Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.16, 09:23 PM   #61
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
You can use the MM t-plates with the P934 since it uses 86mm wheelbase. Any 86 or 90mm RM car with the standard length RM pod can use the MM t-plates. You can use the MM on the 90mm Atomic RM pod when set to 86mm.

Damper plates are the same for 015 to 02.
Old 2008.10.16, 09:40 PM   #62
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Okay thank you. Forgetting color's, will these three parts work together AND work with my 934?

Alu. 90mm WB Motor Pod (For DPS)

Adjust. Rear Shock Set (for MR-02/015)

Titanium DPS Kit for 94mm WB (MM Type)

The only other DPS kit they had was for 98 which sounds too long for 934?

Now back to colors, do you think the blue alloy will clash with the red car?

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.16 at 10:18 PM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.17, 09:25 AM   #63
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

This is how my shopping cart look's now. I deleted the extra wheels as I really don't need'em. I changed the motor mount type slightly and picked up a DSP of some sort. I just hope it'll all work together and work for my 934.

Delrin Front Collar Set
USD $2.60 USD $5.20
Alu. Steering Knuckle II -- (1*)
USD $15.80 USD $15.80
Double Side Stick Tape for Mini-Z Rims
USD $1.30 USD $2.60
Front Collar Spacer Set for MR-02
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
Alloy Tie Rod (0*) for MR-015
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
Alloy Tie Rod (+1*) for MR-015
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
A.W. Groove Tyre - 30 Degree (Narrow)
USD $3.30 USD $3.30
Mini-Z 8* Radial Groove Tire - Wide (for RCP Track)
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
Titanium DPS Kit for 94mm WB (MM Type)
USD $23.70 USD $23.70
Alu. 90mm WB Motor Pod (For DPS)
USD $28.90 USD $28.90
USD $13.10 USD $13.10
MR-02 Low Ride Height Spring (for RCP)
USD $3.30 USD $3.30
MR-02 Front Spring Set (Racing Edition)
USD $3.00 USD $3.00
FRP Rear Sus. Plate Set (RM)
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
FRP Rear Sus. Plate Set (MM)
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
Titanium Screw set for Mini-Z
USD $6.20 USD $6.20
Mini-Z Ceramic Full Ball Bearing Set
USD $36.80 USD $36.80

What motor and differential should I use with this combination? I want a medium speed motor.
Old 2008.10.17, 12:33 PM   #64
EMU
EMUracing

How are you planning to attach the damper post to the motormount? The adapter that you use will dictate what damper plate should be used. I personally prefer the PN ML damper plates better than the Atomic, around the same price but can be used for 94 and 98mm MM setups. I also dont like the Titanium damper plates action.

My damper setup with the PN MR01 mount used a 98mm MM damper plate with the 3Racing damper post adapter which mounts the damper post directly above the t-plate screw holes. I dont think that the Atomic RM conversion will work for the 90mm damper setting that the Atomic 90 RM pod will have when set to 86mm for the 934. You could possibly use the adapter from the Kyosho RM damper, or make your own. I still feel that the 3Racing damper setup is the best to use, as you dont have to fuss around with parts of different dampers to set it up.

Blue alloy looks good on red, but I dont feel that it really matters what color that car is.

For parts on the list:
Delrin Front Collar Set
USD $2.60 USD $5.20
Alu. Steering Knuckle II -- (1*) (I prefer 2 degree myself)
USD $15.80 USD $15.80
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
FRP Rear Sus. Plate Set (MM)
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
USD $6.20 USD $6.20

I would recommend the PN spring set over the Atomic. As well as PN tire tape. 30d AW Groove may be too much on the 015. I use 40d ATM standard front tires, and find them to work well. Get the Avid bearings from reflex, ceramics are too expensive and the real world performance is basically the same.
Old 2008.10.17, 12:41 PM   #65
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Thank you EMU, I apologize if I seem to be repeating and asking alot of similar questions. But 200 bucks is a lot to spend on a car and I want to make sure I do it right as it's cheaper the first time around then discovering you made an error in part selection and thus haveing to purchase more.
It's also tough finding all the right parts in one store which if you can helps save on shipping.
I may just as well select a Reflex Racing Stage Two package but the problem there is they tend to specialize in MM set up's.
At the same time, I'm still waiting on the arrival of the new white 911 Dnano!
So lot's and lot's of choices with only 200 buck's. Not much room for error!
Old 2008.10.17, 12:47 PM   #66
EMU
EMUracing

All the more reason to use the 3Racing damper Its cheap!

If you use the Atomic knuckles, use Atomic kingpins as well. Otherwise you will have a little slop.

Setting up RM is a little different than MM. CT and Ruf should be able to get you set up well with the RM. I am sure that both have used RM setups in the past, MM is just a faster setup. RM isnt necessarily slow, its just not as fast as MM setups.
Old 2008.10.17, 01:16 PM   #67
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

One thing I don't like about my Murcielago right now, is the rear end seems droopy with that PN motor mount, and I don't have oil for the disc-damper so it seems stiff. I tried useing the Kyosho oil that is used for the top shock, but didn't stay lubed very well. I should probably pick up a bottle or two of oil's.
I think my Modena was better than my Murcielago is now and it had the Kyosho brand disc damper mounted to the stock plastic motor mount.

Is there a different MM motor mount I should use for my Murcielago? I have PN's new LCG motor mount that was part of their previous package.
I had tried asking Reflex about an RM set up, but they told me they could not substitute parts from the package.

Back to the RM 934. I am still confused with all the different combinations of motor mounts and disc damper's and wheel base's. I feel silly! There seems to be thousands of options that the choice really comes down to personal preference and affordability! I'd love to see more photo's of how other 934's are set up.
If I had the money, I would love to have Reflex custom build me an MR15 RM specifically for 934. But then again, half the fun of these cars is building theme your selfe. I some times get bored after I've built it!

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.17 at 01:22 PM.
Old 2008.10.17, 01:29 PM   #68
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

The Reflex Racing Stage Two kit contains the following.
-PN Racing Multi-Length Disk Damper
-PN Racing Mini-Z MR-02 Spring Set
-3Racing Mini-Z MR-02 Plastic Front Knuckle set
-PN Racing 70 turn stock motor

Plus, all the parts from the Stage 1 upgrade:

-Avid RC High Speed Bearing set
-Kyosho Mini-Z MR-02 H-plate Set
-Reflex Racing SSG2WD tires
-PN Racing Stainless Steel King Pins
-PN Racing 15 Degree Front Slicks

Are these parts universal between RM and MM? And will THEY work on 934? This kit goes for around 70 bucks which aint' too bad. Still short a motor mount and differential.
Old 2008.10.17, 01:37 PM   #69
ianc

Hi Marc,

Kinda too bad you went the 015 route as you can run the 934 body on an 02 chassis; I'm running one right now. If you trim the chassis slightly behind the battery clips and run -1 offset fronts, it will work fine. I can post some pics of mine (red also) if you're interested.

As far as handling, I noticed that initially, due to the short wheelbase and RM mount, the 934 tended to have a very pronounced transition from on-throttle understeer to off-throttle oversteer. Rather inconvenient in corners where you slow down just a little too much and suddenly find yourself munching wall.

To alleviate this, you can make the rear a little firmer, and try some toe-in, stiffer springs, and some not-so sticky tires in the front as well.

I'm not running a damper and just the stock 02 mount and shock for now, but I will probably grab a mount for it next to improve weight distribution a little and allow me to lower the rear of the car. You can easily lower the front by putting a couple of washers under the knuckles and cutting your limiters and using appropriate springs in front, but the rear's harder...

Good luck with the project and post pics as you go!

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.17, 02:38 PM   #70
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I chose the MR15 as it IS different from the MR02. As the Porsche is a completely different beast than that of the Murcielago, the chassis should be accordingly. You dont' want the 934 to handle exactly like the Murcielago, that takes away from the scale I think.
Part of my challange with this Porsche, is I want it to handle scale-like which I beleive Porsches to have a tad bit of oversteer due to the rear engine configuration. Yet, at they same time they are known to handle VERY well. Their just not as flat out fast on the turns as say the Murcielago's are.
As for my Murcielago, I've already got two washers up front and the front is still higher than the rear. I tried adjusting the PN motor mount, but it seems to lock better in the lowest position than when you raise the post. I'd like to try a different MM motor mount for the Murcielago that will still work with the disc damper I've already got. Mean while, my old black Murcielago is still in the paint booth! My painter should have it done by next week.
Back to the 934, I want the handling to be scale like.
However and when ever I upgrade the chassis, I'll definetly post pic's!

One of my future projects will be another MR15 RM specifically set up for the Altezza which is another beast. It is a front engine rear wheel drive car and chassis should be set up accordingly if possible? Or am I dreaming here?
It's boring if all chassis was set up identically because it works so well. You might not want a car to be on rails! You might want oversteer!

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.17 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2008.10.17, 02:49 PM   #71
ianc

Quote:
Back to the 934, I want the handling to be scale like
Oh, it will, believe me. With the motor hanging off the rear, it will behave as you would expect a 911 to. Even though my 934 is not as outright fast as my GT40 or 962, I would still almost say it is more fun to drive.

I've been looking a bit for a rear mount for it, and so far the most promising thing I see is here: http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=367&page=1

It claims to be only for 90 mm however. I wonder why, and if it can be made to work with an 86 mm setup by using MM t-plates?

ianc

Last edited by ianc; 2008.10.17 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2008.10.17, 02:52 PM   #72
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I beleive that's the same one I had in my EGR shopping cart!
Old 2008.10.19, 06:31 PM   #73
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Okay, I was looking at my chart that I printed from Atomic Mods. It sais that the Porsche 934 is 86RM. So that means I can use ANY RM motor mount, but need an 86 specific disc-damper, or can I use one of those multi-length disc-dampers?
Seems to me the best way to make this set up simple for me, is to use this Atomic motor mount
Model: AR-054-B
Manufactured by: Atomic
and Kyosho's disc-damper which mounts directly to the stock plastic motor mount. I think this is the simplest way to go for me.
Old 2008.10.19, 06:35 PM   #74
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

This is it so far, minus the Kyosho brand disc-damper which not sure if I can find it at EGR yet.

Delrin Front Collar Set
USD $2.60 USD $5.20
Alu. Steering Knuckle II -- (1*)
USD $15.80 USD $15.80
Double Side Stick Tape for Mini-Z Rims
USD $1.30 USD $2.60
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
Alloy Tie Rod (0*) for MR-015
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
Alloy Tie Rod (+1*) for MR-015
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
A.W. Groove Tyre - 30 Degree (Narrow)
USD $3.30 USD $3.30
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
USD $13.10 USD $13.10
MR-02 Low Ride Height Spring (for RCP)
USD $3.30 USD $3.30
MR-02 Front Spring Set (Racing Edition)
USD $3.00 USD $3.00
FRP Rear Sus. Plate Set (RM)
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
USD $6.20 USD $6.20
Mini-Z Ceramic Full Ball Bearing Set
USD $36.80 USD $36.80
Alu. Motor for MR-02 RM-Blue
USD $26.10 USD $26.10
Sub-Total: USD $141.80
Old 2008.10.19, 06:51 PM   #75
ianc

I looked at that mount, but did not like the fact that the rear axle height can't be adjusted. The ass end of my car is sitting up pretty high and I'd like to get it down some. The only way I can see to do that is with the mount. I ordered the AR-220 instead:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/alu-90...ps-p-1695.html

It claims to be for 90 mm, but I'm hoping I can get it to work. I didn't see any other RM mount that would allow axle height adjustment... Will keep you posted...

ianc