Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.03.14, 10:23 PM   #31
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i have the eurus and have missed this drag break setting. what is it labeled as. its not something i normally play with but would like to see if it could come in handy
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 06:08 AM   #32
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Guys the EX-1 KIY is a 4 channel system. There is 2-way, 3-way, 5-way, analog, 4WS mix, AMP mix and throttle mix for the 3rd and 4th channel. These would never be used for mini-z. This is what I was getting at.

They are working on a main unit that will be tailored to the mini-z and functions that can be used with it.

EMU- Drag Brake has been available on the EX-10 Eurus. Graphs are displayed on the EX-1 KIY and there is a PC interface to download/upload your settings.
Now if you just had something that is left hand compatible.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 07:38 AM   #33
Chicken Little
El Pollo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Now if you just had something that is left hand compatible.
The KIY is left handed compatible

A bunch of plastic toy RC cars
A bunch of batteries
A bunch of motors
A bunch of tires
A bunch of tools
BB Tuning (stage 2)

Team S.O.L. Racing (now accepting applications)
Requirements: dismal qualifier performance, low main position, 1 POS mini-z.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 02:42 PM   #34
KO PROPO Staff

The drag brake is called nut brake for neutral brake.

Left handed grip unit will be available in July.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.27, 06:49 PM   #35
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Guys, 80% of the functions in the EX-1 KIY would not be used for mini-Z and seemed a waste. They are working on a "dumbed" down version for the mini-z.

As for feeling like we have not focused on the mini-z you are correct. We have to look at the grand total in units sold and the mini-z market is big, but not as big as the 1/10 & 1/8 market and that is where we had to focus first.

Please be patient and the result will be worth the wait.
Why, oh why do manufacturers refuse to create an updated module spec? The main unit really should not have included the transmitter deck. I understand you like it when we buy a whole new radio, but I hope you understand that we like *not* doing that and being able to use one radio for every RC we own. It seems counter to your "build your perfect radio" concept of the KIY too (which I love otherwise).

Can you say if [internally] there is a digital signal we could intercept? I know the futaba 4pk has an internal serial data stream that can be used
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.28, 03:04 AM   #36
Bodom

I cannot understand why there is a separate radio system for Mini-Zs in the first place
I understand that every radio manufacturer has it's own standard for 2.4GHz systems and they claim their system is fastest and most advanced.
But why Ko Propo makes two standards for 2.4GHz itslef

Second - why the Mini-Z Motorbike doesn't come with ASF system? (oops, this might be actually a question for Kyosho itself)
And now for the K.I.Y. - W.T.F. ? Kill yourself with a hammer ?
Super high-end expensive missile launcher that has to change the main unit to control different type of missiles
To me its a brilliant idea but born lame.

Last edited by Bodom; 2012.03.28 at 03:06 AM.
Bodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.28, 03:36 PM   #37
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
I cannot understand why there is a separate radio system for Mini-Zs in the first place
I understand that every radio manufacturer has it's own standard for 2.4GHz systems and they claim their system is fastest and most advanced.
But why Ko Propo makes two standards for 2.4GHz itslef

Second - why the Mini-Z Motorbike doesn't come with ASF system? (oops, this might be actually a question for Kyosho itself)
And now for the K.I.Y. - W.T.F. ? Kill yourself with a hammer ?
Super high-end expensive missile launcher that has to change the main unit to control different type of missiles
To me its a brilliant idea but born lame.
They get faster response for cheaper. As KO pointed out, mini-z only needs 2 channels, so sending 4 channels in a generic (1/10 capable) transmitter is taking up valuable framerate time for mini-z. Enter tiki-tiki and you have a third channel, but I'd bet they kept it to 1 bit digitally to keep the speed up. Enter the moto, they need that 3rd channel to be proportional and thus the new radio format.

This is speculation though
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.17, 11:56 AM   #38
d1nzfe

And the ASF 2.4ghz module is official...
d1nzfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.17, 12:09 PM   #39
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
worth noting...

Quote:
Repair Policy
All EX-1 KIY systems will have a serial number for each region that it is sold in. This will be used to know where the system was purchased. So if you need any service the Tx will have to be sent back to the region from where it was originally purchased.
All repair service must be sent to the region where it was originally purchased.
KO Japan will only accept international repairs from the regional distributor.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.09, 11:39 AM   #40
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Has anybody tried this radio with the mini z module yet? Just notice some places have it in stock.
Old 2012.08.09, 11:57 AM   #41
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

I would like to but I have been hearing a lot of bad stuff about it being to top heavy. And at 500 bucks it's a big gamble.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.09, 01:00 PM   #42
josyskunk

I have ordered one from Japan and have been using for a week now.
The followings are my personal opinion and I am not trying to affect the sale of otherwise really nice radio
Yes, it is top heavy and especially noticeable when my last radio was a 4PKs with Li fe battery.
Then I "upgraded" with the balance weight at the bottom, replaced the 3D drop down with the standard steering unit. (The 3D drop down is rather nice but it is just too heavy and make the already top heavy radio really off-balance.) The balance is "OK" now. However the weight still on the high side still need some getting used.
KO suppose to release Li Fe/Lipo battery soon but I dont think it will help the balance because the battery sits inside the handle which is the lower part of the radio.
Also the larger hand grip is A MUST. The original is way too small even for my small hand.

On the good side, the response time is crazily fast and I have to tune to 60% steering speed to get the same feel as my 4PKs (does that mean it is 40% faster than the 4PKs which is 901sm module )
Also, the steering and throttle are more linear and seemed to have higher resolution.( all personal feel without any scientific evidence)

Overall I am happy with the radio but expected more since previous EX1 had really good balance
p.s.anyone interested in a brand new (only used for 20mins) 3D drop unit, pm me

Last edited by josyskunk; 2012.08.09 at 01:25 PM.
josyskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.09, 10:03 PM   #43
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
been doing testing with this radio and all i can say is WOW!!
I am a MARS driver... haven't found a any radio that suits my driving style like the KoPropo Mars
TILL NOW!!... the kiy is a few oz heaver than my mars but the adjustability and response of it makes me faster and more consistent than i can be with the mars... the size and the weight will take a little getting used to but for me it os a great trade off!

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.16, 05:05 PM   #44
ub0211042

Hi guys,

I bought the KIY from Japan few days back, and i've encountered some BIG problem. My car runs by itself...at first i taught it was my car problem. It wasn't, its the KIY.

In the monitor view, u can actually see what each channel are doing and in my case...the TH bar flickers left and right without me holding the TH trigger.

I've tried factory reset, adjust TH, adjust trim...i works only for a while and the problem will happen again. I tried swap with my friend's Hand unit and it works flawlessly.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nLZScXfpI
Mini-Z MR-03
FX-101 Dnano 360 Modena
ub0211042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.08.16, 05:19 PM   #45
KO PROPO Staff

If you have performed the Adjust TH (enter the function, pull full throttle, push full brake, back to neutral) and press and hold the enter button. Compete will be shown and you will be taken back to the System Menu.

If you have done this correctly and still have problems, then the throttle pot might be damaged and you should send it back to where you purchased it to get fixed or replaced.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote