Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.02.11, 05:12 PM   #1
Taazz

I'm stuck in an abusive relationship

I love my new Iwaver Ford GTs when they are running. I actually had one running competitively with an MR02 and an AWD Z today. Problem is the stock board crapped out again.

I have now had 3 cars and the stock boards crapped out in all three. I have had 3 stock replacement boards and all three of them crapped out. The problem is that I end up with no range. They all eventually end up with range of less than 3 feet if that.

Is it just me? Is anyone else having these kinds of problems with the stock Iwaver boards? I can run my Mini Zs race after race, week after week and have no problems. I look at the Iwaver wrong and it craps out.

I love the radios that come with the cars. I love the bodies. The cars handle and drive great when they are running.

Should I buy the older Iwaver boards that that are available from some of the overseas sites? It would be worth the $20 to get the car running consistantly. Maybe I could get Hobby Services to send me some of the old boards.

Help!!!!!!!
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.11, 06:09 PM   #2
Shaun
000-00-0001

I have had 4 IW-02 cars. All but 1 stopped working. The one that works, works great no problems at all. I just sold it to a friend. The IWaver PCB boards seem so suffer from the same bad QC as the rest of the car. They are really hit or miss in the quality department.

You might want to look for a Kyosho MR-01 or MR-02 PCB. I took an old MR-01 PCB(2002) and put it in an Iwaver IW-02. Works great!
Old 2006.02.11, 06:53 PM   #3
reggiethedorf
Registered Looser

Send a message via MSN to reggiethedorf
i would just get a miniZ. the extra money is worth the high blood pressure protection. keep what you like about the iwaver, the radio, the bodies. but replace the board.
reggiethedorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.11, 07:03 PM   #4
Taazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiethedorf
i would just get a miniZ. the extra money is worth the high blood pressure protection. keep what you like about the iwaver, the radio, the bodies. but replace the board.
I already have Mini Zs. To be quite honest, they get boring. I like something different once in a while to tinker with. I have gotten quite a bit of satisfaction in getting the Iwaver to be competitive. It would just be nice if they would keep running long enough to enjoy them after I get them running well.
Old 2006.02.11, 07:09 PM   #5
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
if you want different then buy an epoch... see shop.tinyrc.com
Old 2006.02.11, 07:30 PM   #6
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taazz
I already have Mini Zs. To be quite honest, they get boring. I like something different once in a while to tinker with. I have gotten quite a bit of satisfaction in getting the Iwaver to be competitive. It would just be nice if they would keep running long enough to enjoy them after I get them running well.
Check this out:

http://www.geocities.jp/wild_zracing...124racing.html
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.12, 12:36 AM   #7
EnTg888

For those of you who lost their boards... Was this with the stock motor or an upgrade/ were there any upgrade parts? I noticed the antenna is humiliatingly close to one of the battery contacts that because of poor construction sticks out. Possibly some part pushed the antenna over a bit?
Old 2006.02.12, 07:22 AM   #8
Taazz

The most recent one that failed had been run for 3 days of racing prior to it failing. I had run it with an Istock, Kyosho stock and I was running a RS stage 2, which I had run for several races, when it failed. I had another one, brand new replacement board, that ran one 5 minute race and failed during the next. This one was running a stock kit motor and never had any other motor put in the car.

I am beginning to think that it is not the motors, but rather shotty parts and construction.
Old 2006.02.12, 10:49 AM   #9
machine
learning the hard way

Are these Iwavers the ones with the micro servo?
Old 2006.02.12, 03:17 PM   #10
Taazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine
Are these Iwavers the ones with the micro servo?
Yup. The newest versions.
Old 2006.02.12, 03:43 PM   #11
EnTg888

Not micro servos. POT's in a box cheapos...