Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.05.06, 09:52 AM   #1
dxm2

ICS USB Software Driver

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can download the hardware driver for the ICS USB adapter? My disk is shot and I need to install it on my new PC.

Thanks.
dxm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.06, 12:35 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxm2 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can download the hardware driver for the ICS USB adapter? My disk is shot and I need to install it on my new PC.

Thanks.
I have attached the driver directory. It is in 2 parts, so unzip and combine in the same directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KO_Driver1.zip (260.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: zip KO_Driver2.zip (343.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 2009.05.06, 05:50 PM   #3
dxm2

Hi Emu,

THANK YOU!
dxm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.06, 08:50 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Your welcome. Let me know if you need anything else from the CD.
Old 2011.07.13, 02:59 PM   #5
Guystill

Hi, has anyone got the ICS working on the latest windows? i cant get it to work
Guystill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.13, 04:19 PM   #6
thestug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guystill View Post
Hi, has anyone got the ICS working on the latest windows? i cant get it to work
I have been having problems getting it to work to. I use windows 7 64bit. I can't get it to work for the life of me.
Old 2011.07.13, 05:57 PM   #7
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Have you tried this http://www.kopropo.com/america/downl...ver_64_bit.zip ?

I've not tested it because I don't own an ICS device but I think it should work.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.14, 08:08 AM   #8
Guystill

Quote:
Originally Posted by zround View Post
Have you tried this http://www.kopropo.com/america/downl...ver_64_bit.zip ?

I've not tested it because I don't own an ICS device but I think it should work.
Hi, after some sorting out i managed to get it installed....thanks.....i havent got much time now to play but it seems to work...il update with more info as it happens
Old 2011.07.14, 10:00 AM   #9
thestug

Quote:
Hi, after some sorting out i managed to get it installed....thanks.....i havent got much time now to play but it seems to work...il update with more info as it happens
Sounds good. I just can't get the driver installed to get the Comm ports to work.
Old 2011.07.14, 07:57 PM   #10
Guystill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestug View Post
Sounds good. I just can't get the driver installed to get the Comm ports to work.
hi il try to help, what method did you use, i downloaded the file and made my computer find it via the "find driver on your computer" it took me 20mins to do it but it worked dispite windows saying it not installed but in the end it seems to work.....before the install the driver wasnt seen but the link download worked...i downloaded the file (as seen above) plugged in the ics usb. had to unzip the file. after the unzip/install i told the computer to search the folder and after 2 notices saying the driver is not installed it worked/installed...hope it helps...
by the way in Britain hes known as the Stig...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig, unless youre the new driver for Top Gear, the StuG i geuss beats the oppostion with a 75mm artillery gun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmgesch%C3%BCtz_III, not legal on most roads (well in europe (too much one way traffic during the 1940's)) and a bit heavy to mount on a mini z

Last edited by Guystill; 2011.07.14 at 08:36 PM.
Old 2011.07.14, 10:17 PM   #11
thestug

Quote:
hi il try to help, what method did you use, i downloaded the file and made my computer find it via the "find driver on your computer" it took me 20mins to do it but it worked dispite windows saying it not installed but in the end it seems to work.....before the install the driver wasnt seen but the link download worked...i downloaded the file (as seen above) plugged in the ics usb. had to unzip the file. after the unzip/install i told the computer to search the folder and after 2 notices saying the driver is not installed it worked/installed...hope it helps...
by the way in Britain hes known as the Stig...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig, unless youre the new driver for Top Gear, the StuG i geuss beats the oppostion with a 75mm artillery gun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmgesch%C3%BCtz_III, not legal on most roads (well in europe (too much one way traffic during the 1940's)) and a bit heavy to mount on a mini z
This sounds about like what I did to try to install it. I will try this again.

The Stug is actually just a nickname. It is derived from The Stig by my friends because I usually drive too fast and everyone calls me "Stu". So i guess the The Stug is actually a nickname of a nickname because my real first name is Sturling.

Thanks for trying to help me. I'm not that good with computers, so most people have given up on me and my ICS.
Old 2011.07.21, 03:05 PM   #12
thestug

Angry

Quote:
Ok, I tried this.

http://www.kopropo.com/america/downl...ver_64_bit.zip

I unzipped and updated tried to update the driver using the link above. It told the the update failed so I tried it again. It said that the driver was already upto date. Now when I try to use any ICS software it just won't find ports. This is really getting annoying. How do I get the software to let me select which port to use, because right now it either give me a warnign about the ports or there are no ports in the drop down port selector.
Old 2011.07.21, 03:24 PM   #13
thestug

Ok, I got it to work. 2months later. Someone shuld really write a tutorial on how to install the ICS on windows 7 and vista, because kyosho doesn't officially support it. I don't know how I got it to work, but it works now.
Old 2014.05.07, 11:41 PM   #14
El Tigre

You probably don't want to relive this, but how did you get it to work? I installed the mr03ve ICS manager and set the correct Com port on it, and the driver is installed to the correct com port that has the USB adapter connector attached to it, but I get communication error message.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote