Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.27, 12:38 AM   #1
machine
learning the hard way

Question Core issues during big race

Hey guys,

I installed the new version 1.1 a few weeks ago and things worked great for me on the garage track. Over the weekend we ran a large race event and i had a 3 major problems.

1) it wouldn't pick up laps after i loaded a heat up. I'd have to start the race to see if everyone checked first, than stop the race and restart. And than i was at about 90% trhat it would read.

2) a few transponders didn't 100% or at all. these are fresh T's new and un-used.

3) the whole system seemed to lag often when i scanned in cars and went into the manager folders.

I'm running a stand alone desktop, nothing running but xp. It's dedicated to the Core lap system.

i'm switching back to the original system as i type. I like the new features but don't like the problems i had. As you can imagine running a multi class event is hard enough without having to sweat about the lap timing system.

Core any thoughts??

Core anythoughts?

Old 2006.03.27, 01:24 AM   #2
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Hi Machine,

Our club just raised the money for a Core system. I'm not liking what I read in your posts.

Rite now, we use stop watches, and bodies to run the race. We just had a very successful race day today. The event takes place in a four hour window. We have three 15min practice sessions. then we run 6 rounds of 3min qualifiers (each guy gets two) and then we run our C, B, and Finlay our A main event.

It's allot to do in four hours, and I'm not looking forward to tinkering with a lap counting system that has software issues.

Do you still recommend the core system?

Thanks

Rharris

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.27, 05:07 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the version i run works great. i have not tried any of the latest versions soley because we are in the middle of race season and i don't have the time to f' with it, if it doesn't work. i have read a few have no problems at all with the latest version, see the atlanta group or the ann arbor group....

sorry to hear the troubles machine, maybe one of the groups running the new stuff can help you out. i recall the altanta guys having to fidget with it or something?

for $600 or so, you will not find a better system. and you simply can't beat the price on transponders.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.27, 09:38 AM   #4
will3kgt

We didn't have any problems with ours in Ann Arbor. We taped our races to see if we missed any laps and we didn't.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.27, 09:54 AM   #5
briankstan

with the updated software. I'm not having issues with missed laps. I'm having issues with it starting to count. Once it does it works great. Sometimes we need to start the races 3 times to get it to work, others we don't it's kinda random.

I'm not sure what would be causing this because I wasn't able to reproduce it while trying to test why. I think it might have been a enviromental issue with where we are setup for the winter.

I know that Core is aware of the issue, and they haven't been able to reproduce that problem either. It has to be software related because we didn't have this issue with the previous version that we were running in the same location.

Brian
Old 2006.03.27, 10:54 AM   #6
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
with the updated software. I'm not having issues with missed laps. I'm having issues with it starting to count. Once it does it works great. Sometimes we need to start the races 3 times to get it to work, others we don't it's kinda random.

I'm not sure what would be causing this because I wasn't able to reproduce it while trying to test why. I think it might have been a enviromental issue with where we are setup for the winter.

I know that Core is aware of the issue, and they haven't been able to reproduce that problem either. It has to be software related because we didn't have this issue with the previous version that we were running in the same location.

Brian
I downloaded that version and it read the transponders fine but wouldn't count thelaps when the race started. I went back to the old working version till Core works this out and explains how the software works more thoroughly
Old 2006.03.27, 11:48 AM   #7
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
cool,

So what I'm hearing is that the reader, antenna, and transponders all work well together. However, there are occasional software issues.

That's understandable. I'll be calling Core today.

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.27, 11:54 AM   #8
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris
cool,

So what I'm hearing is that the reader, antenna, and transponders all work well together. However, there are occasional software issues.

That's understandable. I'll be calling Core today.
yea, just some smalle software bugs. they have been working on this stuff.

I'm sure glad I have mine. Won't want to go back to counting laps in my head...LOL

you will be pleased.

Brian
Old 2006.03.27, 01:32 PM   #9
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
yea, just some smalle software bugs. they have been working on this stuff.

I'm sure glad I have mine. Won't want to go back to counting laps in my head...LOL

you will be pleased.

Brian
I agree, it has some issues but it sure beats counting laps any day! The counting has been woring great these days, it's the race management part of the software is a bit buggy
Old 2006.03.27, 11:08 PM   #10
machine
learning the hard way

Quote:
That is the same problem here. I'm re-installing the first version before our next race. Having to start the race a few times because it doesn't count is really a let down for our crowds.

It works once and the next race doesn't I tried different usb cords, with the same results. I like the new features and the new voice, hope they get a new patch out soon.
Old 2006.03.28, 08:50 AM   #11
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine
That is the same problem here. I'm re-installing the first version before our next race. Having to start the race a few times because it doesn't count is really a let down for our crowds.

It works once and the next race doesn't I tried different usb cords, with the same results. I like the new features and the new voice, hope they get a new patch out soon.
I have a been talking about this with some of my club members and we recalled that we you get to the loop to quickly is when we were having issued with it starting counting. Last night we did a test and when we started one tile grid behind the loop it didn't start counting. we moved back one more tile and it was working.

I will be doing some more testing with it this week to see if that is actually what is causing the problem or not, Others out there might want to test this as well if you have time.

just passing along some info. Hopefully Core can get this figured out and resolved as i really love the Race Director feature and some of the new features that are in the new software.

Brian
Old 2006.03.28, 06:47 PM   #12
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
we usually start either right on teh loop or just behind or infront of the loop. i don't recall ever having problems getting the race counter to start, just random missed laps.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.30, 02:22 AM   #13
machine
learning the hard way

Ok re-installed my version 1, and ran a few timetrials on a 96 tonight not a lap missed. Is there a way to incorprate the new features into the old version? May be a dumb question, i'm not a programmer by any means.
Old 2006.03.30, 10:37 AM   #14
CoreAnalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine
Ok re-installed my version 1, and ran a few timetrials on a 96 tonight not a lap missed. Is there a way to incorprate the new features into the old version? May be a dumb question, i'm not a programmer by any means.
We expect to release another patch sometime in the next week (assumming our beta testers give us feedback soon enough).

--Core
CoreAnalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.30, 09:31 PM   #15
machine
learning the hard way

if you need a beta tester I'm running another big event soon. Hope to have about 15 to 20 people running in about 4 classes. Anyways it's good to now Core is working on the issue.