Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.02, 11:35 AM   #1
nitrodamuz

FET 2x3 or 2x2?

Hi. i'm new to MZM. i'm planning to make my MZM faster. beside changing stock motor to Xspeed, is it necessary to change stack FET? which one is better to make trucks faster 2x3 or 3x3? whats differents?
any suggestion?

i also dont understand which pinion gear is make beter acceleration, 12T or fewer?
Thanx in advance.
Old 2006.01.02, 11:46 AM   #2
lilskipro587
Wants a TTTT

i dont know about needing fets for a xspeed. but a 2x3 stack is 3 fets on top of eachother in two rows. but a 3x3 is not possible seeing there are only two places where the fet can be soldered too
lilskipro587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.02, 12:08 PM   #3
nitrodamuz

do u think it necessary change the FET to increase more speed for monster? coz i read the post thread, they always mention FET to increase torque but never mention about gain speed.
how about the pinion gear, which one increase acceleration? fewer or more teeth?
thanks for the quick reply.

Last edited by nitrodamuz; 2006.01.02 at 12:11 PM.
Old 2006.01.02, 07:40 PM   #4
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Fewer teeth= more acceleration, but less top speed.
More teeth= slower acceleration, but higher top speed.
I like to stick with the 9t or 10t for most indoor running, as the 11t and 12t allow higher speeds and it is harder to slow down.
Just be sure to use the right motor plates for the gears, should be in the manual. If you don't have a manual you can follow a link in the members section to download one as a PDF.
Old 2006.01.07, 12:13 PM   #5
nitrodamuz

Thanx. i will try to install the 10T pinion coz mostly i drive my monster indoor.
Old 2006.01.07, 03:53 PM   #6
james399

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodamuz
Thanx. i will try to install the 10T pinion coz mostly i drive my monster indoor.
im not sure about this, but i think mzm comes with an xspeed??

for your monster if you run a 3x2 fet stack on an xspeed,
it will barely do anything....

stack your FETs if you want to run a hotter motor,

i run a pn motor, on a 10t pinion, and im doing pulleys from a stand still...to be honest, its a little too much... lol....
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.08, 10:58 PM   #7
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilskipro587
i dont know about needing fets for a xspeed. but a 2x3 stack is 3 fets on top of eachother in two rows. but a 3x3 is not possible seeing there are only two places where the fet can be soldered too
2x3 refers to 3 fets on forward 2 fets on revesrse
3x3 refers to 3 fets on forward 3 fets on revesrse
my mod MR02 car has 4x4 stack....
You see the picture.
Old 2006.01.09, 03:26 AM   #8
herman

Quote:
for your monster if you run a 3x2 fet stack on an xspeed,it will barely do anything....
hmm... on an mr01 or mr02 though i would beg to disagree... it will go faster a bit compared to stock fets... but i haven't tried to stack fets in a mzm though... so i really can't say... but one thing for sure is that the mzm (mr01, mr02, f-1 etc...)will profit most by using modified motors with stacked fets...

Quote:
2x3 refers to 3 fets on forward 2 fets on revesrse
3x3 refers to 3 fets on forward 3 fets on revesrse
my mod MR02 car has 4x4 stack....
it's 2x2, 3x2, 4x2.... usually you would 'stack' the same number of fets to replace the stock fets... (don't really know why one would have an unequal stack of fets - if its a secret, let me in on it... )... there are two 3004 fets that control the speed function, and another two 3004 fets control the steering function...

you want to remove the two stock fets and replace them with 'stacked' fets...
the first number refers to how many fets are in the stack... the second number pertains to... well there are only two 3004 fets that control the speed function which need to be replaced so it's always a 2... therefore... 2x2, 3x2, 4x2...

====
from what i've read there are no forward or reverse fets... basically, they work like gates which opens and closes to let the current to go through... stacking the fets, opens the gates faster, which in turn lets the current go through faster... can anybody with an electronics background verify? thanks...

Last edited by herman; 2006.01.09 at 03:37 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 03:33 AM   #9
herman

nitrodamuz...

how's the mini-z scene in indonesia? any tracks around? anybody running mr02? f-1's?

sorry to be off topic...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.11, 08:43 PM   #10
james399

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman
hmm... on an mr01 or mr02 though i would beg to disagree... it will go faster a bit compared to stock fets... but i haven't tried to stack fets in a mzm though... so i really can't say... but one thing for sure is that the mzm (mr01, mr02, f-1 etc...)will profit most by using modified motors with stacked fets...

don't forget the OL, with an fet stack and an xspeed, it both improves power and speed...

but my friend put in a stacked 3x2 FET pcb in his mzm and it seemed to be comprobable to stock.... didn't do anything exciting... so we thought it wasn't working, so we threw in my pn speedy motor to test it out... and bam, instant power, pulling wheelies from a stand still...

-james
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote