Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.01.17, 06:47 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I agree, it fits the same criteria of a mass produced aftermarket hard plastic autoscale, just without wheels, which Kyosho does at times as well.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.26, 09:22 AM   #17
TyGminiz

Here's to your good driving for those folks finishing up the January HFAY races this weekend or next week.

We are done at PDX Mini Z, and we've heard that Tri Cities is complete as well.

Central Florida and Southeastern Ohio will be running their second half of January races soon. As well a new coming group from Atlanta GA and i beleive Malibu Mini z (or maybe it's So Cal Mini Z) will be running this weekend.

If i've missed anyone, let me know so we can add you to the list.

Cheers, Ty
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.27, 08:19 PM   #18
bobbyz

Malibu ran both tracks this weekend. I'll get info & times out in the next few days.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.28, 11:55 AM   #19
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
1/28 RaceWay in Pomona,CA is interested in competing in HFAY with our small group of racers but having a hard time finding the nessasary updated information any help would be appreciated ie track surface ,rules is there a one stop place to find this information@ I've been to the pdx site but couldn't find any pertinent info
Thanks !

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.28, 12:04 PM   #20
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
1/28 RaceWay in Pomona,CA is interested in competing in HFAY with our small group of racers but having a hard time finding the nessasary updated information any help would be appreciated ie track surface ,rules is there a one stop place to find this information@ I've been to the pdx site but couldn't find any pertinent info
Thanks !
We're cobbling it together from previously published info. If you look at the first post in this thread, there is a link to the track layouts we're using this season, as well as a link to rules. We run on the rough side.

edit, copy pasta:

Quote:
1. All clubs must have a minimum of 2 Wide “L” RCP tracks. RCP tracks can be
purchased from many different venues, check our links page on our website for further
information on where to purchase tracks and timing systems.
2. You must be using approved chassis’, bodies & Spec Motor (see V.T.R.s on pg. 4).
3. Participating clubs must have some form of lap timing/counting system. Compatible lap
counting systems are as follows:
Core Analog KOPropo AMBit LapDragon TeamOrion GiroZ. I-Lap
Really, any system that can conform to the timing configurations set forth for each layout.
The timing configuration is on the point series webpage, shown in Core format.
4. You must be able to complete each event layout, as shown on our website, and must
submit the results within the designated time frame. NO EXCUSES! If times are not
submitted within the designated time frame, your club will not receive any points for that
particular event. (See page 4, rule #3 for timeframe details)
5. You must setup the track exactly as shown on the point series page, this includes bump
out tiles as well!
6. Each driver must have a designated “name” or “handle” throughout the entire event,
when results are turned in, they must be in a basic text format, here’s an example:
Racer, Laps, Time, Club name, Chassis type, Motor, Class (see below for examples)
RCGuru,92,8:00.34,Club name,MR-03,HFAY Spec
Havok,92,8:04.09,Club name,MA-010,HFAY Spec
Superdude,90,8:02.64,Club name,MR-02,HFAY Spec
MiniZManiac,88,8:02.44,Club name,MR-02,Stock
The Format above is required to submit times to the website, the HFAY judge will log into
the website and upload the results into the system. Calculations are done automatically
therefore the Racer name is very important and needs to remain consistent throughout
the entire series. Addition instructions for submitting times can be found under the
documentation section on the website.
ONLINE POINTS SERIES (SEASON 20
RACER VERSION
HOW FAST ARE YOU?
GETTING STARTED
PAGE 2
7. Cheating will not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form! It is the judge’s responsibility
to make sure this does not happen! If a judge finds a club member cheating, he must pull
that driver from the series. As true competitors, you are all expected to put forth your best
honest effort. The HFAY Judge has the final say in all matters for his club’s participation.
8. Each participating club must have at least a minimum of 3 drivers for each Main. Filler
drivers are allowed to maintain the minimum amount of drivers for the Mains at the
Judge's discretion. (Filler driver's data will not be counted but must be recorded)
9. Each track may be practiced as much or as little as the club would like. Heats and
qualifying may be done in the format that the individual club deems necessary to
complete. Although, drivers who bump up into another HFAY Main must fully disregard
their previous results, even if the previous results were better!
10. Once the races have been completed they may not be re-run to improve results. Reruns
of races will be due to lap counter failure resulting in un-usable data only. Races
cannot be stopped due to mechanical failure of vehicle(s). So make sure your vehicle is
ready to run the full race! Collisions can and do cause breakage, but that’s all part of
racing! So be courteous and careful out there!
11. You must finish each race with the car you started with (same chassis, body and of
course… motor) it is permissible to repair parts of your car to get back into a race, but you
may not swap cars entirely.
12. First race of each layout is to be run Clockwise. Second race of each layout is to be
run Counter Clockwise.
13. Race “Mains” are to be 8 minutes long, and Set to a standard start, meaning that the
clock starts when the horn sounds. (note: IFMAR or Staggered starts are not allowed.)
14. The timing loop must be centered under the full width checkerboard starting line.
15. Starting position will be determined by the club’s preference, obviously you will be
lining up behind the loop’s location. Space the cars as necessary. Jumping the start must
be avoided at all costs. If a driver jumps the start signal, the race will be waived off and
the grid reset as per club’s preference.
16. Actual race data can be released by each club only after that data is posted on the
HFAY website. It is not required to post the actual race data, but it is highly recommended.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z

Last edited by SuperFly; 2019.01.28 at 12:06 PM.
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.28, 12:08 PM   #21
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
We're cobbling it together from previously published info. If you look at the first post in this thread, there is a link to the track layouts we're using this season, as well as a link to rules. We run on the rough side.

edit, copy pasta:
Ok well we woluld be out then as we run on the smooth side since 2012. Thanks for the info

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2019.01.28, 12:10 PM   #22
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Ok well we woluld be out then as we run on the smooth side since 2012. Thanks for the info
Actually, I didn't see anywhere in the rules that says you have to run on one side or the other.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2019.01.28, 12:14 PM   #23
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
Actually, I didn't see anywhere in the rules that says you have to run on one side or the other.
I saw the poll up above and didnt see any results on it so I was unsure if any definite decision was made as far as trackside goes oh definitely like to give the opportunity to my new group of racers to participate

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2019.01.28, 12:16 PM   #24
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Also is it a requirement to use the timing system that is on the PDX website or can we use the existing timing system that we have used forever or any other system like RC scoring pro

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2019.01.28, 12:18 PM   #25
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Also is it a requirement to use the timing system that is on the PDX website or can we use the existing timing system that we have used forever
You can use whatever timing system you want, as long as it works. Ultimately, we're only counting how many laps in 8 min. There is a specific format requested for reporting data, but not the timing system itself.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2019.01.28, 12:41 PM   #26
bobbyz

....well, most recent Rules from Season 23 don't specify which side to run, and we (Malibu) just ran Track 5 for Jan on the smooth side, and plan to run the rest of Season 27 on the smooth side. I don't want to rock the boat, but let's put our best cars on our best track and let the chip fall where they may, or cream rise to the top, etc, etc. Inclusion is a great hallmark of the HFAY series. As the rules are a bit outdated, I think after this season perhaps Brian in Salt Lake can draft a new version for us to address the necessary points that need clarified or updated.

Grant, for now set up that little track and run it!
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.28, 02:09 PM   #27
TyGminiz

I agree, I don't remember seeing specifications. And since we are in the rebuilding process of this whole program, i say run smooth or rough, and then let's see how the results are at the end of the season. Brian, we'll want your input on these thoughts.

I don't think there are too many other questions for the series. It's been run for over 10 years and most of the questions have been answered... however i do know there are a lot of changes presently with cars and car manufacturers that may need to be considered. When the rules are finalized for the PN North America Championship, we could evaluate the impact from that event, and determine alterations to the present HFAY rules if any is needed. There is some flexibility in the rigidity of the program as long as it doesn't compromise the foundation.

For this season then, be consistent with the rest of the rules and post questions here. We want everyone who wants to to participate. And since there isn't much to change, jump in and get going. We'll either figure out a change, or will stick with what has worked and you can change your setup. But it's all for fun and to increase our abilities. And that is one thing i'm a stickler on.

Brian?
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.29, 11:49 AM   #28
briankstan

just catching up on a few of theses questions.

Track side: I'm good with people running either the smooth or the rough side of the track, with the main factor being that is it RCP and that the layout be matched exactly.

Timing System: Any timing system can be used.

Chassis Questions: Currently we have allowed Mini-Z all version, Iwaver and X-mods.

We currently haven't addressed the new version of the chassis by the aftermarket that have become more readily available. So for the time being I would consider these to not be legal Chassis for HFAY. We will have to discuss this in order for them to be considered.

Last edited by briankstan; 2019.01.29 at 12:12 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.29, 02:55 PM   #29
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Chassis Questions: Currently we have allowed Mini-Z all version, Iwaver and X-mods.
For clarification regarding chassis question per most current published rules below (from S23) i suppose it would be correct to assume"Mini-Z all versions" also implies PN 2.5 as well...

mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.29, 05:00 PM   #30
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
For clarification regarding chassis question per most current published rules below (from S23) i suppose it would be correct to assume"Mini-Z all versions" also implies PN 2.5 as well...
yes, the pn2.5 chassis is allowed. sorry I missed that one.