Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.06.30, 08:18 AM   #1
HammondCheese

Ar-265-v2 90mm motor pod damping options

Hi all,
decided I loved the Citroen DS3 body and after a long and arduous battle with some bright orange paint and some dust I have a shell ready to go and am in the middle of putting a 2wd chassis together for it. I had access to an Ar265 pod so decided to swing that way. Now I've had a few issues with getting the Ar265 damper delivered (it may turn up at some point... long story). I do however have a spare SCS unit sitting around and was thinking of trying to get that going in the meantime. The damper arm though looks badly out of place for SCS use.
Anyone had any luck running the AR265 with the SCS? How did you mount it - I suspect I'm missing something obvious - the SCS says its 90 mm compatible - and what other Atomic (or any other 90mm) mounts are out there in that length that would work with it?

Cheers all.
HammondCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.30, 09:42 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
subscribed i have both but never tried them. always looking for alternative options for 90mm setups. i'm running the DS3 right now as well, changed over from the cooper.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.30, 07:04 PM   #3
HammondCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
subscribed i have both but never tried them. always looking for alternative options for 90mm setups. i'm running the DS3 right now as well, changed over from the cooper.
Nice paint job. Mines pretty much a plain fluoro orange... with the odd dust spec :|. What are you using for the rear end currently if I may ask ?
Old 2013.06.30, 07:41 PM   #4
arch2b

right now i have the PN 90mm motor mount and disk damper.

up front i have the reflex front end with pn knuckles and reflex spring over kit.

i actually have the atomic 90mm motor mount and SC damper kit. i just haven't done anything with them yet.

did you sand down the front chin? i had to flatten mine out so it wouldn't scrape on the track.
Old 2013.07.01, 07:47 AM   #5
HammondCheese

I haven't got it to the point of running yet . Back end I'm waiting for the damper and a T plant mount to show up. Front end is together. I've gone with the Atomic reverse kingpin type setup, 2 degree caster arm, 1 degree camber knuckles to begin with. I'm hoping I don't have to sand the front fender - but I guess I'll find out when its together.
Old 2013.07.01, 09:07 AM   #6
arch2b

another thing to always keep in mind is (i'm sure you already know this), you can't copy a setup and expect to get the same results as others. driving style is a huge component to any setup and what works for others may not work for you.

unless your an enthusiast, you would never know i sanded mine down. the bottom of the front nose had a downward curve to it that scrapes the track with my setup. 5 minutes with a sanding block fixed it and you never knew it was there.

what wheels are you using?
Old 2013.07.01, 10:43 AM   #7
HammondCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
another thing to always keep in mind is (i'm sure you already know this), you can't copy a setup and expect to get the same results as others. driving style is a huge component to any setup and what works for others may not work for you.

unless your an enthusiast, you would never know i sanded mine down. the bottom of the front nose had a downward curve to it that scrapes the track with my setup. 5 minutes with a sanding block fixed it and you never knew it was there.

what wheels are you using?
Yup - I get that. Just looking for a place to start having never run a chassis at 90 before (or narrow wheelbase either!).
The plan is for s6s at both ends, if necessary I'll try a set of the new 19.5s at the front. I don't have any currently.
The lower lip at the front is black currently - would have been easier to sand before painting but hadn't thought of that .
Old 2013.07.01, 12:44 PM   #8
arch2b

i have S6 20mm rear and 19mm front. i'm running 0mm wide at the rear as well. i tried the atomic ultra narrow rear end and it just didn't work for me.

a black sharpie works wonders for painted bumpers.