Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.06.18, 08:44 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
July 15, 2006 GTG (rescheduled)

ok, we have moved back this gtg to miss the 4th holiday weekend. this makes the gtg's back to back weekends for july unless we want to bump the schedule back which is just as easy to do as well.

we have 2 weeks to come up with track layouts for the dc series i have:
3 wide l's
1 wide turn kit (3) turns
1 45 deg kit

we can expand toward the couch to make larger tracks if need be and move the drivers stand to the steped up area. see attached floor plan for reference room size. this is a plan for my apartment btw

please post track layouts in the appropriate thread, http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22030
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dc gtg floor plan.pdf (43.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by arch2b; 2006.06.18 at 08:48 PM.
Old 2006.06.20, 08:49 PM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

It's shame you guys have to wait three whole weeks for the return of the Green Machine. That's right, it's back in action. There's a little something different under the hood though.

Now I just have to wait until the controller shows up

Last edited by Spoon; 2006.06.20 at 08:51 PM.
Old 2006.06.20, 10:13 PM   #3
arch2b

nice! hows she run? opps, forgot you have to wait for the helios i still have not gotten an email about my order being process even though i placed it last week

is the slant nose rx7 a really dark charcoal? just curious as to how hard it will be to see on the track.

Last edited by arch2b; 2006.06.20 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2006.06.20, 10:37 PM   #4
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
nice! hows she run? opps, forgot you have to wait for the helios :

Quote:
is the slant nose rx7 a really dark charcoal? just curious as to how hard it will be to see on the track.
It's pretty dark. I'll take a picture of it on RCP tomorrow so you can get an idea. Maybe it needs a light kit.
Old 2006.06.21, 08:06 AM   #5
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Here are some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX-7-1.JPG (64.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg RX-7-2.JPG (64.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg RX-7-3.JPG (59.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 2006.06.21, 08:26 AM   #6
arch2b

since it will be a drift car, i'll see what i can do about adding lights to it. does it have the fake led plugs in the front and or rear?
Old 2006.06.21, 09:11 AM   #7
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
since it will be a drift car, i'll see what i can do about adding lights to it. does it have the fake led plugs in the front and or rear?
It doesn't have mounts in the front or the rear. I had to post quickly before but I did want to say that it's not too bad. There's a little bit of silver sheen on the body. It's hard to say without putting it on a chassis and driving it at drift speed.
Old 2006.06.21, 09:26 AM   #8
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Damn, where did you find that? I used to own a gen II RX-7, and I love that color.

Arch: I doubt you'll really have much trouble following it while drifting (it's not as fast a pace as a normal race). I wasn't having any trouble when I ran the black enzo body, though there was the issue of others not seeing it (and plowing into me), but I was much more of a roadblock at that point. It just takes less effort with the lighter colors...

Off topic: does anyone have a spare overland diff lock plate laying around? I hate to order a new diff from HK just to get that little piece of plastic.
Old 2006.06.21, 09:41 AM   #9
arch2b

yes, i should have extra diff lock plates.

i still want to find and buy the initial d fc rx7 but it's harder to find in autoscale form. the fc comes in ony 3 colors; red, mettalic grey and white (initial d). i would have preferred red but it wasn't an option.

i've seen mods for adding light to the fc so as long as i can get some tinker time it should not be too difficult to add a full light kit to the fc. i already have a 'smart' light kit with headlights, fog lights and working reverse/break lights sitting in a box for the last 2 years.
Old 2006.06.21, 10:14 PM   #10
arch2b

just finished setting up our only offical hfay loaner car. since i wasn't getting any bites on the mr-01 chassis i slapped and old 01 body on it and it will remain bone stock excpet for tires for anyone who doesn't have or forgot thier hfay car.

Last edited by arch2b; 2006.06.21 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2006.06.22, 10:28 AM   #11
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I just have a quick question on all of the DC racing that we are going to be doing. We have....

HFAY (two tracks in one day)
DC Open Series
DC Body/Motor Spec (Short Series)
Formula 1

Do you guys think it's possible to run the HFAY and F1 on the same day? Then maybe run the Open and Body spec on another day with the bigger layouts. At most this would give you two cars that you had to tune each day. I would like to use the F1's on the bigger layouts but that could mean messing with 3 cars in one day of racing.

or maybe we could combine the HFAY and body spec in one day (for the short courses) and do F1 / DC Open for the large courses.

Any thoughts?
Old 2006.06.22, 04:51 PM   #12
arch2b

i'm up for whatever you guys would enjoy the most. i do think the hfay has to be done in one day inorder to fully enjoy the larger track layouts and not waste time changing the track.

the only issue i see with more than one event on one day is that doing the hfay means 1/2 quals/mains for clockwise then 1/2 quals/mains for counterclockwise. that in itself could be a full day given the teching, wrenching and chit chat or it could be done in about an hour if we were seriously regimented with time. that would leave an hour for another race and the rest for fun given we are averaging 1-6pm.
Old 2006.06.22, 05:01 PM   #13
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
i'm up for whatever you guys would enjoy the most. i do think the hfay has to be done in one day inorder to fully enjoy the larger track layouts and not waste time changing the track.

the only issue i see with more than one event on one day is that doing the hfay means 1/2 quals/mains for clockwise then 1/2 quals/mains for counterclockwise. that in itself could be a full day given the teching, wrenching and chit chat or it could be done in about an hour if we were seriously regimented with time. that would leave an hour for another race and the rest for fun given we are averaging 1-6pm.

We could run it like ByeBye does and have a 50 lap Time trial be the way to break it into heats. Then maybe we can run one practice heat (call it a "qualifier") that's shorter (6 minutes) then run the actual heats.

Your TT qual splits the groups for both directions.
Old 2006.06.23, 11:47 AM   #14
NismoRocks

Send a message via AIM to NismoRocks
hey dc guys
good news, i might be able to come but what time would you like for me to arrive at guessing middle of the day or before noon?
but i have another question, where do you guys pick up your mini-z "gear". i have looked all over kyosho america's website but i haveyet to find a hobby shop that stocks mini-z stuff other than stampy and i looked up all the shop names on google but most seemed to be big nitro shops and all they sell are revos and t-maxxs(big surprise there)but um any info is great i guess you all just internet order.

thanks
mini lst: never working

http://mini-zracer com/mini-zgallery...00&ppuser=7456
Old 2006.06.23, 12:30 PM   #15
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoRocks
hey dc guys
good news, i might be able to come but what time would you like for me to arrive at guessing middle of the day or before noon?
but i have another question, where do you guys pick up your mini-z "gear". i have looked all over kyosho america's website but i haveyet to find a hobby shop that stocks mini-z stuff other than stampy and i looked up all the shop names on google but most seemed to be big nitro shops and all they sell are revos and t-maxxs(big surprise there)but um any info is great i guess you all just internet order.

thanks
We are there pretty much from 12 till 7 or 8. With most of the action happening between 2 and 6.

I think most of us get our stuff online. I get some of my stuff from Stampy but he doesn't stock any new items.
Closed Thread