Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.02.03, 11:27 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Kyosho brushless banana plug

With the Evo able to switch between brushed and brushless motors, it becomes more important to have a consistent plug type and I have yet to find the male plug Kyosho is currently using. Kyosho sells the female plug separately but not the male plug. Does anyone know what they are using?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.03, 11:43 AM   #2
bobbyz

From non-caliper measurements, I believe they are 2mm bullet type. It may take a little trial and error, but there are a few connectors on the market whose smallest version is 2mm. XT30 type are 2mm bullet encased in a housing will have the male part that may work. I did a little research, because I saw the same issue of no K parts for the male brushless connectors. When I get a set of these smaller XT type connectors I'll post an update here.

Last edited by bobbyz; 2019.02.03 at 11:47 AM.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.03, 12:15 PM   #3
Qball41

Correct. 2mm bullet connectors. I bought some from the local hobby shop that were intended for small RC planes.
Old 2019.02.03, 12:22 PM   #4
arch2b

There are tons of 2mm umbrella style for lack of a better term for them however unable able to find any 2mm split end style. As soon as you get up to 3.5mm you can find some but those would be needlessly large.

The only interpretation I can come up with is Kyosho wished to maintain a closed system architecture so they released only the female plug for the chassis and continue to make the male plug only available on motors that up until now, had to be cut off a brushless motor as there terminals are concealed and the endbell. You can now at least rob them from the EVO brushed motor but they cost you upwards of $9 to do so and you only get the pair. I've already bought two and taken them off to use with PN70T motors but looking for long term solution as this is cost prohibitive and not looking to solder to the board every time I want to change a motor.

I'm hoping we can find the magical bullet so to speak that would allow us to easily adapt vs. having to re-plug everything just to get a standard or have to solder to the board which is fine but tedius and simply increases opportunity to F'up a perfectly good board due to a slip of the soldering iron.
Old 2019.02.03, 03:53 PM   #5
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Mauser? Might be a good source for the O-rings as well. OEM rings are likely natural rubber since it is a European product.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.03, 03:57 PM   #6
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

getfpv.com shows 2.0mm male and female, 12 pair for $2.99
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.03, 05:11 PM   #7
SuperFly
bitPimp

Just as an additional data point, I ordered some of these 2mm banana plugs, and while they are acceptable and do the job, they are longer than the stock Kyosho plugs. Ultimately, I decided I didn't swap motors very often, and it was a cleaner install to just solder to the board.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.08, 07:34 PM   #8
bobbyz

I did stop by the LHS and got a pair of male XT30 connectors. They were Common SenceRC brand pt#XT30-MM-1P. After a little fiddling with mini wire cutters to break the housing apart, they fit nice and tight in the Kyosho female side of the connector. This part# will yield 4 of the male connectors for about 5bucks. The male post is the solid/split type as opposed to the umbrella type. There is also pt#XT30-MF-1P which is a male plug, and female plug and will yield 2female posts and 2male post. Again you'd have to break the housing apart to get to each of the post. Both pt#s come with red and black heat shrink. Hope this helps.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.03.10, 01:10 PM   #9
arch2b

Thanks,I ordered a couple of these to see how well i can make them work.