Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.04.24, 05:33 PM   #1
thestug

2.4ghz conversion help

I can't seem to remember how the wining is supposed to go together. I took apart my mini-z about a week ago. I can't remember if the black wire from the board goes with the black wire or the greywire from the chassis. I feel as though this could be catastrophic if I mess this up. Also what direction does the on/off switch go in? A picture of what the wiring is supposed to look like would be really handy.
thestug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.24, 06:24 PM   #2
thestug

Grrr.. How are the wires to the swich supposed to even be long enough? I cant set the switch in place and get the board in place. There are also 2 tabs on the switch that keep it from seating properly. The red power wire on the board also seems too sort to reach hey tiny screw. Anyone else have problems with wire length?
Old 2011.04.24, 06:51 PM   #3
thestug

What the heck. Every wire will not go anywhere close to where it is supposed to. Except for the black wire and the pot wires(which are about half an inch too long). Are replacement boards not meant to be just a direct replacement? Are there different verions of the bule/grey chassis? I can't get anything to go back to where it is supposed to. I really don't want to have to resolder longer wires to the board just to get it to work, because I'm not that great with an iron. I really don't want to screw up my board. Someone help.
Old 2011.04.24, 07:24 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Do you have an MR02 board or AWD board?
Old 2011.04.24, 09:45 PM   #5
thestug

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Do you have an MR02 board or AWD board?
It's a ra18 board. So it would be AWD. right?
Old 2011.04.24, 10:13 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
RA-18 is just the code for the ASF board, there are different part numbers for different chassis variance... MZ303 for MR02/015, MD013 for AWD, MF14 for F1. If you still have the packaging, you should be able to get the part number from it. Chances are you may have the MR02 version. I have used the AWD version many times on the MR02 and F1, but havent used other versions in the AWD.

They may even label the board RA-18F for F1... From what I see, the RA-18 is for MR02. RA-18M is for Monster...

Last edited by EMU; 2011.04.24 at 10:17 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.24, 10:57 PM   #7
thestug

I ordered one for the awd chassis,but maybe the wrong one was sent. I'll check on this tomorrow.
Old 2011.04.26, 02:05 PM   #8
thestug

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestug View Post
I ordered one for the awd chassis,but maybe the wrong one was sent. I'll check on this tomorrow.
I ordered an AWD one on eBay. I was sent the wrong one somehow. I have the right on ein the mail now. Thanks and sorry for my frustrated rant. It is a pain in the *** to change boards even when you have the right one.