Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.11.01, 02:50 AM   #1
Randel Stevens

Xmods racing Mini-T

this video is of a brushless Xmods EVO dragracing a Mini-t with 3 tell lith poly momba esc and momba 8000 mortor
Randel Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 02:54 AM   #2
gulfclk
CT03 is coming ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randel Stevens
this video is of a brushless Xmods EVO dragracing a Mini-t with 3 tell lith poly momba esc and momba 8000 mortor
which video?

CT-03 RULES!!!, Renault F1 2004 version full option, MR-02 RM full option, BMW X5 on MR-01 MM chassis

[COLOR=DarkOrange]
gulfclk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 03:17 AM   #3
Randel Stevens

how the heck to you post video on this fourm

hear is a link to the video
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7954.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00020.JPG (93.6 KB, 68 views)
Old 2005.11.01, 10:13 AM   #4
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
looks to me like the X-Mod got whipped, maybe you should have set the video camera up from the finish line end
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 11:02 AM   #5
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
looks to me like the X-Mod got whipped, maybe you should have set the video camera up from the finish line end
Looks that way to me, and the xmod had the quicker reaction time too. Unless the finish line was 2 feet from the start then the xmod won.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 11:20 AM   #6
pHREDD
z of mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
looks to me like the X-Mod got whipped,
i agree....cool looking mini-T
Old 2005.11.01, 11:24 AM   #7
Randel Stevens

Usa Vs. Tokyo,hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda52
Looks that way to me, and the xmod had the quicker reaction time too. Unless the finish line was 2 feet from the start then the xmod won.
you can always tell a mini-z lifer!!! well we are working on timed runs that wold be starting from same spot running 30 or 50 ft and passing a lazer beam witch will show up on the car as it passes. then you take the time it took to get from point A (the startline at a dead stop) to point B (the lazer beam at eather 30 or 50 feet). then god forbid do the math. Then you will see that a mini-z cant even play in this game and yes that includes the new all wheel drive mini-z x101 bla bla bla. for all you mini-z lifers, we have offically named this XMODS EVO (MADE IN USA)
THE MINI-Z EATERUPER!
USA VS. TOKYO,HONG KONG

I feel a spanking comming
ok i got gata go
Old 2005.11.01, 11:43 AM   #8
briankstan

Quote:
you can always tell a mini-z lifer!!! well we are working on timed runs that wold be starting from same spot running 30 or 50 ft and passing a lazer beam witch will show up on the car as it passes. then you take the time it took to get from point A (the startline at a dead stop) to point B (the lazer beam at eather 30 or 50 feet). then god forbid do the math. Then you will see that a mini-z cant even play in this game and yes that includes the new all wheel drive mini-z x101 bla bla bla. for all you mini-z lifers, we have offically named this XMODS EVO (MADE IN USA)
THE MINI-Z EATERUPER!
USA VS. TOKYO,HONG KONG

ok i got gata go
well that sure won't help your cause, If you act like that all you will do is get yourslelf banned. It's better to discuss your opinions than to attack.

It all depend on how your car is set up, Most Mini-z'ers don't set their cars up for drag racing, most prefer the track courses, we all know that the xmods were limited in their turning, so most people have been drag racing them. that's fine.

Drag course or track course, it's all about setup. doesn't matter what kind of car it is. I personally find it more fun interacting with the people and having fun compitition races regardless of the outcome.

If you want to run all by yourself and eventually get bored, than just hold on to that additude.

Brian
Old 2005.11.01, 12:24 PM   #9
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
well that sure won't help your cause, If you act like that all you will do is get yourslelf banned. It's better to discuss your opinions than to attack.

It all depend on how your car is set up, Most Mini-z'ers don't set their cars up for drag racing, most prefer the track courses, we all know that the xmods were limited in their turning, so most people have been drag racing them. that's fine.

Drag course or track course, it's all about setup. doesn't matter what kind of car it is. I personally find it more fun interacting with the people and having fun compitition races regardless of the outcome.

If you want to run all by yourself and eventually get bored, than just hold on to that additude.

Brian

Agreed. Think of it like a Funny Car competing against a stock car. Of course, the Funny Car can go 240 mph, but what good would that do on a road track? It works the same in real cars as it does in 1/28 scale.

I can say that because I've seen a loaded up Xmod try to race a road course with Z's...2 weeks later, the guy bought a Z to compete. Maybe oval would be best for them to compete, but I don't think oval's any fun if the cars aren't even.

All in all, why bother to hate on other cars? Unless you want to play by yourself, that is.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 12:38 PM   #10
imxlr8ed

Quote:
you can always tell a mini-z lifer!!!I feel a spanking comming ok i got gata go
It's me again !!! Find your nearest MiniZ event, and go ahead and race it ! Make sure they have a lap counter, and post the results ! I'm sure that if you did that, and won the race, we might take you a little more seriously !

Put up or shut up ! I'll ask you all reading this thread, if he would've went to a track, roasted a bunch of seasoned MiniZ racers with his Xmod, wouldn't we all have great respect, and many inquiries for this guy ?

Once again... it's nice to see you are into it, but I don't think you know what your dealing with when you make statements like you do !

I've built fully hooked Xmods, steering resistor mods, twin turbo, custom motors, AWD, tried it all ... yeah, they were fast but getting them to beat a MiniZ on a roadcourse is a whole other story !

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2005.11.01 at 12:52 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 12:56 PM   #11
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
It's me again !!! Find your nearest MiniZ event, and go ahead and race it ! Make sure they have a lap counter, and post the results ! I'm sure that if you did that, and won the race, we might take you a little more seriously !

Put up or shut up !

Once again... it's nice to see you are into it, but I don't think you know what your dealing with when you make statements like you do !

I've built fully hooked Xmods, steering resistor mods, twin turbo, custom motors, AWD, tried it all ... yeah, they were fast but getting them to beat a MiniZ on a roadcourse is a whole other story !
I think the common misconception is xmodders talk drag racing, mini-zers talk road course racing. then everyone gets bent out of shape not realizing that we are talking about different things.

The best way you can compare the two, is to not try.

The reason the xmod can't even come close on a road course in my opinion is mainly because of its controller. It you were able to use a better one, I feel that the New EVO would hold it's own. I know that Stock EVO will run just as fast on a road course as a Stock Mini-z, if you can stay off the walls, that is hard to do with the Xmod Controller without lots and lots of practice.

Then you have the human element, even the best drivers have difficulty matching their best laps, from one to the next. You would have to put them up against the clock with the same driver running exactly the same line, etc. etc. it's just not possible.

It's the same reason that some driver are just so much faster than others, even with the same setup, and car. there are just too many variables.

Last edited by briankstan; 2005.11.01 at 12:59 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.01, 01:11 PM   #12
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Quote:
THE MINI-Z EATERUPER!
USA VS. TOKYO,HONG KONG

ok i got gata go
Acutally Randel, I also have 2 Gen 1 Xmods and one new EVO. I like the EVO alot. Though I do not see anywhere in the instructions or on the car where it says "Made in USA". I wish that was true.

Also, no where was I bad-mouthing you. But you go off with alittle attack.

So I guess you put me in my place. Thank gosh an Xmod can go 25MPH!!!!! That makes all the world right. No more Americans dying in the Iraq, no more tax breaks for the rich or oil companies!, no more "best buddies" being put in charge of departments they have no reason to be put in and ignoring Americans suffering after a devistaing act of God. All because Randel can make an Xmod go 25 MPH. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My world is at peace now.
Old 2005.11.01, 01:44 PM   #13
imxlr8ed

Quote:
My world is at peace now.
Hey bda52 ! You are definitely invited to our GTG as well !

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2005.11.01, 01:47 PM   #14
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
Hey bda52 ! You are definitely invited to our GTG as well !
I would love to attend either yours or arch's but I work on Saturdays. I would gladly make that drive, it is only about 3 to 4 hours or so. Not too bad since I used to be used to driving 1.5 hours one way for work for 3 years. I do not mind getting my butt kicked on the track, I would look forward to meeting new friends and having fun!
Old 2005.11.01, 02:57 PM   #15
imxlr8ed

Quote:
I would love to attend either yours or arch's but I work on Saturdays. I would gladly make that drive, it is only about 3 to 4 hours or so. Not too bad since I used to be used to driving 1.5 hours one way for work for 3 years. I do not mind getting my butt kicked on the track, I would look forward to meeting new friends and having fun!
The event is on Sunday as well, balance of qualifying and Mains on Sunday.
No problem if you only show for Sunday !

I'll keep an eye out for you !

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)