Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.09.17, 04:09 PM   #16
yamar6

i guss it's fast but i wish they were sold in the states.i have my HOR bike, duratrax vendetta ST, and my nano dragon,i also used it on my revo but that is sold.but no problems at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr
Do you use it for multiple vehicles? The problems 2EZ and I are having didnt show up until we started messing with the different model settings.

I think toyeast was pretty darn fast coming from all the way across the world. My last shipment got to me in 10 days, 5 of which were holliday or weekend.
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.17, 08:45 PM   #17
fangel

yamar6,
Depending on your order situation and the mailing option, I personally would have to agree with hrdrvr, since we are from all the way around the world.

2EZ,
The way to reset the TX is the press and hold the "+/-" button then turn on the TX and wait until you see "OK" on the LCD display.

I'm really not too sure about the reason why the TX has issue, but it could be a memory leak in the programming making less reliable after extensive multiplied vehicles use.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.19, 06:30 AM   #18
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I reset mine this morning. Ill be trying it out at some point today, so Ill post if that fixes the problem.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.26, 09:48 AM   #19
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6
do you have pics of the new chassis

Im a bit late on this, but here none the less. Ive been really busy lately and not had much time for pictures. My little free time has been spent on the track, not taking pictures or trying to figure out my new Tx

Here are some shots of the new chassis. These arent the best pics, as lighting wasnt real good, and I havent had time to set up for some good shots.

Heres the older one sitting next to my 02 RM.

You can see here the pic of the one thread that was hangin on to the motor's posotive lead.

And it still sits up like an SUV. This one is WAY up there and I dont think Ill be able to get it down without tearing off the side clips and moving them up.

The back is way worse than the front.....

....but the front is still pretty bad

The bottom of the chasis looks like the plastic fom the older model Iwaivers. I never really ran my old Iwaivers that much, so cant say for sure wether its better or not.

I would say its most likely better than the older FireLaps as mine broke after just a few weeks of running. All my running was done on a carpet track with foam walls, so the hardest impacts it took were from other cars.

Im going to have some time today to fugure out my Tx. If I cant Im going to be really dissapointed as its the real reason I even bought this RTR. Thats one drawback I guess to buying from overseas

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2007.09.26 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2007.09.26, 08:57 PM   #20
fangel

Just to let you all know that this is not the one on the right is not the new chassis.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having difficulty with the TX, since as you said the TX has really added a selling point to it. I'm really keen on helping you to deal with the TX problem, even if it means we will exchange it for you.

I hope this experience has not discourage you to buy from us again.
Old 2007.09.27, 06:55 AM   #21
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ill shoot you an email with a description of the problems Im having. Maybe you can help me solve the problem without an exchange.

BTW, the sentance right above that pic says its "the older one sitting next to my 02 RM."

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2007.09.27, 07:03 AM   #22
yamar6

the new one looks sweet.are you having problems with the new car.
Old 2007.09.27, 01:31 PM   #23
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Nah, the car is good. It seems a lot better than the previous one. As far as plastic parts go, QC/fitment is WAY better. The electronics seem smoother as well, but still lacked in the soldering category. Other than the motor wires being soldered loose I havent had any other problems that stopped the car. Some of the solder looked a little shady, but the car ran just fine after fixing the motor wires. I touched up the spots where the servo pot wires are connected, and thats about it.

I dont really like the MM configuration and am going to switch it over to RM. One good thing is the ready set comes with all the bits do this this. There is no additional parts kit you need to buy like on the Zs. Once I do this Ill be able to tell 100% for sure if it handles and performs like the Z. RM is my prefered set up, and all my 2wd Zs are currently RM. My dad has one of the new RTRs with the 3010s, so Ill do a lap time comparison before adjusting the suspension. Itll e compared with the same tire set up as well. I just need til friday to get this car ready, and we race on fridays

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2007.09.27, 03:15 PM   #24
yamar6

mine just came in.alli can say is wow.for the price everything is working great.my new radio feels way better then the one i got with my nanodragon.the stearing wheele is not loose and the triger feels way better.the car plastic feels odd but it looks 100 per. cent better then my iwaver.im happy i bought it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr
Nah, the car is good. It seems a lot better than the previous one. As far as plastic parts go, QC/fitment is WAY better. The electronics seem smoother as well, but still lacked in the soldering category. Other than the motor wires being soldered loose I havent had any other problems that stopped the car. Some of the solder looked a little shady, but the car ran just fine after fixing the motor wires. I touched up the spots where the servo pot wires are connected, and thats about it.

I dont really like the MM configuration and am going to switch it over to RM. One good thing is the ready set comes with all the bits do this this. There is no additional parts kit you need to buy like on the Zs. Once I do this Ill be able to tell 100% for sure if it handles and performs like the Z. RM is my prefered set up, and all my 2wd Zs are currently RM. My dad has one of the new RTRs with the 3010s, so Ill do a lap time comparison before adjusting the suspension. Itll e compared with the same tire set up as well. I just need til friday to get this car ready, and we race on fridays
Old 2007.09.27, 10:21 PM   #25
fangel

I happy that both of you are happy with your chassis, and I hope that all these trends keep up.
We are very happy to provide our customer (me and all of you) with good products at valuable price.
Please keep informing me with your feeling and review of the products so we could make it even better on up coming release.
Old 2007.09.28, 08:46 PM   #26
yamar6

make a AWD version.but use the xmod evo chassis design with the mini z front. with better plastic.the battery set up on the xmod evo is way better then the mini z AWD.if you do you should give me a free one for the great idea.if you want my my ideas for the chassis email me @ www.minitee@optonline.net
Old 2007.09.28, 09:51 PM   #27
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
please don't solicite manufacturers for freebies if you have requests, please use email.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 04:48 AM   #28
fangel

The idea sounds fine and properly workable (the chassis not the free sample)
We might look into this further.
Old 2007.10.02, 11:15 AM   #29
yamar6

i was screwing around with the free.but i love the set up of the evo.i wish a better company would remake it with better plastics and electronics.if someone would make it kyosho would have something to race with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangel
The idea sounds fine and properly workable (the chassis not the free sample)
We might look into this further.
Old 2007.10.02, 08:42 PM   #30
fangel

I would agree that the weight balance is better with the EVO design, however due to the cost and the comsumer level of the product. X-mod isn't for the serious driver.