Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > RCP Tracks > RCP Support Forum

Old 2006.05.31, 05:45 PM   #76
cdog4w

Looks good brian, I like how you only need 2 adapter tiles. I was hoping with mine to be able to fit 3 lane widths of the mini tiles in width of 2 wide lanes (for absolute minimum space use), but I think yours would only fit 2.5 (ie. 5 tiles)? I think I do have enough side space to manage it with yours and still do my design but it would be shifted a bit.

We're looking at houses so I'd love for my space concerns to go moot, but maybe they can help other people with cramped space.

Total sideways to the topic, but its pretty funny that so many people have cad drawings of RCP, not to mention custom designed tiles
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.31, 05:50 PM   #77
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
to elaberate on my adapter concept...

The reason I did it my way was because both tiles 50 and 30 cm can be divided by 10cm.... so my adapter thing is 10cm long... and 10cm shifted to the side, this allows it to connect almost anywere using 4 of the adapters. If its off by 10cm you just swap the left and right adapter and it will shift it over, and if its off by 20cm you use 2 adapters as a 20cm long tile... there are less possitions were it would not match.. but there are still a few were it will not line up again. Also its just an adapter and does not really need to be a full 50cm tile... save on packing size etc... could possibly be a simple 20$ kit. The corners could be rounded, and extended to overlap the rails of the other tiles to make it less of a bump...
Old 2006.05.31, 09:14 PM   #78
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

I like Drac's 10cm concept, but I would like to make the transition on the 50cm tiles, so the conversion has a gradual angle transition from 100cm to 60cm. The 50cm conversion tile would be 60cm long to make up the 10cm. We could make 40cm mini straight tiles to make up the difference when bringing the track around 180 degrees back to the 50cm. You wouldn't need the 40cm mini straights if you go from 50cm to 30cm and back again in the same line. I will mess around with this theory later tonight and draw some ideas for your feedback.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.01, 01:17 AM   #79
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY

that is kinda what I would like to see, you wouldn't want to jump right down to the somaller tiles it would be to much of a road hazard. I would prefer a gradual taper, instead of an aprupt one.
Old 2006.06.01, 01:39 AM   #80
Draconious

Those were old renders I made almost a year + old... So made a new render of what I was thinking recently...

The 40cm will just need more tiles and leave more tiles in the box unused when done... it will not re-join as easily as a 10cm pattern.

The overlapping section could be made longer...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCPTransNew.jpg (50.6 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Draconious; 2006.06.01 at 01:41 AM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.01, 02:51 AM   #81
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
Is there another addition to the tracks you would be interested in?
If anything else, a track fence. I was running my Monsters on mine, they go good on it. Even with the taller rails they seem to like jumping it. I was thinking of something that attaches to the outside of the track to help hold them in. It can also serve to keep small dogs from running out onto the track chasing the cars.
Old 2006.06.01, 11:25 AM   #82
Draconious

To further describe my concept... another render, had to make the other peices .

My system would now have the same 10cm adaptation ability with out needing more than about 2 of each of the left and right adapters... then it would also have a nice smooth 3 wide to 2 wide section for the 96 track that could be used with or with out the wide track. This way most of the tile surface can be used weather there are wide tracks used or not... although the 50cm long tiles could be used on a wide track as a squeeze section similar to slot car tracks.

These 3 to 2 wide sections use a standard mini tile wall, and a new red corner, used 4 times.. so only 2 new walls pieces to stock. The track tiles however require 4 or possibly 6 new tiles, depending on how nessessary the whole is on the one that is almost a hole tile, with just a piece of the corner missing... wich could just be a blank tile instead.

This also opens up some almost 45 degree type track concepts for the mini96... with some little zig zags etc... more use for the tiles that otherwise might just sit in the storage box...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCPTransNew2.jpg (37.6 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Draconious; 2006.06.01 at 11:28 AM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.01, 11:38 AM   #83
Draconious

My Trans Concept mixed with my 45 concept...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCPTrans45.jpg (21.0 KB, 54 views)