Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.08.30, 03:14 PM   #1
DrivingSideways
A Little Faster Than You.

Quality...

I would like to know the quality level of the Nanoracer 2.0 and the Nanodragon 2. I want a 1/16 or 1/18 buggy, truggy, or monster, and the Nanodragon was the cheapest. Is it worth it? How about the Nanoracer? I've read mixed reivews on both.

Proud owner of a white Mini Cooper S 02M 2K8 version (stock)
Christian Racer
Signature your in it put ,this read to time the took you if.
DrivingSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.30, 09:34 PM   #2
fangel

Drivingsideways,

Welcome to the board, I would more then happy to answer your questions.
first thing first, it is true that NanoDragon 2 is one of the best deal you could get for 1/16 buggy you could get on the market.

NanoDragon 2 comes with Lexan body that not only is good to look at but also provide structural strength for off road driving. All New Firelap comes with Inopo Radio system transmitter "AFM2" which is a very powerful LCD 2 channel transmitter that has the ability to switch module box to provide FM27 and FM40 frequency. NanoDragon 2 is very tough and is able to handle all kind of terrain.
NanoDraong 2 Video

NanoRacer 2.0 is a budget 1/28 scale racer that has a very high Price/Performance ratio. I know you must have heard that NanoRacer has a tendency to break due to poor Quality control and the plastic quality. I can proudly say now that it has been fixed, the quality of chassis is back to the original Firelap 2.0 stage. Also NanoRacer 2.0 comes with the AFM2 transmitter that I have mention earlier. If you are after a high performance MR-02 compatible product at a much lower price, NanoRacer will be the best bet.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 05:11 PM   #3
mferrini

Maybe you guys over there have more luck with this cars, I got my point over this cars, after have 9 between olds iwaver02, firelaps and nanoracers 2.0 I can only say they are never improve nothing, same crap plastic, usualy out of the box with broken parts, 2 broken radios on the wheel axle. sorry, but spend 2 times on a car is not cheaper after all.

Or maybe is like someone at the brand factory forum says: 'Latin peoples have low expectation about quality' .... maybe for that we receive so many defective cars.

thaks for read.
mferrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 10:00 PM   #4
DrivingSideways

Question

hmm thats interesting but does anyone hve a nanodragon 2? can they be somewhat beat up stock and used heavily offroad? how do they stand up?

Christian Racer
Old 2007.09.02, 09:29 PM   #5
fangel

DrivingSideways,
NanoDragon 2 is build with strength and toughness in mind. As you might have seen with the video, the NanoDragon 2 can race through different terrain with ease. However there has been some durability complain that is extremely typical of AWD chassis. The individual differential tends to have issue after prolong racing out door. Some of the reason might including jamming of foreign material into the drive train system. Causing all the dear to over work to over come to jam, or too many sudden front and back chassis movement. The fix is fairly easier, all you would have to do is replace the differential gear box which is available for sales. I would have to say that this does not happen too often with normal usage of the chassis. Some daily maintenance would prevent this from ever happening.
Old 2007.09.02, 09:49 PM   #6
DrivingSideways

nanodragons are awd? awesome!! im definitely getting one now. my little brother will too, so we can race. thanks for the diff tip too.

Christian Racer
Old 2007.09.02, 09:21 PM   #7
fangel

mferrini,
I'm deeply sorry for your disappointment over the previous chassis you have receive, but I would like to get a few point straight, I'm not quite sure where you buy all your iwaver and firelap from, but We from ToyE@st has never pick on customer no matter where they are from. I must admit that different batches of both iwaver 02, firelap 02 and NanoRacer 2.0 has suffer from poor plastic quality and bad quality control. However we are proud to announce that we have fixed and change some of our factory to greatly improve the product reliability and performance. I know my word of mouth could not once and for all be prove, but the fact is that with the addition of new Inopo AFM2 transmitter, the Price to value ratio is even higher then before.
Old 2007.09.03, 08:15 AM   #8
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangel
mferrini,
However we are proud to announce that we have fixed and change some of our factory to greatly improve the product reliability and performance. I know my word of mouth could not once and for all be prove, but the fact is that with the addition of new Inopo AFM2 transmitter, the Price to value ratio is even higher then before.
How can you tell if you are getting the newer improved versions???
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.03, 10:38 PM   #9
fangel

Well first off, you should get it from ToyE@st. Since we are the only store that has the new improved versions on the market right now.

The new version has change some of it's color back to the second generations. It's now Black and gray instead of the original Dark gray and gray.

Please be aware that the older second generations Firelap 2.0 chassis has many issue with plastic and electronics that was resolved with later generations, please buy at your own risk.

Also the second generations comes with 3pm style transmitter and not the After market AFM2 transmitter.

To sum it all up,
1. Buy directly from ToyE@st.
2. Comes with AFM2 transmitter.
3. Black and gray color scheme for the chassis.