Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.04.26, 08:34 PM   #46
ProfoxCG

Send a message via AIM to ProfoxCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post
Thats freaking nuts, is the space at A&E a good size to accommodate that track. It looks pretty massive.

Cesar whats the deal?? how come your taking a undefinite break for mini-z?? There was a awsome turn out last race and the penis section was removed. Everyone dropped a second or less off there lap times.

BTW: Nice Mini-z Peep Show
Hey Luke, just been very busy with work and such. The drive down there is looong and other stuff. Maybe ill come back when the series is over and I can run my AWD. Unfortunatly a 70T is not my car's matched powerhouse. I need to run at least an xspeed. My other option would be to buy an MR02 or MR015; but I really want to start spending money on my "fake" type-R and finish my conversion, build my slot car track and other stuff.

My transmiter sold along with many of my bodies. This is not nessceraily bad, but now I have to find at least a Kt18 to drive my car.

Its great the "penis" section was taken out. I am sure it makes driving much smoother and less accidents. I suggested it to eddie last Monday, I am happy for your guys that he has taken into consideration my feedback . Unfortunaly I could not attend the thursday event because it was my sister's graduation...

I think that if I go back to AE, I wont be formally racing, I will just go to drive my AWD and relax unless I decide to build a MR02 (which I dont think is fair.)
Old 2009.04.26, 08:50 PM   #47
ProfoxCG

What do I mean its not fair?

when I invested 175.00 dollars cash for my "specilly ordered" ASF AWD at AE,I was not told I was not going to be able to race it. I wasn't told that people were going to b*tch because now I have an "advantage". (this is what happened every week while we ran "open class"

In reality, they placed my order and closed the sale. Now rather than clasifying drivers, (and lets make this clear - I dont consired my self a top shelf driver/ A-main or even B-main driver), they made everyone run with 70T motors as a lousy atempt to make things "fair" for everyone.

In regards to AWD. My car runs and handles well - I know this because even with the 70T I have placed twice with dead/flat batteries. What I think is funny is that now that I am at a disadvantage (motor) no one makes any comment in reference to that fact that my car has a handling advantage - how ironic!

Out of the box, an AWD handles like crud. You need to invest alot of time and $ to get it run. (as a matter of fact whomever buys my car is a getting a greatly tunned car - ask Mike) But people give up on the tunning and go back to their MR02 because they are easier to setup, or they dont know how to set up and AWD car, or just dont have the $ it takes to propely build one. What pisses me off is this: I have invested time and $ into a car that I can't run for 6 months untill the series is over.

I will go back this week if I can get my hands on a KT18 and find peace within myself.
Old 2009.04.26, 09:41 PM   #48
ocean rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoxCG View Post

when I invested 175.00 dollars cash for my "specilly ordered" ASF AWD at AE,I was not told I was not going to be able to race it. I wasn't told that people were going to b*tch because now I have an "advantage". (this is what happened every week while we ran "open class"

In reality, they placed my order and closed the sale. Now rather than clasifying drivers, (and lets make this clear - I dont consired my self a top shelf driver/ A-main or even B-main driver), they made everyone run with 70T motors as a lousy atempt to make things "fair" for everyone.

In regards to AWD. My car runs and handles well - I know this because even with the 70T I have placed twice with dead/flat batteries. What I think is funny is that now that I am at a disadvantage (motor) no one makes any comment in reference to that fact that my car has a handling advantage - how ironic!

Out of the box, an AWD handles like crud. You need to invest alot of time and $ to get it run. (as a matter of fact whomever buys my car is a getting a greatly tunned car - ask Mike) But people give up on the tunning and go back to their MR02 because they are easier to setup, or they dont know how to set up and AWD car, or just dont have the $ it takes to propely build one. What pisses me off is this: I have invested time and $ into a car that I can't run for 6 months untill the series is over.

I will go back this week if I can get my hands on a KT18 and find peace within myself.
For stock class I don't feel thats it's unfair for AWD and MR-02's to run together. Mod is a different story though. MR-02's are just to fast. I was considering buying a AWD car thinking there was enough people to have a class but now I think I am going to go with F1 instead. I don't race but I still have a great time hanging out and practicing.
ocean rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.26, 11:11 PM   #49
ProfoxCG

if you want a race ready AWD, there is mine.

Last edited by ProfoxCG; 2009.04.26 at 11:14 PM.
ProfoxCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.27, 08:13 AM   #50
MiamizFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoxCG View Post

With that being sayed, why not build a MR02 once you sell the AWD??? Ill be completely honest ive yet to see a AWD spank a MR02 in person ever. I worked at Micro Motor Sport for over a year and a half and ive never seen it happen. Unfortunately what you have on your hands is a case of "if you cant beat them join them". It happen to me at the offroad track when i first showed up i came with a 1,200 fully tricked out revo thinking there was a monster truck class, and when i get there i find out no one cared about monster truck and the only thing dominating the track was buggies and truggies. So ofcourse i sold the truck to fund something else. Sure it wasnt fair but i didn't care all i was looking for was a good time. At the end of the day its not really about who won the race, whos car has an advantage THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING is having a good time!!!

BTW: i think billy is selling his KT18

Last edited by MiamizFinest; 2009.04.27 at 10:00 PM.
MiamizFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.27, 08:53 AM   #51
ProfoxCG

yeah, I guess... I don't know lets see what happens when the AWD sells.
and yes, Ive wooped MR02's w the AWD....
Old 2009.05.01, 08:21 PM   #52
ocean rodeo

Anyone up for controlled F1 practice on Saturdays? I just took mine out of the box

Last edited by ocean rodeo; 2009.05.01 at 08:23 PM.
Old 2009.05.02, 04:13 PM   #53
MiamizFinest

Who else has a F1?? I know mikey does and i think billy too.

Thomas do you already have your's dailed??

Last edited by MiamizFinest; 2009.05.02 at 04:13 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 2009.05.02, 04:29 PM   #54
supafastsupra2

Send a message via AIM to supafastsupra2 Send a message via MSN to supafastsupra2
9.507, beat that luke
Old 2009.05.02, 06:07 PM   #55
ocean rodeo

Quote:
Who else has a F1?? I know mikey does and i think billy too.

Thomas do you already have your's dailed??
No, it's going to be a while, funds are tight it's needs a couple things, but it's a real fun car.

Last edited by ocean rodeo; 2009.05.02 at 06:20 PM.
Old 2009.05.02, 06:11 PM   #56
ocean rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafastsupra2 View Post
9.507, beat that luke
9.3's for that 70t, it can be done. Track was great today.
Old 2009.05.02, 06:16 PM   #57
MiamizFinest

Quote:
9.507, beat that luke
Screw your 9.507, im already at 10.053.........im only half a second behind you with the 70T turn
Old 2009.05.02, 06:21 PM   #58
ocean rodeo

^ that was a 70turn
Old 2009.05.02, 06:42 PM   #59
supafastsupra2

Send a message via AIM to supafastsupra2 Send a message via MSN to supafastsupra2
Quote:
Screw your 9.507, im already at 10.053.........im only half a second behind you with the 70T turn
No one likes a hater
Old 2009.05.02, 08:25 PM   #60
MiamizFinest

Quote:
No one likes a hater
You know it's all in good fun!!

Thomas, yes where talking about the 70T motor ive yet to throw the transponder on my fully modded car to see what kind of lap times im geting.