Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.05.16, 04:27 PM   #1
Sinister_Y

Contact Phone Number for PN Racing's Philip

Hi,

Does anybody know the contact phone number for Philip of PN Racing?

I wanted my club to hold the Toronto PN World Cup Qualifier for Canada. I think it would be a great opporuntity for both parties.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.16, 05:02 PM   #2
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
bennet knows his number. hes from action rc
MINIz guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.16, 06:36 PM   #3
ARN

Philip Ng

Kenon Hobby, Kenon Inc

135 E. Santa Clara Street, Suite D, Arcadia, CA91006, USA.

philip@rckenon.com www.rckenon.com

e-mail him with your requests.
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.16, 07:30 PM   #4
Sinister_Y

Thanks Guys,

I dug up an email I had sent to Philip previously asking about PN's adjustable ball diff...and his response had his phone number.
Old 2006.05.17, 10:13 AM   #5
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Where is your club in Toronto? I'm from NY and can possibly stop by for a PN race day during my vacation. I believe Philip will be happy to host a race in your track.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.17, 12:05 PM   #6
Sinister_Y

Hi,

I've already talked to Bennett (from NYC) last night after speaking with Philip. It looks like the club will most likely be holding (one of?) the Cdn. Regional PN World Cup races. I've yet to get all the stuff out to Bennett that he's requested, but we've got RCP tracks and a CORE timing system. So, we're good to go from that perspective. Mini-z has been really funny here in that is was so popular and then died off when all the permanent facilities died (last year). So, that is where my club comes in. We're portable, align ourselves with every hobby shop that carries and supports mini-cars, such as Mini-z and we run outside in the summertime (at various local hobby shop's parking lots). I've tried to analyze where shops went wrong and improve on their ideas. I think this club will work great, but may take a while to create critical mass... Somebody's got to do this thing and somebody's got to bring the new breed of R/C people in. That' the other thing that's different about the club. I psycho with the upgrades and competition factor, like most people on this board. Not everyone is like this and has been in R/C. So, to recuit new blood, both young (families) and old (new R/C people), we run 2 tracks; one an advanced or topgun track where people like me can race competitively and another which I've called the junior track where newbies can practice in a comfortable environment. I find most shops lost people when they put them in racers with fast and experienced guys. They felt like crap, like they sucked, so they either went and built tracks in their basement for themselves, played with just their small circle of friends, or make a shelf queen of their previously prized and excitable mini-z car.

On another note, I would like for you to come race/practice with us. I've seen your posts before and can assume you're an experienced driver. We've got some great drivers in Toronto like Peter Chan, James Mak etc... (and I'm pretty good too!). Regarding where we are, again, we're portable and run races outdoors now in conjunction with local hobby shops. Right now the schedule is May 27th (1st meet) at Boytoys Hobby (Mississauga) and the other official date is June 17th at A&J hobbies. There are many other hobby shops that are going to participate and support the club, however, they're really booked for nitro and electric 1/10 events right now and we need to work together to nail down some dates. We also have another hobby shop, TorontoZees that supports the club by access to an indoor venue if we need it. That is probably where I'm thinking where we'll hold the PN race. It is located in downtown Toronto (dupont and bathurst area).

Anyway, give me a shout:

cell: 647-519-8074
or email me: Sinister_Y@sympatico.ca

and we can work out details. NYC is only about a 7-8 hour drive from T.O....plus you can now bring some duty free items home to NYC.
Old 2006.05.17, 12:18 PM   #7
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Good, I have relatives in Missasauga so that's relatively convenient.

Bennett is a good friend of mine as well as an enemy on the track.

We have about 10 local fast guys here who are always looking for competition. Some of them have been in PN finals, making the A-main every time.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.17, 12:37 PM   #8
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Hey Shawn,

Thanks for mentioning my name with other fast drivers, Although I don't belong in that group yet. You can count on me and Edwin participating in your event in the future, specially the PN event. I don't have any Mini-Z at the moment but will soon purchase an AWD again to run as Mini-Z is still the most fun to run and race for me.

Good luck,

Peter