Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.09.14, 06:54 AM   #1
Lunchbox1019

Nanoracer 2.0 w/x-speed

New guy here, please excuse me if I ask a stupid question.

I purchased two Nanoracer 2.0s and I have put an x-speed motor into one of them. The new motor seems to be shorting out, like it doesnt have a good connection to the board. I have tightend the screw down enought so that the connectors can't move around. But the engine keeps cutting on and off when throttle is given. I can even see a few tiny blue sparks coming from the negative lead. I was thinking about putting some 5mm e-clips (as washers) to press the lead to the board a little harder. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Lunchbox1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 06:55 AM   #2
byebye

Try a different motor and let us know.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 07:00 AM   #3
Lunchbox1019

I put the stock motor back in and it was still doing it, but not nearly as often. This was happening late last night. I woke up this morning and it wasnt doing it at all (with the x-speed). Could it have been somekind of interference?
Old 2007.09.14, 07:04 AM   #4
byebye

Did it stop doing it after you put the washers on? Or secured it better? Sounds like a bad connection.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 07:08 AM   #5
Lunchbox1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
Did it stop doing it after you put the washers on? Or secured it better? Sounds like a bad connection.

Kris
Nah, I never got around to putting any washers on. I didn't have anything laying around that would have worked including e-clips. But the clips were the only thing I could think of that were small enough (unless they make washers that small). I had removed and replaced the wires several times trying to get a better connection, but I could never get it to go away completely.
Old 2007.09.16, 10:22 PM   #6
fangel

that is strange, it does sounds like it's a bad connection.
but as you said, it suddenly went away like glitch in the electronics one morning.
I hope it never returns, but it really sound strange to me, I have never heard of it happening from any user.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.22, 02:15 PM   #7
MANFRED35

HELLO from FRANCE, That's my first contact and i hope my english is not too bab. I appreciate what I read before in these thread.
I have the new nanoracer 2.0 and I am very happy with the possibilities of fun and tuning. Today I replaced the standard motor by a i-pro one but after a couple of minutes one fet has burned. I am still satisfied in the product as i knew there was a risk. I intend to replace the original SDM8401 fet by irf7389 (2x2 or 3x2). Is there a seller as toyeast.com that I could contact to get 10 pcs of these FET. I really appreciate toyeast for the prices and the shipping speed.
MANFRED35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.22, 02:35 PM   #8
MANFRED35

I Pro Motor Little Default

Sorry for the mistake of the two same post... I can precise that the I-PRO MOTOR wire are inverted (red instead of black). That can be an information for quality improvment but it is a very little problem...
MANFRED35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.22, 09:30 PM   #9
fangel

Manfred35,
I'm happy that you like the new NanoRacer 2.0, I'm sorry that the FET burn when using the i-pro motor, as you already understand, there is a possibility of that happening since it does draw a lot of current from the PCB.
We do not carry any FET upgrade, but Shop@TinyRC does, below is the link to the FET
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=411

As for the i-pro motor has the wire inverted, I'll look into this matter and see how to fix it.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote