Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2021.02.25, 06:53 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Team Alpia Racing Dummy Chassis

Team Alpia Racing Dummy V1

Stumbled across this little gem on FB. Anyone with a decent Autoscale collection has always searched and high and low for a good substitute for the stock dummy chassis. This one caught my eye for a couple reasons. It's adjustable wheelbase just like the stock. It includes a stock case adapter to mount to the case base. it doesn't rely on shafts which is nice.

It would also appear that you can change out narrow or wide front end? Not sure what the screw for the back is unless you can also replace the body clips or adjust the width for those very narrow bodies.

It helps that this is also very affordable at about $12 USD. I'm ordering one to see how it stacks up.

arch2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021.03.22, 06:12 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
TAR Team Alpia Racing; Presentation Dummy V1 R10-3
As anyone with an excess of Autoscales knows, there is a deficit in the means/methods to properly display Autoscales that have long since lost their Kyosho dummy chassis, or maybe never even had one. As soon as I saw this kit from TAR - Team Alpia Racing
I jump on it right away. I've seen offerings on Thingiverse and Shapeways but alas, I don't have a personal printer, nor do I care for the high pricing carried by Shapeways. Beyond price point however, nothing else on the market that I've seen has the adjust-ability built into this dummy chassis. other than caster/camber, it has it all.
-Wheelbase (86-106mm)
-side clip height(10mm)
-front axle height (5mm)
-front axle placement front to back (5mm)
-nose clip attachment plate (able to be shimmed)

A nice touch was adding guide lines on the bottom for 86-106mm wheelbase.
Astonishing really as you get noting but wheelbase in a traditional dummy chassis. What I don't see or fully grasp yet is track width. It comes with two (2mm) bushings per wheel and a standard axle hub (8mm). You can start to add or subtract bushings as needed and I Installed only one bushing on each rear wheel (+3W) for my 2010 Audi R8 track car. I get it's handy to have universal axle hubs and shim with bushings.

For the cost, I paid about $12 USD plus shipping, you simply cannot find a comparable product. Other static 3d printed dummy chassis cost way more on other sites. As for quality, you can clearly tell it's 3d printed and obvious stepping and or lack of layer adhesion in some sloped or rounded shapes but it's $12. Let that sink in, $12 (your conversion rate may vary). How They get all the captured nuts into the parts is beyond me and honestly, wouldn't want that job but it works and works well. I don't know how they make money on this (or not loose money) but it's a fantastic deal for the consumer.

The bonus item, the Autoscale display case adapter is a welcome touch, one that will be appreciated by those that long since lost that seemingly nonsense part that gets cast aside just a tad slower than the tape holding the bottom and top shells together.

Recommendations: I truly appreciate the fact that the nose clip retention bar is also replaceable, because who hasn't stripped this before, however it really needs to be glued in place in order for it to stay attached. Nose clips are such a tight fit these days that just inserting the clip in putting the body on can dislodge the press-fit of the retention bar. I would also opt for hex head screws myself. flat head screws for axles can be an exercise in frustration for the fat finger variety �� The balance of adjustable screws are Philips, and not the cheap aluminum kind. Nice deep sockets that are easy to work. I may be looking for M2x20 hex head screws for the axles though.
I thought I wouldn't like that the axles don't roll but turns out that's a hand thing for cars sitting on my table/shelf. Keeps them from rolling around on me.

I bought two of these and no doubt will end up with more. It will now become my default platform for photographing my paint jobs as it gives me all the adjust-ability I could want.
arch2b is online now   Reply With Quote