Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.02.25, 07:26 PM   #91
TyGminiz

great. thanks.
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.26, 02:53 PM   #92
art4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Exciting to see more participation & performance improvements, thumbs up on those scorching fast lap times!
Depending if the track is permanent or can be set up more than once, I don't think anyone would mind if different individuals from the same community race on different days to accommodate different schedules as long as there are 3 cars on the track.

Yes indeed that's one of your wings, I had Thao bring one with him when he came down for this race. Works great !

I think I saw some recent FB videos of you piloting a new EVO at what looked like a home track ...I hope you can soon get a group of drivers together up there to start running HFAY...Given years of weekly racing experience at ILR would love to see & compare # of laps & lap times by arguably the fastest mini-z group in the nation
Yes, that was me on a track setup in my garage. Those tiles were borrowed from Inside Line Racing as I had taken them all home to clean off years of grime. We only recently found a new location that we can hold a large club race at once a month, so mainly trying to get interest back after being unable to race for several months. We might not be quite the fastest (when Grant came to race he would remind us what fast really is), but we had tons of practice when ILR had a permanent track which helped many of us get up to speed.

I did recently purchase two new wide-L sets for myself at home, as well as an I-lap timing bridge. I can just about squeeze an 11x9 layout in my garage so some of the HFAY layouts will fit. Both my daughter and son race, so technically with a minimum of three drivers we could be our own club Although it's very hard to pass either of them as they won't always let me by

Besides HFAY club racing, are the individual time trials still being tracked/updated anywhere? I couldn't find any recent info anywhere. I could at least run some of those for comparison.
art4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.26, 04:48 PM   #93
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by art4242 View Post
Yes, that was me on a track setup in my garage. Those tiles were borrowed from Inside Line Racing as I had taken them all home to clean off years of grime. We only recently found a new location that we can hold a large club race at once a month, so mainly trying to get interest back after being unable to race for several months. We might not be quite the fastest (when Grant came to race he would remind us what fast really is), but we had tons of practice when ILR had a permanent track which helped many of us get up to speed.

I did recently purchase two new wide-L sets for myself at home, as well as an I-lap timing bridge. I can just about squeeze an 11x9 layout in my garage so some of the HFAY layouts will fit. Both my daughter and son race, so technically with a minimum of three drivers we could be our own club Although it's very hard to pass either of them as they won't always let me by

Besides HFAY club racing, are the individual time trials still being tracked/updated anywhere? I couldn't find any recent info anywhere. I could at least run some of those for comparison.
Great so you have the exact spec equipment needed to run HFAY. I'm sure Ty and other organizers will chime in on it more but I know for this season they're only posting official scores for the Racer Series Format of HFAY. that's not to say you still can't run the rounds unofficially for fun by yourself and post your results on this thread for general comparison but obviously as you eluded to it running with less than 3 racers will be a significant advantage. If you can get together another 2 of your ILR friends & submit official scores then that would be more awesome.
The only time i was at ILR was at PNWC 2012 but been following the racing up there on YT as well as having the privilege to run with some of the faster ILR racers down here in LA at this race back in 2016... I think as far as having highest number of fast drivers in one location nationwide you guys are comfortably in contention.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.26, 05:57 PM   #94
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:

Inside line is part of the reason that I am as fast as I am! the group of drivers at inside line kept pushing me to the next level!
As far a s HFAY goes the racer class is cool but it is after all a stock class... I would like to see the time trials come back as well mainly due to the fact that it is a run what u Brung type of class ... Hehehe... Maybe in due time

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.27, 07:22 AM   #95
briankstan

feel free to run the time trials. I have all the data and if you want to send in times on the tracks. We can at least store them until we have the site fixed/replaced and rebuild the data.
Old 2019.02.27, 07:37 AM   #96
TyGminiz

Hi art4242, 3 used to be a crowd, but now it's a club. Ya getting around the other drivers is always the challenge, even if it's family. Do what you can when you can and make sure to sign up at Next Level Timing to be able to submit your times. Also there is a timing system available there as i'm sure you've seen. It has an awesome practice feature that will sound off when you've hit 5+ consistent laps which is huge in building your ability for HFAY and any racing.

Even though you've missed a couple months, input your times so you can see your standings from each race. You may not have the high points for this season, but you'll be dialed for fall season. And there isn't a huge trophy at the end of the season anyways.

11x9 track: we tried out some new tracks this season, well actually less frequently used over the past few years, and these turn out to be too big for some others as well. We'll reassess track sizes for fall tracks.

Time trials: The reason we are helping with HFAY is Brian is locked out of the whole HFAY website as the programmer has gone mia. So, the time trials cannot presently be input either, unfortunately. But the data is still there thankfully and you can always see what the average lap times are by doing some math. Time trials figures are based on how fast you can do 50 laps, not how many laps you run in 8 minutes.
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.27, 09:00 PM   #97
Qball41

Central Florida Mini-Z Racers ran race 4 (counter clockwise) tonight. I'll get the results from race 3 and 4 uploaded tomorrow.
Old 2019.02.28, 02:39 AM   #98
BladeSling

Scoring updates

I updated the points, first place now gets 200 points, second 198, and third 198 and so on. No waiting for fall on that one.

I updated the club standings as well. There was a bug causing a single racer to be overwritten by another racer. So PDX miniz had double counted a racer and another club missing a racer in the standings. Thanks for your sharp eyes.

It will be fun to see everyone's results. I only peaked where I had to and the results are impressive.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.28, 07:36 AM   #99
Qball41

Maybe I'm being dense on this one, but can someone point me to where we go to upload our results? I couldn't find it.
Old 2019.02.28, 08:15 AM   #100
MTseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball41 View Post
Maybe I'm being dense on this one, but can someone point me to where we go to upload our results? I couldn't find it.
https://nextleveltiming.com/communities

Go there then select your club name, on the next page select "post race results" button.
Old 2019.02.28, 02:53 PM   #101
art4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGminiz View Post
Hi art4242, 3 used to be a crowd, but now it's a club. Ya getting around the other drivers is always the challenge, even if it's family. Do what you can when you can and make sure to sign up at Next Level Timing to be able to submit your times. Also there is a timing system available there as i'm sure you've seen. It has an awesome practice feature that will sound off when you've hit 5+ consistent laps which is huge in building your ability for HFAY and any racing.

Even though you've missed a couple months, input your times so you can see your standings from each race. You may not have the high points for this season, but you'll be dialed for fall season. And there isn't a huge trophy at the end of the season anyways.

11x9 track: we tried out some new tracks this season, well actually less frequently used over the past few years, and these turn out to be too big for some others as well. We'll reassess track sizes for fall tracks.

Time trials: The reason we are helping with HFAY is Brian is locked out of the whole HFAY website as the programmer has gone mia. So, the time trials cannot presently be input either, unfortunately. But the data is still there thankfully and you can always see what the average lap times are by doing some math. Time trials figures are based on how fast you can do 50 laps, not how many laps you run in 8 minutes.
Thanks, I'll try get my track together to run the February layout in at least one direction this weekend before the deadline. One wide-L set is literally still in the box so need to assemble all the rails. The brand new RCP feels super grippy. I'll try to convince my kids to run so we have 3 drivers, in the future I'll see if any of the other ILR racers would be interested in running as well.

I need to register us for Next Level Timing, I'll message bladesling on how to get setup.
Old 2019.02.28, 03:03 PM   #102
art4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
Inside line is part of the reason that I am as fast as I am! the group of drivers at inside line kept pushing me to the next level!
As far a s HFAY goes the racer class is cool but it is after all a stock class... I would like to see the time trials come back as well mainly due to the fact that it is a run what u Brung type of class ... Hehehe... Maybe in due time
Yes Grant, I want to see your time trial with a lithium 9500kV car, or at least fast lap, if you can keep it on the track. Haha.

As Binh always says, slow is fast....
Old 2019.02.28, 03:16 PM   #103
Qball41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTseo View Post
https://nextleveltiming.com/communities

Go there then select your club name, on the next page select "post race results" button.
Duh! I wasn't logging in. Thanks for getting me over my mental hurdle.
Old 2019.03.01, 01:35 AM   #104
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Yes Grant, I want to see your time trial with a lithium 9500kV car, or at least fast lap, if you can keep it on the track. Haha.

As Binh always says, slow is fast....
My fast lap time was 3.9 with nimh 3500k
3.7 with my LiPo 7500kv PanCar

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.01, 07:43 AM   #105
Qball41

Got the races uploaded. Super easy! Thanks for all the work that has gone into the software!