Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.03.20, 02:36 AM   #1
ukyo

HFAY spec motors

one of the guys at our club was asking about the HFAY spec motors at our club. When you search for "HFAY" at shop.tinyrc.com there are 3 HFAY motors.
Would I be right in guessing most people are using "HFAY Stock Motor - Season 8 " or item "HFAY-3"?

If so.. does anyone know when there will be new stock? I noticed that there is also no stock from the salt-lake shop and no stock of the PN70T at rc kenon
ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.20, 07:51 AM   #2
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
For this season it has to be the pn70t motor.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.20, 09:49 AM   #3
chris130256

I'm in desperate need of a new PN 70 and can't find anywhere that has any either. I know we can use the stock motors but they are too slow for competing at the thick end of the championship. I think there needs to be another motor we can use when there is a shortage of PN 70 's.
chris130256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.24, 02:59 PM   #4
chris b

Has any one got an answer regarding the motors?
Old 2011.03.24, 06:39 PM   #5
imxlr8ed

It has to be the PN 70turn for now... next season may be different.

I'm still revising the manuals and that is a question I have as well, since there are now other 70turns out there... maybe we should open it up a bit more?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.25, 07:28 AM   #6
briankstan

I ran out of motors and PN didn't have any stock as well. He is waiting for his order to come in, as soon as they become available again I'll let you know as I'll have some instock.

if you have a PN70T motor you can use that. Hope that helps with your answers. If we can't get them we'll have to look at alternatives for next season.
Old 2011.04.13, 02:43 PM   #7
chris b

Is there any more news on the pn70 motors?
Old 2011.04.13, 02:46 PM   #8
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris b View Post
Is there any more news on the pn70 motors?
Chris, I have 15 coming this weeks, PN should have more stock in the next week or so. if you need to arrange for me to get you some let me know.
Old 2011.04.13, 04:25 PM   #9
chris b

Thanks Brian,

Is this just a hickup from PN or is this going to be an issue long term do you think ?

As the PNWC & the big track challenge have gone to the 80 turn do you think it should be revised for the hfay, (maybe a bit short notice for season 12 expecting every one to purchase a new motor ready for july)
Old 2011.04.13, 04:41 PM   #10
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris b View Post
Thanks Brian,

Is this just a hickup from PN or is this going to be an issue long term do you think ?

As the PNWC & the big track challenge have gone to the 80 turn do you think it should be revised for the hfay, (maybe a bit short notice for season 12 expecting every one to purchase a new motor ready for july)
no it shouldn't be an issue, they order a large qty, and they just sold out, the Chinese new year delay the shipment because of when it was ordered. When talking with Philip and Ken (from PN) they are due to arrive in the next week or so. I took most of what they found on hand.

Not sure on the big track challenge. that isn't related to HFAY. I haven not discussed changing motors and if it does happen we are to close to season 12 to change at that time. if we change it would be for season 13 starting in 2012. Discussions would have to be had before that time.
Old 2011.04.14, 06:02 PM   #11
imxlr8ed

Updated manuals should be finished next week for review.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.03, 10:38 AM   #12
ukyo

on the topic of motors.. what do people generally do with motors?
new one each season? keep running the same and change the brushes when they are worn? PN part 10CR50?
one of the guys put in some new PN brushes and it was noticeably quicker
Old 2015.01.03, 12:29 PM   #13
Jshwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
on the topic of motors.. what do people generally do with motors?
new one each season? keep running the same and change the brushes when they are worn? PN part 10CR50?
one of the guys put in some new PN brushes and it was noticeably quicker
The brushes are the part that generally wears out and can be replaced. You can also run a motor so hot for so long that the enamel on the motor windings starts to crack and produce shorts, and the motor is then 'burnt out'. But if you take care of your armature, and keep the commutator polished, it can last through several brush changes. Just blow out the dust from time to time, and definitely 'wear in' after changing brushes. The brushes need to have contact throughout the entire surface area between brush and commutator for maximum power transfer.

It'd be a shame to throw away a good motor.
Jshwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.03, 11:00 PM   #14
Mike Keely

at the cost of a new motor I would just replace the motor. You can not see it with your eye but the commutator gets pitted where the brush touches the spinning armature at each segment. When it is pitted there is a low spot that the brush can not get the power to the motor. This causes a slight loss in power.
Old 2015.01.04, 07:55 AM   #15
ukyo

Does any one know why it says *MR03 SPORT NOT support this motor* on the PN70T page? is it cos the MR03S board has fewer fets?

http://www kenonhobby com/PN-Racing-...r_p_43044.html

Last edited by mleemor60; 2015.01.04 at 08:38 AM. Reason: link contained pricing from site other than Tiny-RC.