Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.08.18, 01:42 PM   #1
Tjay

Exclamation PN Drivers

Which PN6 slicks were you guys using at the recent Regional?

-PN6 slicks
-PN6 treaded/x-pattern but trued to slicks?

Is this available on the market now? PN tires are inconsistent (batch to batch), I was wondering is there certain batch of PN6 slicks that we need to know about or just whatever is on the market?
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.18, 04:52 PM   #2
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
Which PN6 slicks were you guys using at the recent Regional?

-PN6 slicks
-PN6 treaded/x-pattern but trued to slicks?

Is this available on the market now? PN tires are inconsistent (batch to batch), I was wondering is there certain batch of PN6 slicks that we need to know about or just whatever is on the market?
TJ, we try any batch any 6 degree rear ties is working good in FAST Pace, just little difference, depends on driving style, Grant and Chad like RSR06, I run RRR06, they like more steering so less little grip on rear, for me I like little push so I like more grip on rear. All of us use RXF15 front tire tune down to 23.5-23.8mm, also working good.

But in Insideline may be difference, because they had run silicon tire on the track, so the grip is totally difference, i heard they run K20 rear, front you can choose difference tires like K30 PN8 or PN15.

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.18, 04:55 PM   #3
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
And all tires we run is on market, we didn't run any secret tires, I only run some tire is without packing, because when factory finish the production of the tires, I request them send me 100 pair without packing (save shipping cost) I tested the production batch is ok, then ship me the balance, so you can see i run some tires without packing.

Old 2011.08.18, 05:23 PM   #4
Tjay

Quote:
TJ, we try any batch any 6 degree rear ties is working good in FAST Pace, just little difference, depends on driving style, Grant and Chad like RSR06, I run RRR06, they like more steering so less little grip on rear, for me I like little push so I like more grip on rear. All of us use RXF15 front tire tune down to 23.5-23.8mm, also working good.
Thanks for sharing. I figured the slicks had to be those rear wheel steering drivers.

Quote:
And all tires we run is on market, we didn't run any secret tires, I only run some tire is without packing, because when factory finish the production of the tires, I request them send me 100 pair without packing (save shipping cost) I tested the production batch is ok, then ship me the balance, so you can see i run some tires without packing.
Some RRR06 has gummy feel to it while others are like parada 6's. How do I order the ones that feel like parada's? That's what I was referring to. I didn't see the off-package tires. Unfortunately, I wasn't there.
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.18, 08:55 PM   #5
PNracing

All the RRR06 only latest production in stock, same as Parada production RRR06 already sold out long time, if you like the Parada production material, just keep run that.

Old 2011.08.23, 02:44 AM   #6
Racer-HH

Talking about tires, what tires do you guys prefer for F1?
Old 2011.08.23, 05:26 PM   #7
ruf
4play

Not a PN driver, but I used PN6 rears, and with very old K30 fronts. PN6 rears have the most grip, but they lose chemical traction in about 2-3 mod runs depending on how much you rear steer. Tread is still visible, but you will start losing the rear. K20 rears have a little less traction, but are consistent after 2 runs til they are bald. I may have had too much traction, as traction rolling was a major issue in the main.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.24, 04:22 AM   #8
Racer-HH

Thanks. Currently I run K20s. They are nearly "bald" (after some 300 rounds on Layout A) but still have good grip. I have to see how they handle when they are totally blank. But for replacement I may try PN6 now as well.
Old 2011.08.24, 09:09 AM   #9
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Be aware that grip with the PN6 is entirely track dependent. Some will work much better with the PN tires than the Kyosho tires, others the PN tires will last 2-3 runs before drop off. Locally, there is one track in particular that the PN tires are simply amazing, and the Kyosho tires cannot come close to the grip level that the PN tires have, even when the PN tires are bald and the Kyosho tires are near new. Other tracks are nearly opposite.

Typically, if silicone tires have been used on the track, it will greatly hurt the grip level of the PN rubber. The Kyosho radials do have a slight silicone content, and will grip better on these types of tracks. If most people run Kyosho tires, then the odds are that the Kyosho tires will hook up considerably better. If most people use the PN tires, then they will typically work better. Rubber gets laid down in the track, so typically the tire most used will hook up best as it has most of its rubber laid into the track...

The last set of PN radials that I used at MHS were amazing. I ran them for practice, qualify, and the mains at the East Coast Districts in Pan car. I had started practice with a set of broken in Kyosho 20d radials (tread nearly worn off, typically when they are the best), and I couldnt get the car hooked up well enough. I switched to a new set of 20d radials, and grip was basically the same not nearly what I needed to race. I tried a set of PN radials that I got from a teammate that had been glued/used past their prime, and the grip was considerably better than the Kyosho at their prime. I bought and glued up a set and quickly found pace, finishing on the podium. I did not expect such a large increase in grip, but it was great

The PN 6d radials that I used are wierldy oversized, almost like they grew after coming out of the mold. I used them way past the point that the tread was gone, and grip stayed consistent. I even used them for a test tire on my next visit for the entire 3 hours I was on the track. The tires did start to blister (or show air pockets in the rubber) near the end of the test day, and grip fell off. But this showed me that the rubber had gained more grip, for longer periods of time than it had prior, so long as the rubber worked with the track that it was being used on.

On a track that is not as worn in with PN rubber, the tires may net the 2-3 runs that Ruf stated, but with heavy use of the tire, grip and runtime on the tire will increase. With whatever motor I could throw at the car, I could not spin the rear tires. I had started with a 50t in pan on the Kyosho tires and was near the edge of the envelope of grip. After switching to the PN rubber, I went to a PN 39t and felt that I still had more grip applying throttle than I did with the 50t on Kyosho rubber.