Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.12.21, 12:50 AM   #1
danjoyy25

Brushless allowed in season 15???

With the release of the brushless system next week any plans on including it next seasons HFAY. just got a few newbies waiting to get brushless systems and don't want to alienate them when we run HFAY events
danjoyy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.21, 01:37 AM   #2
imxlr8ed

More research is needed but this is going to be our largest issue to date. The series is based on specific motors in the interest of fairness.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.21, 01:54 AM   #3
danjoyy25

Maybe run them pre normal and just identify the brushless runners so they can have there own point score.
Old 2012.12.21, 08:36 AM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i don't see how these are going to fit within the others. if the baseline speed is greatly increased and there is not equivalent motor to use, why would it be allowed? the current series as mentioned is based around a fixed motor selection. i certainly don't think it would be fair to let a brushless car run with 70T am/2.4 car.

it may be possible in the future if someone can produce an equivalent motor but right now that simply doesn't exist. i'm sure it will though.

just my thoughts... brian is the ultimate decision maker.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.21, 11:46 AM   #5
briankstan

currently we don't have any plans to allow them, we'll need first have acess to one and see where they compare to the motors we are running now.

As Arch2b said we are a spec motor series so allowing them to run without meeting the spec motor rules would not work under the current rules.

If they get more popular we'll evaluate them at that time. With the upcoming price increase and the cost of the brushless mini-z we'll have to see if people are going to be jumping on them or if Kyosho priced themselves out of the market of what people are willing to spend. Time will tell.

splitting them out into a seperate series wouldn't work with the way the site is setup, it would have to be completed as a different series or different class within the series. I don't think we'll initially have the #'s with them to warrant that at this time.

Last edited by briankstan; 2012.12.21 at 11:49 AM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.21, 12:04 PM   #6
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoyy25 View Post
With the release of the brushless system next week any plans on including it next seasons HFAY. just got a few newbies waiting to get brushless systems and don't want to alienate them when we run HFAY events
Your club can always try doing time trials. It has a racer class, open class and F-1 class. Or just run a race within the club so they are not left out and don't submit those times. I think the open class time trial will allow them to run the brushless motors. It would be a good way to see how competitive the brushless cars are compared to the brushed motors.
Old 2012.12.21, 12:05 PM   #7
ChiMiniRc

Just chiming in.
Regarding the manual
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...3VE-T01_IM.pdf

They refer to a rev limit and a blue light that will light up when it is adjusted from factory settings. As a starting point, the factory setting would almost HAVE to be within the performance envelope of the 70t motor. I'd be ok if it had more torque as I believe the 70t has more then enough torque for HFAY layouts.

If the factor rev limiter is beyond the performance of the 70t, it would seem an automatic no-go as reprogramming via ICS would be too difficult.

Say you could set the rev limiter to 70t specs and every club has access to ICS programmers, then I think it could be done. Granted we'd have to trust we are all using the same settings but we already do that regarding motor usage.
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.21, 12:27 PM   #8
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMiniRc View Post
Just chiming in.
Regarding the manual
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...3VE-T01_IM.pdf

They refer to a rev limit and a blue light that will light up when it is adjusted from factory settings. As a starting point, the factory setting would almost HAVE to be within the performance envelope of the 70t motor. I'd be ok if it had more torque as I believe the 70t has more then enough torque for HFAY layouts.

If the factor rev limiter is beyond the performance of the 70t, it would seem an automatic no-go as reprogramming via ICS would be too difficult.

Say you could set the rev limiter to 70t specs and every club has access to ICS programmers, then I think it could be done. Granted we'd have to trust we are all using the same settings but we already do that regarding motor usage.
good information Greg, We'll keep tabs on them when the are finally released and see what comes of it.
Old 2012.12.21, 12:29 PM   #9
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Read the manual in the link. Shows how long it's been since I've read this last. Apparentlly if you run the Li-Fe batteries you have to get the I.C.S set up and change the settings so that you don't run the battery too low and damage it. They also recommend using the metal servo gear. I guess it puts more power to the servo as well.
Old 2012.12.21, 12:43 PM   #10
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
good information Greg, We'll keep tabs on them when the are finally released and see what comes of it.
I know of 2 pre-orders in our area and I'll likely get one. My main thing is run time. 30-45 minutes is great but 60-80 minutes would be FANTASTIC!
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.21, 01:08 PM   #11
danjoyy25

Pre ordered one as well so will keep you guys posted how it compares with a 70t. Just had to ask as we have a few newbie holding out for a brushless. Me personally I still prefer brushed as I get to run all the bling alloy bits. Good idea on running them on open class just to cater for brushless racers until its decided where it will fit in or not.
Old 2012.12.21, 01:54 PM   #12
imxlr8ed

Blinky mode for Mini-Z... Ha!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.14, 06:52 AM   #13
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b