Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.11.19, 09:02 PM   #46
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

i highly recommend the pn front cover,its seems smoother on the shocks than my other atm one

another point to look for is the pin that runs through the servo saver gets loose over time in the little groove behind the saver(in the chassis)
the grey/blue chassis kit lasts longer just there.
this will also cause enough slop to affect the steering back to straight
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.25, 11:21 PM   #47
ruf
4play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf
Yah the PN blocks I currently use jack the rear pod up toward the back.
Went back and removed the PN blocks and the angle was still there, so it's not an issue with the PN 98mm extension.

Turns out it was a bent Kyosho plastic lower bulkhead. Swapped it for a new one and there is still a slight angle, but better than before. Something to keep an eye on.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube

Last edited by ruf; 2007.11.25 at 11:35 PM.
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.26, 10:21 PM   #48
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

damn i just made an order from kenon too lol,ill get em next month
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.27, 02:39 AM   #49
ruf
4play

Sorry dude. Kenon is good people. Order again!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.04, 04:54 PM   #50
RobinZ

Steering problem solved

My steering had problems, steering to the right was going slower than to the left, and steering did not center either. Clearly something was causing some friction.

After carefull examination of all steering parts I found that the stock servo gears teeth rub the teeth of the other gear; the teeth of the gear where the servo arm is attached too rubs against the (middle) 2nd gear, and!! it rubs the housing just nearby the small gear of the second gear. What helped was sanding the edges of the teeth of both gears where they rub and cutting just a bit from the housing.

The steering now is smoother than when the 010 came brand new out of the box.

HNY,
Robin

My Gallery
RobinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 04:21 AM   #51
herman

well experienced the same thing... and converted my awd into a drifter as well...
tried cleaning it out... checked the servo gears, and since i already opened up the thing, i decided to give mk2kompressor's suggestion a try... so i used my dremel to lightly smoothen out the insides of the chassis... and put them together to see if there was any binding...

didn't see or feel anything, so i re-assembled the whole thing...

glad to report that it isn't as severe as it was... i think it's centering fine now... probably just a minute variation off center... but it was definitely better than before...

thanks for the solution...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.26, 10:07 PM   #52
MJB

I recently bought two of 2.4Ghz AWD for my two boys who had grown out of Toys R Us cars. Quite time has been past since you guys found the steering problem and raised your voice to fix it, so I really doubt they didn't know about it. Yet, both cars still have the exactly same problem. Now I've got a serious issue with Kyosho.

1. Kyosho either did not even bother to test their product before start selling or thought of customers bunch of total idiots who wouldn't notice any inherent design fault.

2. Kysho has not bother to revise its design error. Even if I was someone unlucky to get older versions with the problem, there should have been replacement parts with the problem fixed.

No revision. No replacement. No clear instruction to fix from the maker. No apology.

Is Kyosho the villain or are we the idiots keep falling for?
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 02:05 AM   #53
CristianTabush

It is nothing like this. The problem lies within the servo saver. Some of them become warped due to the spring exerting force on the saver. Replace the servo saver ($7.00 part) and you should be good to go. I think it varies car to car based on who assembled it, how it traveled and how it was stored.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.30, 01:57 AM   #54
herman

hmmm.... servo saver....
Old 2012.12.14, 03:34 AM   #55
herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
finally got some pics

first off you need a dremel with one of these on the end

before and after shots

next take a cotton wool ear bud thing and put it in the dremel,add a small bit of toothpaste to it and let it spin(slowly)in the 3rd servo gear to pot hole,give it a little polish

i also use a delrin 3rd servo gear by 3racing

the two smaller ones are poo though,very rough on the flat sides and the stockers mesh a little better
hmm... recently got some time on my hands and did the above in the hope of making my awd go straight.... it slightly improved but its still there... and still veers off to one side... if you trim it to go straight for the side that it initially favors, it will switch to the other side...

what to do? only thing i can think of is change out the pot and or servo saver as suggested....
Old 2014.06.30, 03:49 PM   #56
mansehajsingh

Heyy !
i need some help with my mini z awd ma 020 chasis . I just changed the motor to kyosho x speed and my car stops after a 4-5 minute run on its own . Like suddenly stops as if the battery dies . if i switch it off or leave it for a while and try to drive again , it drives perfectly but stops again if i drive it fast enough after a while . Please can you help me out on how to fix this ?

Is it something to do with the fet ? Because when i use a lower gear ratio for higher speed , my car stops even faster having driven for like 2 minutes.
I am pretty much a noob and new to the mini z world so i need some guidance .
mansehajsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.30, 04:31 PM   #57
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

If the motor you installed has the little square yellow circuit breaker attached at the solder point you should remove it. However you may be trying to pull too high a gear ratio to attain speed. If this is the case keep the breaker and install a gear more appropriate for the surface and area you are running in.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote