Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.05.16, 03:12 AM   #1
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
Custom DBR Dodge Super Truck

Have been doing some more design work and testing and have finally come up with a Craftsman Series Super Truck body that will fit both the MR01 and 02 chassis without any H-Plate modification. Vacuum formed from styrene plastic from my own custom mold (started out as a 1/24th scale slot car body, after casting it in plaster I then narrowed it and added the shock hump in the bed, the front and rear ends were reshaped, and this is the results).

Dodge ST

The body is Dodge, very low and wide (perfect fit for the Enzo offset wheel set), can be mounted on either 01/02 chassis in either RM or MM. The raised section in the bed (which also incorporates the raised skull, marking this body as a "Hell on Wheels" DBR body) allows the use of a rear shock system on a body this low.

The body does come with grill/headlight decals for the front, a skull decal for the bed, and a set of tail light decals. This body does require some custom mounts to be fabricated (but it is pretty easy) and paint.

Prepainted versions with mounts may be available later on at special request.

This truck looks so cool running around our oval track, it is very low and very wide, but that just adds to it's fantastic stability. Added some race decals for the racer look, I think it turned out well.

Race Dodge
"Hell on Wheels" Skull

I originally thought the styrene would be too light for serious racing (it is softer than standard body plastics) but after two weeks of bashing this poor thing around the track with the rest of the Mini-Z Monster Garage crew, I have changed my mind. The styrene has proven to be very tough and has held up as well as any AS body.

I did supply RCM with one Dodge ST body today, we'll have to wait now and see what kind of killer paint he comes up with.

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.16, 07:23 AM   #2
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
thats pretty kool DBR, i love the molded in skull, it looks great
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.16, 02:04 PM   #3
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
Thanks Ninja
Just can't get the Oval Racer out of me!

More info under Misc Disscussion/DBR Parts

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.17, 02:08 PM   #4
Breeze
Mini-Z Pro

Very cool! Now, Make a Cup body Please oh Please!!!!! And a GTP body Please oh Please!!!!

ck out my website
SpiceyCajun.com
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote