Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2004.04.12, 12:28 PM   #1
demick1

Update on Hobbytown S.C.-> Fremont move?

Hey Chris

How about an update on the move from San Carlos to Fremont. Move was planned to be complete by the 18th. Is that still the case? Will there be one last race at San Carlos or will the next race take place at the new location?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Demick

Last edited by demick1; 2004.04.12 at 02:50 PM.
demick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.12, 02:15 PM   #2
bw762

Yup,

we sure would like to know...
bw762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.12, 05:21 PM   #3
fraz

Yeah, enquiring minds want to know!

I have a new "stock" car I want to test out. Beware of the yellow Beetle cause it's pretty quick on my carpet track at home:>

BTW Robert and Demick in case you hadn't heard, I won MR-01 Open down south and got 2nd in F1. Big shouts out to Maurice for helping me to get my F1 squared away better.
Old 2004.04.12, 05:35 PM   #4
demick1

Congrats! I guess you got your MR-01 Vette handling better too as the last time you raced it at H.T. was the worst I've ever seen you drive.

Makes me want to come down to RCX for the last chance qualifier.

Demick
Old 2004.04.12, 06:21 PM   #5
fraz

> Congrats! I guess you got your MR-01 Vette handling better too as
> the last time you raced it at H.T. was the worst I've ever seen you
> drive.

Gee thanks Actually, the car was fast and I got it working fair but I was fighting a tweak and a traction roll like nobody's business. I was fast but I wasn't even on the gas most of the time. I had to baby it around the track to avoid the dreaded traction roll. I was lifting way early and not able to drive it in deep and that was even with harder tires. I learned a few new things about tires and setup so the trip was worthwhile and the guys down there were all really nice.

If I had my car working a little better I certainly could have checked out. But you know how it goes, woulda, coulda, shoulda... There were 2 things attributing to the tweak. One was a locator pin for the little triangle had snapped so I had involuntary rear steer which is no fun. Then I discovered the second thing when I tried to fix it in the hotel room and had discovered I went a little CA-happy when I tried to fix a screw hole last year sometime. When I got it all apart, there was some CA buildup that I had to carefully Dremel but never got it quite perfect. I am pretty convinced I never got the h-bar to sit flat so I still had some tweak present. Sure I could have fixed the problem easy in the hotel but I left the one thing at home I needed... my new chassis Nevertheless, I have since fixed it all and I should be ready for the nats.

I would like to come up and test it out sometime before then and also my new stock Beetle I built. Surprisingly enough, that little pure stock Beetle with the 92mm wheelbase actually handles really well. Now I need to try it on the RCP track. I will talk to Chris tonight and see what's up.

> Makes me want to come down to RCX for the last chance qualifier.

You really should, it'll be a blast. If you think we've run some fast laps, wait until you throw down with Bill Crotty and Philip Ng those guys are quite fast and smooth. Maybe we'll have to CA them to the table to slow them down a bit.[bwahaha]

I have heard that Kyosho is going to be taking people who have not yet qualified into the nats from the LCQ. Meaning if the top 6 in the A have already qualified, it goes to the next elligible 6 in the B and so on. I have not heard this confirmed from Alex' mouth yet but it would be the best way to handle things IMO. If you are going to do it, I ould do so soon since there are only 50 spots open and we have no idea how full it is.
Old 2004.04.12, 06:51 PM   #6
fraz

***UPDATE FROM CHRIS***

Hobbytown, USA San Carlos will be closed as of this coming Sunday. That means the final race at the San Carlos location is going to be this Friday night 4-16-04. Racing starts promptly at 8:00pm so we can get it all in before the kids go to sleep

The cost is $5 per class for the first two classes. Additional classes are free. The fees are for everyone and there will be PRIZES. So far it's looking like 1st place gets a body (don't know if it's an Autoscale) and 2nd and 3rd take home parts (which we always need).

Let's try to stay off the funnies this time too folks because we know it causes problems. At the regional in Palmdale there were plenty of people who had trouble due to funnies.

I look forward to racing with all of you this Friday!!!
Old 2004.04.12, 09:24 PM   #7
bw762

Congrats Fraz!

Great to hear you did so well despite the technical problems with the "CA". Hehe a little goes a long way.

See you guys on Friday!
bw762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.13, 04:01 PM   #8
fraz

I think I learned my lesson (famous last words). I usually use thick CA and at the time, somebody handed me thin and it just went everywhere
Old 2004.04.15, 11:28 PM   #9
Mike_H

It looks as it I am going to make it tomarrow night! I got some new tires to try out, and a back up shock stay just in case.

Is anyone going to RCX?
HPI RS4 3 typeSS
HPI Super Nitro Rally
Mike_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.16, 10:21 AM   #10
demick1

Hey Mike - I'll see you there tonight.

Last night I did a FET stack and put an S03 motor into my Monster. Also added some GPM radials. It is really fast and can easily pop wheelies from a standstill (hmm, I have a funny feeling I'm going to break something tonight). The new tires actually chirp and squeal on hardwood floors. Kind of cool.

Demick
Old 2004.04.16, 07:17 PM   #11
Mike_H

Oh man I got to see that

It is time to pack up the tool box and kiss the kids good bye. See you guys in a few hours.
HPI RS4 3 typeSS
HPI Super Nitro Rally
Mike_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.29, 02:23 AM   #12
BLiND
None better.

whats up guys, any racing tomorrow nite?

HTUSA in SC closed!! damn, thats horrible.

I think I'll be free finally this friday, fraz I haven't forgotten.

just let me know where to go, freemont isn't too far, just over the 92 bridge...

keep in mind I'm new the area so I'll need a street address or damn good directions
BLiND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.29, 09:54 AM   #13
demick1

Fremont store isn't open yet. I don't know what the status is. Could be weeks, could be months, who knows?

I'll stop by H.T. Newark and try and get an update one of these days.

Maybe someone who knows the status will chime in here....

Demick
Old 2004.04.30, 05:20 PM   #14
fraz

I know they are still "negotiating" so it is a matter of "when" more than anything. I get the feeling that Chris is intentionally keeping some details quiet and I would do the same. Until everything is done and signed, there is no use talking about it.

In the mean time, I am likely going to buy some track and may be interested in travelling with it if people have free garage or floor space. Then we could set up impromptu races whenever we feel the need.
Old 2004.04.30, 05:22 PM   #15
BLiND
None better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
I know they are still "negotiating" so it is a matter of "when" more than anything. I get the feeling that Chris is intentionally keeping some details quiet and I would do the same. Until everything is done and signed, there is no use talking about it.

In the mean time, I am likely going to buy some track and may be interested in travelling with it if people have free garage or floor space. Then we could set up impromptu races whenever we feel the need.

hey fraz, when are you going to be doing some racing in santa cruz again (mini-t's?)

I'd love to come by and check it out, plus I have some stuff I owe you...
BLiND is offline   Reply With Quote