Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.02.27, 09:00 AM   #1
T-Nasty

servo repair help...

If this is here on the forum already, I couldn't find it...It'd be great if someone could post a how-to for replacing the servo gears in the 01. Mainly, the problem is that I am a space cadet, and I took the thing apart without checking out how it goes back together first. nice!
just a pic of a fully-assembled mr-01F servo case (the guts, that is) would be super helpful.
also, opinions as to whether alloy servo gears are worth installing, i.e. will they eventually break too?
thanks!!
T-Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 12:59 PM   #2
T-Nasty

cancel that

figured it out, with a little fiddling, np.
i still think it'd be a helpful resource to have some pics of how the 'guts' of these things should look when properly installed, soldered, etc...thx
Old 2008.02.27, 01:25 PM   #3
T-Nasty

hmmm

could still use a bit of help here, i have it together but can't center the steering...it slams to one side or the other. i am sure its a pot issue but i am also sure this pot is good. maybe its not actually together correctly? erg...gonna get myself an 015 pretty soon, this is getting old already.
Old 2008.02.27, 03:27 PM   #4
wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nasty View Post
could still use a bit of help here, i have it together but can't center the steering...it slams to one side or the other. i am sure its a pot issue but i am also sure this pot is good. maybe its not actually together correctly? erg...gonna get myself an 015 pretty soon, this is getting old already.

Take it apart again carefully and make sure it's assembled correctly.The pot needs to locate properly in the end of the final gear (the one with the spigot on).If the pot is not being turned by the gear it may cause your problem.Without the pot moving the reciever will act like the servo has not moved ie;it will keep spinning the servo motor until the pot gets to position corrisponding with the signal from the controller.

Hope this helps,and I hope this makes sense.
Good luck,hope all goes well.
wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 06:22 PM   #5
T-Nasty

yeah, i figured that out, thanks for the tip though...the pot is loose and keeps pushing itself out of the gear it needs to be in. i seem to have one small plastic piece that has no place; i am sure it's a spacer of some kind but i have no idea where to put it...this is why a pic of a complete servo case would be helpful, but verbal descriptions work too....thx in advance...
Old 2008.02.27, 06:50 PM   #6
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
That plastic piece, does it have two small pegs on one side? If it is it is the one that locates the pot and keeps it from turning. I have used small squares of paper in front of that to tighten the pot up to the gear.
Old 2008.02.27, 06:54 PM   #7
T-Nasty

yes, that's the one, with the two pegs and a sort-of U shape cut-out.
can you best describe how to install that piece specifically?
...much appreciated....
Old 2008.02.27, 06:57 PM   #8
T-Nasty

ok, i should try harder b4 asking....just got it in. now to re-calibrate...
Old 2008.02.27, 07:18 PM   #9
T-Nasty

thanks guys, worked out great. new delrin servos in full effect.
Old 2008.02.28, 07:13 AM   #10
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Glad to hear you got it worked out. It has been a while that I had mine apart, I was mostly going by memory. That's one nice thing about the MR01 servo box, no servo saver. Makes for fewer parts to juggle.

I have heard that those delrin gears can be tighter that the stock white gears fit. So the pot may be tighter without the paper shims.

I would have posted a shot or two, but my camera software is down right now.