide area to run on every Tuesday and Saturday, as I had mentioned in previous posts.. Courtney said that there shouldn't be a problem running the F1 endurance event there as well.. Another thing, Courtney said that they're most-likely going to get a lap-counting system for the store now.. He said that they've narrowed down their choices to the ROBITRONIC RS-160 lap-counting system, or CORE, depending on the price... One last thing, Courtney should be getting the Kyosho lineup of Mini-Z parts in stock at the store by the middle to the end of October.. That's all for now...

Last edited by TALLGEESE; 2007.09.10 at 08:26 PM.